TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The OaO Raw Thread for 4/27/09

The hilarity of the ending to Raw is that Cena was in fact there so that Miz segment was puzzling. There are a couple of conclusions that could be reached:

1. The Miz is such a jobber Cena didn't want to waste his time squashing him.

2. Cena is afraid of The Miz.

Raw thoughts:

The crowd were awesome tonight. From the start when Vickie comes out, to Orton and Legacy coming out, they were rabid. Finish was rather predictible in the main event, once it was obvious Big Show wasn't being powerbombed, it had to be a countout and Cena coming out was the best solution.

Nice to see some Carlito/Primo action though.

Fuck the end of this show. Triple H gets kicked in the head, and he's going to be out for a while. Cena gets chokeslammed off the stage, through a spotlight that EXPLODES, and he's back the next night. Stupid as hell. Sometimes, I wonder if Micheal Cole thinks before he speaks. He mentioned something last night about "Triple H got punted, who knows how long he's going to be gone? Batista was gone for 4 months, Mr. McMahon was gone for a month, then Shane...." and so on. I know Big Dave had yet another injury, but let's look at something storyline-wise here. A 60+ year old non-wrestler recovered faster from the punt than a mid 40's active wrestler. At least we get to see Dave choke on ANOTHER title shot in a couple weeks.

It wasn't like John Cena came running out, he was assisted by a ref and he could barely stand.

Come on, it's no worse than HHH.. Guy got dropped from a car on a crane and down to the ground, and was back the next night to cost Austin the title against Kurt Angle.

It was pretty stupid after the Miz segment. The smarter move would of been having him show up to the building on the titantron so we at least no he wasn't there. Then have him stagger through the curtain after the count out just to gloat, grab a mic and say 'he'll be back sooner than later to kick ass and chew gum' or something equally lame.

I agree after some of the things we've seen Cena do it wasn't a surprise to see him the next night. Ruins any awesomeness of getting chokeslammed into a fucking spotlight complete with explosion special effects, but still. He's fucking Cena, at this point his character is most closely comparable to superman.

Fuck the end of this show. Triple H gets kicked in the head, and he's going to be out for a while. Cena gets chokeslammed off the stage, through a spotlight that EXPLODES, and he's back the next night. Stupid as hell. Sometimes, I wonder if Micheal Cole thinks before he speaks. He mentioned something last night about "Triple H got punted, who knows how long he's going to be gone? Batista was gone for 4 months, Mr. McMahon was gone for a month, then Shane...." and so on. I know Big Dave had yet another injury, but let's look at something storyline-wise here. A 60+ year old non-wrestler recovered faster from the punt than a mid 40's active wrestler. At least we get to see Dave choke on ANOTHER title shot in a couple weeks.

That pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly. The spotlight thing was ridiculous in the first place, for Cena to come back in any capacity last night made it worthless. And I spotted the Shane thing as well. Notice how they trailed off after Shane because, presumably, they remembered he came back about two weeks after he was punted.

Like alot of you, I was just dumbfounded by the ending of Raw. First off, what a horribly mundane and boring match between Show and Batista (not that I expected anything less of course), neither of them against Orton has sort of potential to me (especially since we've seen Batista/Orton how many times now, and everytime we see it, it sucks) and then they take the "can it get any worse" farther by having Cena show up at the end. Of course that's ridiculous in itself since he was stretchered out at the ppv, as was HHH, and we didn't get any HHH here on this show (and from how they are playing off it, it sounds like it should be awhile before he shows up again). To me, even if Cena hobbled a bit out there, its still stupid as hell because if you are stretchering a guy out, by no way, shape, or form should he be coming back out the next night, ESPECIALLY if another worker does the same stretcher job on the same show the night before.

Then the whole Miz calling Cena out thing made it even more illogical to do. Made me think this show was booked on the fly a bit and little to no detail was paid attention to in terms of logic.

Fortunately, I enjoyed the rest of the show for the most part. Some of the promos by the new Raw guys (MVP, Miz, Hardy, etc) were solid and hopefully they keep giving them mic time to shine. MVP also looked really good in there against Orton, and the Shane run-in got some great heat there. Once again, I could have done without the Santina shit, but this was a little more bearable than the ppv nonsense, since it was just on Raw.