TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

NO BACKLASH DISCUSSION THREAD????

Here's your card, by the way.

World Heavyweight Champion John Cena vs. Edge (Last Man Standing Match)

ECW Champion Jack Swagger vs. Christian

WWE Champion Triple H, Batista & Shane McMahon vs. Randy Orton & The Legacy

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy ("I Quit" Match)

Chris Jericho vs. WWE Hall of Famer Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat

CM Punk vs. Kane

Santina on Khali Kiss Cam

Kami, your fantasy team is looking good for tonight.

please keep all fantasy game talk in the fantasy game thread.

Please keep all theone talk in the theone thread.

If one doesn't exist, make one, and keep all talk in there.

Seriously dude, don't argue just for the sake of it.

Kami, your fantasy team is looking good for tonight.

please keep all fantasy game talk in the fantasy game thread.

Please keep all theone talk in the theone thread.

If one doesn't exist, make one, and keep all talk in there.

Seriously dude, don't argue just for the sake of it.

I wasn't arguing with anyone. Merely making an observation. At this point if I WERE arguing, I'd link to you the webster's definition of an argument and explain exactly why you're wrong... but I'm not.

That's neither here nor there though, Fantasy talk goes in the Fantasy thread. This one says it's the BACKLASH DISCUSSION THREAD if I'm not mistaken.

A couple of rumors/leaks has Cena taking time off and Jeff Hardy leaving the company - I hope both are swerves. I want Cena to actually win at Backlash because I like the idea of Punk using his MITB contract to challenge Cena at the May PPV in Chicago. However given the storyline, Edge almost has to win and would need to take out Cena in the process. Edge vs Punk will probably happen in Chicago, but doesn't have the same draw to it.

If Hardy is leaving the company, I'd like for him to have Matt beat, and instead of asking Matt if he quits - Jeff would quit and then be off television until his contract ran out.

This is a pretty interesting card, save Kane vs Punk. Kane is so played out, I'll NEVER understand why they didn't put the mask back on him.

Swagger and Christian can have a really good match together if given enough time. I expect both to come out looking to prove things to Vince.

I also suspect Steamboat got one last match because he wanted to get into a little better cardio shape. I'd love to see Richie Steamboat get involved in the match, though he's not even signed as a developmental.

Punk-Kane is a strange one. Is it just me, or does it feel lika bit of a novelty these days to have a non-gimmick, non-title match on a PPV?

I wonder if its on the card simply everyone knows Punk is in the vicinity with his MITB.

Could we see Edge and Christian both get title straps on the same night? (we all know the straps are nowhere close to the same level, but still)

Could we see Edge and Christian both get title straps on the same night? (we all know the straps are nowhere close to the same level, but still)

BPS would be very happy if that happened.

I bet DCH would be happy too.

I wonder if its on the card simply everyone knows Punk is in the vicinity with his MITB.

This is awesome, because there should be a PPV where Punk isn't booked to wrestle at all, and a current champion is being interviewed and you see Punk casually walk past him, and the champion gets a worried look on his face.

Pretty solid card going in so I'll check it out.

Predictions:

Randy Orton PLEASE although they'll cop out by having RKO win the title by NOT pinning HHH. By the way, how freaking awesome would it be if Batista turned on Hunter and joined the Legacy?

John Cena (It was actually Edge wanting to take off from the rumor I read) although I'll mark out if Edge uses the brick again.

Christian - although I can see this ending in a DQ just to drag it out a bit more.

Jeff Hardy - He hasn't been doing well since he lost the title. I'd like to see him win for a change.

Ricky Steamboat - I'm really hoping Jericho / Steamboat will be MOTN. Give them 20 minutes and I think this could be a classic. I say have the Dragon win to go in storybook fashion if this is going to be his last match, at least for awhile anyway.

CM Punk - Geez, they could've at least put the MITB title shot on the line.

I'll NEVER understand why they didn't put the mask back on him.

Actually, he did, but as you can see, he doesn't look right with it without his hair.

m170327131.jpg

Well, I'd hate to see Edge have another 30 day title run (kinda pointless if you ask me) so I figure Punk will beat Cena at Judgment Day, win back the very title he got screwed out of, and take it back to SD.

Edit: Although if Orton wins the title, it would be so cool for Punk to cash it in against him the following month to get revenge.

Pretty solid card going in so I'll check it out.

Predictions:

Randy Orton PLEASE although they'll cop out by having RKO win the title by NOT pinning HHH. By the way, how freaking awesome would it be if Batista turned on Hunter and joined the Legacy?

I could see Batista costing HHH the title to set up a HHH vs Batista storyline, freeing up Orton for something different. However Orton is the one that took out Batista so it would have to be explained that it wasn't for Orton, but against HHH sorta deal. Batista joining Legacy wouldn't work as he isn't a Legacy.

I'll NEVER understand why they didn't put the mask back on him.

Actually, he did, but as you can see, he doesn't look right with it without his hair.

m170327131.jpg

I think it looked fine without the hair. The issue (I think) is that Kane is praised by the writing crew for his facials when selling in the ring and emoting in interviews and to put the mask on him would be taking away a perceived strength. Also I believe I've also read in the past that Kane found it hard to breath in the mask.

I just wish he'd retire already - he offers nothing anymore.

I'm fairly certain that Punk is going to fail in his quest to win the title in his hometown. So Punk vs Orton could be a possible way to go.

Who will Edge feud with on SD! should he get the title? Undertaker is said to be feuding with Jericho through the summer, Mysterio is the IC title holder and Edge vs Mysterio isn't a top of the card level feud anyways.

Punk vs Edge is the only feud that jumps out as a possibility. Which would mean Punk would have to challenge Edge's newly won title in Chicago. If Edge is going to hold on to the title I guess Edge vs Punk would be something I'd pay to see. Like others have mentioned here and before, I don't want to see another short Edge title reign. Also I don't want to see Punk cash in his MITB contract after the Last Man Standing match because as a face and supposedly loving competition that is a rather heel thing to do.

Ideally Punk's music would hit after Edge won and Edge would look drained, angry and yet resigned. However Punk would then announce he wasn't cashing it in then, but at Judgment Day. Of course if you did this, the live crowd might sort of shit all over it.

I'm fairly certain that Punk is going to fail in his quest to win the title in his hometown. So Punk vs Orton could be a possible way to go.

Who will Edge feud with on SD! should he get the title? Undertaker is said to be feuding with Jericho through the summer, Mysterio is the IC title holder and Edge vs Mysterio isn't a top of the card level feud anyways.

Punk vs Edge is the only feud that jumps out as a possibility. Which would mean Punk would have to challenge Edge's newly won title in Chicago. If Edge is going to hold on to the title I guess Edge vs Punk would be something I'd pay to see. Like others have mentioned here and before, I don't want to see another short Edge title reign. Also I don't want to see Punk cash in his MITB contract after the Last Man Standing match because as a face and supposedly loving competition that is a rather heel thing to do.

Ideally Punk's music would hit after Edge won and Edge would look drained, angry and yet resigned. However Punk would then announce he wasn't cashing it in then, but at Judgment Day. Of course if you did this, the live crowd might sort of shit all over it.

Punk said in an interview recently this year he wasn't going to surprise the guy like last year, he was going to call them out and give them a little time. He also hinted at judgement day because of the "homefield advantage"

Cena HAS to be gone by late May to be on schedule with the movie stuff from what I've read. We'll know what'll happen after Backlash, I'd assume to avoid another 30 day title reign, we'll see Cena win their blowoff at Backlash and Punk call him out the next night on raw for Judgement Day

How does Batista fit into Legacy AT ALL? Wasn't his father a Filipino auto mechanic?

I guess they could gimmick it, but it would suck royally. Orton has said in the past that Legacy needed muscle - I always thought that was hinting at Harry Smith. There really isn't any legit legacy developmentals with any size. Maybe Batista would be an unofficial member, or friend of Legacy, but could never be an official member.

Either way, Orton punted him in the head - but then he did that to Ted Dibiase as well.

Punk said in an interview recently this year he wasn't going to surprise the guy like last year, he was going to call them out and give them a little time. He also hinted at judgement day because of the "homefield advantage"

Cena HAS to be gone by late May to be on schedule with the movie stuff from what I've read. We'll know what'll happen after Backlash, I'd assume to avoid another 30 day title reign, we'll see Cena win their blowoff at Backlash and Punk call him out the next night on raw for Judgement Day

This is what I'd hope for, however how would the wwe then explain Cena's absence? In the last man standing match he could get "taken out" and have an injury excuse to explain his absence. I don't think the Cena character would be written off as being "burnt out" or "was filming another crap movie".

Shane's third generation, and there's a ton of wrestling logic available when it comes to why he'd turn on his family and join the people that have kicked him in the head numerous times.

Someone better turn, I don't care if it's Shane of Batista, they could make either one work. Batista's a little too over to be playing the same role he played in Evolution though, especially to Randy Orton, so I'm thinking Shane's the one.

Of course, the awesomeness of Steph saying she was so turned on by Randy's kiss she just had to abandon her family would be HI-larious. I want her giving pedigree's to her children why Orton holds HHH at bay with a shotgun.

Shane's third generation, and there's a ton of wrestling logic available when it comes to why he'd turn on his family and join the people that have kicked him in the head numerous times.

Not only is Shane third generation, the fact was mentioned on-air this week. Could be foreshadowing.

This is what I'd hope for, however how would the wwe then explain Cena's absence? In the last man standing match he could get "taken out" and have an injury excuse to explain his absence. I don't think the Cena character would be written off as being "burnt out" or "was filming another crap movie".

kayfabe injury seems to be what their go-to method is as of late

How does Batista fit into Legacy AT ALL? Wasn't his father a Filipino auto mechanic?

IIRC at One Night Stand last year, Orton went up to Batista backstage and suggested getting the band back together (teasing Evolution 2.0) Batista didn't say anything and walked off.

Batista has been stale for years so I think a heel turn will freshen his character up a bit. Besides, Triple H still needs to get his win back from him.