TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

NO BACKLASH DISCUSSION THREAD????

I wonder if its on the card simply everyone knows Punk is in the vicinity with his MITB.

This is awesome, because there should be a PPV where Punk isn't booked to wrestle at all, and a current champion is being interviewed and you see Punk casually walk past him, and the champion gets a worried look on his face.

I remember Punk doing that the last time he had MITB. I think he did it to both champions, Edge and Randy Orton. He casually walked by them before there match with his briefcase, smiled and said, have a good match, I'll be watching.

Punk vs Cena in Chicago at Judgment Day has the potential to be outstanding. Punk would be hugely popular, Cena would be booed out of the building. Punk vs Cena has never happened before either, so I hope they do have the match next month.

How does Batista fit into Legacy AT ALL? Wasn't his father a Filipino auto mechanic?

IIRC at One Night Stand last year, Orton went up to Batista in backstage segment and (I don't remember the exact lines) suggested to him about getting the band back together (teasing Evolution 2.0) Batista didn't say anything and walked off.

Batista has been stale for years so I think a heel turn will freshen his character up a bit. Besides, Triple H still needs to get his win back from him.

Are you missing the whole connecting point between members of Legacy?

Do you not grasp the connotations of the word 'Legacy'?

Batista doesn't fit in with the connecting factor AT ALL. Either of the McMahons do, but not Batista.

We need to have a scene where Priceless and Batista are sitting at a table playing cards. Kinda like the APA used to do.

Orton could walk through the door and Ted DiBiase could tell him to knock.

Good times.

Kane/Punk really tuned my interest level down a bit for this show, just has no right being on ppv when it's the clearest example of "lets just throw in a filler match without much of a reason to" in a long time in terms of WWE ppv lineups.......as a five match card without Punk/Kane and wasting time with the Khali Kiss Cam angle, it sounds tremendous, but it's just sad that match and the stupid Santino segment will probably take up a half hour of ppv time likely.

Personally, I'm more looking forward to Steamboat/Jericho and the Hardy match above anything else, although I'm sure Cena/Edge should be strong considering the stip and the promise this is the final big time match with the two. Christian/Swagger have never had even an average match one-on-one (more good to great matches) so that has the potential to be the showstealer as well. As far as the six man goes, I smell a turn by either Shane or Batista there to cost HHH the title, more likely than not I would imagine it will be Shane, finally perhaps joining Legacy. I wish they would pull a change in the match last minute and make it a six man elimination match instead, just because it seems too predictable HHH is losing the title without having to lose at all.

That was a pretty damn good opener, thought the title match they had on ECW TV was a tad bit better, but still this was solid stuff. Christian will probably give it back to Swagger within the next month or so, though. Rematch is inevitable.

Both Christian/Swagger and Steamboat/Jericho were way better than average undercard ppv matches.

Can I get some star ratings for the first 2 matches please? How did Steamboat look out there tonight?

I'll give Christian/Swagger 3.5*'s and Steamboat/Jericho 3*'s, Steamboat looked good but fucked up a figure 4, still a good match though.

I don't know what it was exactly, but something was definately missing from that I Quit match. Seemed a bit rushed, although I think they got 15-20 minutes. Guess I was just expecting more from the apparent blowoff match between the two. That said, it was still a solid match.

Kane/Punk was better than expected, but the crowd was super dead through that, and most of the night so far.

Hatred was missed from that I Quit match

Yeah, there was little intensity in that match, I think that was the problem.

Wow, that Santina segment was so bad it was just plain bad. Nothing entertaining whatsoever about it. Can't recall them pulling such a shitty angle on ppv like that in years.