TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

Impact 4/23

Another Thursday another TNA Impact wonder if we break 20 posts?

PREVIEW FOR TONIGHT'S HUGE "iMPACT!" - THE AFTERMATH OF THE LOCKDOWN PAY-PER-VIEW!

TNA Wrestling returns to SpikeTV TONIGHT at 9/8c for two hours of Total Nonstop Action featuring the aftermath from Sunday's huge "Lockdown" Pay-Per-View spectacular. The below is an early preview of what will take place on the broadcast (card is subject to change)

BIG NEWS: TNAwrestling.com has learned that a new main main event has been added to Thursday's broadcast as it will be "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner of the Main Event Mafia taking on his former friend and TNA Founder... "The King Of The Mountain" Jeff Jarrett!

- How will the landscape of TNA change with the arrival of Bobby Lashley? Will we find out more about his debut on Sunday night at Lockdown? How will he fit into the power struggle between The Main Event Mafia and TNA Frontline? Find out more this Thursday!

- New TNA champions were crowned on Sunday night, as Mick Foley became the new World Champion, Team 3D regained the TNA Tag Team Championship and Angelina Love of the Beautiful People captured the Women's Championship!

We'll hear from the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion Mick Foley, who plans to kick off the broadcast!

Rumor has it that Team 3D are planning to make a huge announcement on Thursday after winning their 22nd World Tag Team Titles this past Sunday!

Plus, TNAwrestling.com has learned that the Beautiful People have already requested time during the event for an in-ring celebration of Angelina's big win!

- In addition, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles will be in action as he defends the TNA Legends Championship against multi-time World Champion and Main Event Mafia member Kevin Nash!

- Will we find out who Samoa Joe was talking to at Lockdown?

- Also on Thursday's "iMPACT!", there will be a Knockouts Ladder Match with Taylor Wilde vs. Sojo Bolt for a shot at the Women's Championship

- Mike Tenay is scheduled to conduct a sitdown interview with Christopher Daniels - who made his TNA return this past week and will speak out for the first time since his comeback

All this and much more on Thursday's "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV starting at 9/8c

Loving what they're doing with Foley's character right now. When he's got some actual material to work with, he really is tremendous on the mic. I honestly forgot how good he could be. I really consistently enjoy Impact nowadays in a way that I haven't enjoyed pro wrestling since probably the "Smackdown Six" days at the end of 2002. They build strongly to the main event segment every week, and it's always something that feels meaningful and worth watching. Almost every undercard segment is interesting too, as the Kong/Love feud's the best feud I've seen in the Knockouts division, and the tourney's a neat idea to provide the tag division with some much-needed structure. Another A+ effort from Impact. If they keep this up, I think they can actually catch the WWE within 3 or 4 years.

If they can start performing in bigger arenas in front of more fans and improve the production values just a touch, then yeah, they're on the right track.

Get Chris Daniels out of the main event, though.

He just doesn't look right, even if he's been the backbone of TNA.

Nah, Daniels definitely belongs in the main event. He's pretty much the only young face they have that has enough charisma to be able to really get over with the crowd. He just needs to cut off that stupid mustache.

Idk Franchise I too think Daniels is a good fit, he has been gone for a while and they are treating him as legit so the fans will buy him, the ones at the Impact Zone sure do. He is smaller than the other guys but he's not like Rey Mysterio small and he can def bring the good matches.

Nah, Daniels definitely belongs in the main event. He's pretty much the only young face they have that has enough charisma to be able to really get over with the crowd. He just needs to cut off that stupid mustache.

Young face? Dude is almost 38. I guess he's young compared to Booker T, Angle and Nash but it's not like he's some newbie.

He's a fresh face tho while not young he doesn't have that experence at the top and since the fans are accepting him I don't see a down side to having him be a main player in this TNA v MEM feud

Jethro Holiday is a better redneck name than Trevor Murdoch but does anyone think he will be a "impact" player in TNA or just get lost in the shuffle of the tag team division?