TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Vince wants a Wednesday Night show

If Superstars worked, why not? His fanbase is loyal enough to make it work, I think another wrestling show may end up being overkill for anyone following the product entirely, but people picking and choosing a night to follow aren't gonna be put off by another choice.

I bet TV stations like it too because they don't have to do anything cept pay Vince for his tapes rather than comming up with new ideas for tv shows and paying for actors, writer, ect.

I don't know if there is any substance to anything significant being negotiated with any network right now or if it's just Vince and the company wanting to do something or coming up with an idea to sell to potential networks, but it's not a bad idea really, perhaps something for the WWE to aim for by the fall. One thing though, I feel it cannot be, is just another version of WWE Superstars. That is what makes that particular show unique (or maybe not so unique depending on how you look at it) in that you have an ECW, Raw, and SD match on there each week.

So for this idea to even take off, they are going to have to throw something very unique and niche market a bit, They would also have the night to themselves in terms of competition with maybe the exception being The UFC sometimes on Wednesday nights. But as long as the idea presented was unique, they could probably sustain it to reach at least a 1.0 or so on any given weeknight evening, and they could tie in any potential matches for this show in either/or/both the Raw and Smackdown weekly tapings just fine, question would be where it would go TO. I suppose My Network TV (if they even make it to fall) may be a possibility, but one would imagine WGN America is thrilled of the success of SuperStars, so they may want another show just as much as WWE wants to make one. Also, I wouldn't count out the possibility that USA Network wants to have another hour of WWE stuff this week BECAUSE of the success of the SuperStars concept. Plus, USA is within a sizable suborganization of other channels, which means they could throw another hour on Sci-Fi (perhaps to tie-in to the re-launch of the channel?) or else even go to Bravo or something crazy like that, particularly if they did something with the women exclusively.

For what it's worth, I think a Diva "reality" show on a Wednesday night would be alright, but it would depend how it would be presented. There has been talk of them doing for a good while now, so I wouldn't be surprised for them to go through with it finally. And it could work as long as it had a different edge to it, kind of like the original Tough Enough concept of busting your ass more than normal to get a spot. I don't think the structure that they have applied with the Diva Search would fly in a concept like this. The challenges would have to be more, well, challenging, to start. Sadly, I would expect that WWE would likely follow more of a format of it being more like a Top Model type show, and be trying even to cater more towards the women viewers if they went down this road.

I also think a Wednesday show wouldn't be bad either as just a strictly Divas show in general (and would prefer that over a Divas reality show or something), having just 2-3 women's matches from both Raw and Smackdown, and maybe occasionally from ECW (including your Divas and Women's title matches on here every so often) just put on this show....and then take them off Raw and Smackdown's weekly show. They have enough women on their roster to easily fill an hour each week of matches, ultimately only 15-20 minutes of in-ring action a week and the rest of the TV time for the allotted hour could be vignettes, backstage segments, and promos with all of the ladies. If it was a success, they may even want to just outright create a new "Divas" brand of the company in which all of the women essentially were not exclusive to one of the other three brands anymore, and they merged the Divas and Women titles together to just have a Divas champ and nothing more than maybe even starting a Divas tag team title or something. Hell, they got something like 25-30 women under WWE contract, why not just go ahead and do it already?

An other idea I've heard being floated around on the net on other boards is to switch ECW to Wednesdays and bring back Tuesday Night Titans. That may be a far better idea than creating anything exclusive for the women, as it would be more of a recap show in some ways as well, as the host could recap the past week in the three brands and then preview the next three brand shows, almost in a news format type of thing. The only thing I would worry with a show like this is how the WWE writers would do in actually making it entertaining and not just hard to sit through, but time would tell on that one. Obviously, there wouldn't be any matches on the show as well, which is a good or bad thing depending on you look at it.

What's the rating for "Superstars"?

IIRC, the first week did a .9 and I think they are hovering around .8 for the last two weeks.

EDIT - Actually in looking into this, they did weeks of .9, .88, and then .9 again this past Thursday.

There's such a thing as too much wrestling from one promotion though, and yet another WWE show would be a bit much. WCW fell into this same sort of trap in terms of having way too many hours of TV, and at its peak WCW had a much bigger roster than WWE today.

Will this mean WWE can be on television EVERYDAY?

Monday: RAW

Tuesday: ECW

Wednesday: Proposed By Vince

Thursday: Superstars

Friday: Smackdown

Saturday: AM RAW (If your area has it) And the occasional SNME

Sunday: Monthly Pay Per View and WWE Experience (If your area has it)

And I believe Bottom Line and After Burn are still syndicated in some countries or areas. And then there is WWE MSG Classics, Vintage Collection and This Week in WWE for Europe...

Why not bring WCW back for Wednesday Night Nitro!

Well, because it'd be a stupid idea, obviously. But it'd be an entertaining disaster.

If they wanted to do something slightly different, they could have a show featuring developmental workers who are all fighting to get a shot on one of the main shows. Call it WWE Academy, or something.

If they wanted to do something slightly different, they could have a show featuring developmental workers who are all fighting to get a shot on one of the main shows. Call it WWE Academy, or something.

They already have that. Its called FCW.

Will this mean WWE can be on television EVERYDAY?

Monday: RAW

Tuesday: ECW

Wednesday: Proposed By Vince

Thursday: Superstars

Friday: Smackdown

Saturday: AM RAW (If your area has it) And the occasional SNME

Sunday: Monthly Pay Per View and WWE Experience (If your area has it)

And I believe Bottom Line and After Burn are still syndicated in some countries or areas. And then there is WWE MSG Classics, Vintage Collection and This Week in WWE for Europe...

Raw and ECW replay on Universal HD on Saturday nights.

In terms of a reality show, how about each week they follow a different wrestler as they travel from town to town, make personal appearances, train, talk about their lives, etc. Sort of a behind the scenes/mini-biography of that wrestler. Kind of like that episode of True Life with Triple H and Chyna from about 10 years ago. (Wow, has it really been that long?) It would be WWE produced so they could control how each guy is portrayed and what footage to air. Because they would eventually run out of wrestlers, they would have to break this show up into seasons and show repeats instead of having a first run episode every week.

In terms of a reality show, how about each week they follow a different wrestler as they travel from town to town, make personal appearances, train, talk about their lives, etc. Sort of a behind the scenes/mini-biography of that wrestler. Kind of like that episode of True Life with Triple H and Chyna from about 10 years ago. (Wow, has it really been that long?) It would be WWE produced so they could control how each guy is portrayed and what footage to air. Because they would eventually run out of wrestlers, they would have to break this show up into seasons and show repeats instead of having a first run episode every week.

Didn't Vince blame the downfall of ratings due to wrestlers breaking kayfabe outside the ring?