TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

WWE SmackDown!: The OaO thread for May 1!

Loved the crowd pop for Punk. I was hoping the move to Smackdown was his opportunity to move up the ladder and after his mic time with Edge and Jericho it seems like it might be just that. Overall a great mix of talent with the new crew.

Really solid show, the end had to be a little confusing for the live crowd though.

One of those shows where everything had something redeeming, even that dumb dance segment had Layla in daisy dukes. Shelton/Morrison was short but good, I'd like to see them trade wins leading to a PPV match. The four way was just an awesome match, it's because of matches like that people watch. Just simple, effective, fun wrestling with some good name guys.

Punk/Umaga could be good, if they let them do most of the feud in the ring both guys would benefit. They're two workers who do a good job of making their opponent look credible and that always makes for good TV.

Definitely looking promising for Smackdown, has that 02-03 vibe to it almost, mostly the younger guys getting themselves over with a little help from some vets, and with a better emphasis on wrestling.

I don't know if the crowd were asleep earlier in the show, after Punk beat Edge (clean, which has been lost in all of this) they didn't pop until they announced the MITB, even when he picked it up and motioned.

Either way, i'm glad I read the spoilers on this occasion because, as a huge Punk mark, i'd have been tearing my hair out at Umaga.

Man, that guy must be a great heel.

Very solid show from top to bottom Jericho came across like the hated heel that he has been for the past year with everyone in the building pissing him off at one point or another. JoMo: I thought I was looking at a loser but I guess I'm looking at a quitter. Those two could have some really fun matches together

The main event seemed weirdly hyped tho with JR saying many times how Punk would cash in the money in the bank win or lose. Good thing he won wouldn't have made much sense him getting speared out of his shoes then invoking money in the bank.

The Umanga thing came out of no where for me but I have faith they can work a good program together and I'm glad they didn't have Punk cash it in right there only to lose it after Umanga took him out

I wonder why they changed the #1 contender's match from the 5 man scramble with Khali and J-Mo?

Morrison is being turned face, and they didn't want him losing the scramble. Vince also no longer sees Khali as a main event player, but rather as a novelty act.

Morrison has his best shot to get over as a face, because Jericho will be willing to show ass and help him get over. Jericho will also be able to hold Morrison's hand and walk him through promo's.