TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

UFC 2009

I opened my copy tonight. It's pretty good for what it is, and a solid first effort. I kinda like it, definitely don't love it so far. Pretty sure it's going back to EB before the week's done.

Why is that?

Full $69 +tax store credit if it's traded back within a week. Not for every game. It just happened to be for this one. If I don't love the thing, I'd might as well get near $80 for something else.

Ok, fuck this noise. I just spent at least half an hour poking around creating my character, I saved, then was told to play with my attributes. I didn't see that in the menu right away (it is actually there), so I pressed B to go back. And now my fighter's gone. gssmiley-indifferent.gif

You know, not that it looked like me, without any real definition to the beard, or length on the hair, or the colours actually showing up like the colours. But cripes.

How far are you guys in your careers? I ask because my friend I played against was like 24-8 earlier. I just went to 10-0 with a 28 second KO at UFC 117 (December 2010) over Dan Henderson to become UFC Middleweight Champion. Still, I'm only rated 40 overall.

I'm trying to get through this ASAP so I can have a skilled fighter for the multiple leagues I'm in. I'll be doing the EHME career after this one. Any weight class but middleweight.

EDIT: I forgot- I earned my first Fight of the Night award for that 28 second KO, LOL.

I played the demo. Had a lot of fun with it too. Not a big UFC fan but it was addicting to play. Might pick up the real game when it gets cheaper.

I found my character after all. I figured I'd still have to go to New Career, since I hadn't actually gone beyond the character creation, but after saving, I had to Load Career.

I am having fun with it now. Got myself a Judo/Muay Thai heavyweight. I think I'm 7-1-0 now. Got Cro Cop'd pretty nicely. By Cro Cop, appropriately enough. My first actual card win was KO of the night via Muay Thai whip, knee to the head.

For the sponsor logos on your trunks, I just loaded up 10 for THQ, since they give you 35 cred over 20 for everyone else. I don't know if it makes any difference with the size of the logo. And you'd think the more variety of sponsors you have, the more that'd help. But I guess not. Has anyone noticed any hidden depth to that whole process?

My created character is 6-0 so far. My ground game sucks but I am a Kick Boxer so I am able to keep everybody away at a distance so far. The game really feels lacking but it seems like a great first effort so I give it a B.

You get higher valued sponsors over time, but you only get the points for each logo once. The extra 9 THQ logos? Pointless.

Pretty sure I got 350 sponsor cred for my last fight. 35 x 10 logos. Probably not how it should be, but I think that's how it's working.

I haven't touched the career mode yet. I've done a few exhibitions and classics fights for practice but that's it.

Online however, is truly something to behold. In half of my fights, people picked the champion of the weight class and didn't do anything but button mashing while standing up, rarely going to the ground. I had two cases where the other player disconnected as things started going bad for him. People at the top of the leaderboards have a record of like 54-1 but 40 DNF. How pathetic must someone be to care that much about a freaking virtual W/L record? When playing with the right kind of player, that game is great. Too many pricks online though.

I got Cro Cop'd again. Then beat by Mark Coleman in my last fight. I seem to be getting my ass kicked against the experienced fighters. I hope after my next Muay Thai camp, if I get enough points to level up, I'll get some kind of flying knee special.

Thoughts after buying the game:

1. As BJ Penn, I cannot for the life of me beat Sean Sherk. Can't do it.

2. I went the Frank Shamrock route in Career mode and retired after beating Rampage for the Light Heavyweight belt. I was set to face Rashad Evens next. I don't care how that fight would have gone.

3. Classic fights mode is quite fun, but with little payoff. Yay, I unlocked a 30 sec clipfest of the fight. Coulda gone to YouTube for that.

4. The random knockouts thing is quite entertaining either way it goes. I don't really care about the W-L record, so I felt like I realistically played that career as a legit fighter. Knock Out or Knocked Out.

Overall, fantastic fun. I'd say 8/10

I did a little more career today. I seem to either hand a decisive beating, or take one. Not really much in between in the way of a competitive fight. I can finally throw a head kick now, after levelling up my Muay Thai. The Judo sessions are brutal, though. I think I've completed 5 tasks in 2 tries.

I'm 5-0 in career mode and I'm good to fight my first "name" opponent. Having my ass kicked is inevitable as my fighter is overall mid-forties and the other is 75+.

I don't know about you guys but I can count the number of fights that went all 3 rounds on my hand. I only had one true 15-minutes fight online and the others were intentionally kept that long for respecting the criterias in classic mode.

I FINALLY made a fight go to decision. Every other fight has ended in a KO, maybe three by submission.

I just retired my kickboxer/BJJ Middleweight, cos I lost three fights in a row after being 6-0, twice by Tanner, once by Amir Sadollah. I then BEAT Amir, then lost to him again. Yay.

I'm 5-0 in career mode and I'm good to fight my first "name" opponent. Having my ass kicked is inevitable as my fighter is overall mid-forties and the other is 75+.

I don't know about you guys but I can count the number of fights that went all 3 rounds on my hand. I only had one true 15-minutes fight online and the others were intentionally kept that long for respecting the criterias in classic mode.

Yeah, I've had one measly fight go the distance and that was in career mode. I just kept taking the guy down but never getting a submission, and he rocked me a few times but not enough to stop the fight. Every other time I've fought its an endless stream of KOs.

There's no way to get above Level 3 on techniques, is there? I leveled up to 150/150 on Level 3 Kickboxing and it won't let me take any more kickboxing camps. I'm at 100/150 on Level 3 jiu-jitsu; need to get that up. I'm an 87 overall 2 months into my final year. 33-0.

I actually had a few decisions with my first CAF, but that might have been because I didn't spam head kicks and was on a harder difficulty.

Just a quick look at the top 100 shows people who have like records like 200+ DNF.

I had a few cases where I had the opponent on his back and GnP the hell out of him and *poof*, disconnetion. Fortunately, it's more the exception than the rule. Most of the players I went against had 50/50 or losing records, I know I won't get a DNF. I wouldn't quit a fight except for maybe unbearable lag.

Small story : I'm in career mode and was 11-2 with the two losses to Stephen Bonnar and James Irvin. Anyway I'm on a winning streak and have a rematch with Bonnar and I KO him the same way he KOed me. My next fight is a rematch against Irvin in my first-ever non-Fight Night card, so I'd finally complete my quest for revenge~!

Fight begins, Irvin touches gloves for respect so I throw a missed kick. I'm about to jab him when he punches the SHIT out of me and I go down in 13 seconds to his only punch.

This is my new favorite game of all-time.

Matt, did you buy a PS3 yet? Infamous is a pretty good game. It's a hair below great.

No... as I said before, the TV I had wouldn't allow me to use a PS3. But that one died last weekend, so now I have an LCD TV with HDMI. Now I just need the money for the system.

Matt, did you buy a PS3 yet? Infamous is a pretty good game. It's a hair below great.

No... as I said before, the TV I had wouldn't allow me to use a PS3. But that one died last weekend, so now I have an LCD TV with HDMI. Now I just need the money for the system.

are you going to wait for the rumored price drop?

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/blog-post/patch-update

What’s up guys, Neven here with an update on the patch for UFC 2009: Undisputed.

I want to thank all of you for the support in making UFC 2009: Undisputed such an amazing success. That being said I want to you to know we’ve been working hard on fixing some of the issues found in the online experience. Hit the jump for the list of fixes.

1. We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.

2. We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.

3. We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.

4. We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.

5. We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.

6. We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.

7. We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.

8. We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.

9. For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.

Rest assured our entire team plays A LOT of online matches and we read the boards every day, so we are well aware of the issues. We want to make sure we patch this correctly so it is taking a bit of time, but I can confidently say we’ll be releasing this patch soon.

Stay tuned and thanks again for your support.

Sincerely,

Neven Dravinski, UFC Producer