TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The OaO Monday Night Raw thread for 5/4/09!

as much as people love to hate Vickie, she's gotten SO FUCKING GOOD at the heel GM

Don't be surprised, it's Mr. McMahon all over again. They struck gold with the evil boss character because everybody has a boss they'd love to beat up and cheered when Austin got to do it. With Vickie most folks see their bitchy wife or nagging mother. The payoff won't be a physical assault, but rather humiliation or the good guy succeeding in spite of her best efforts and her seething as a result.

So.... Matt is Bob Orton JR. now?

I'm surprised that gimmick hasn't be recycled long before now. I guess D'Lo had his chest protector...

Matt Hardy needs to ditch that stupid fucking jacket.. it makes him look like a Pirate

While I'm not terribly keen, his look needed freshening up. He could still use a haircut other than the Hardy/RVD fade aka the new Mullet. I think ke looks sorta like Raven with the jacket.

Lance Storm was so right about Santino needing to manage a stable of heels with no personality or something

The guy makes me laugh, but he can't work worth a damn

So.... Matt is Bob Orton JR. now?

I'm surprised that gimmick hasn't be recycled long before now. I guess D'Lo had his chest protector...

Matt Hardy needs to ditch that stupid fucking jacket.. it makes him look like a Pirate

While I'm not terribly keen, his look needed freshening up. He could still use a haircut other than the Hardy/RVD fade aka the new Mullet. I think ke looks sorta like Raven with the jacket.

I agree 100%. I hate his look. That haircut and stupid little strip of beard are very tired. It's been well over 10 years with that look, it's about time to cut it off. If not for wrestling, at least so you don't look like a tool.

Lance Storm was so right about Santino needing to manage a stable of heels with no personality or something

The guy makes me laugh, but he can't work worth a damn

I'd let him wrestle himself and treat him as more of a legit threat. However that ship has likely sailed after being treated as a joke basically since his debut. At one point Santino was going to get a faction around him, with Rosa Mendez and OVW's Al Barone as two rumored members.

How could he be taken seriously as a manager when he's a joke in the ring though? What could he possibly offer a wrestler that said wrestler would want Santino to manage him. I guess I always looked as a manager as more of a coach rather than an agent/hype guy.

Armando Alejandro Estrada was a solid enough manager/mouthpiece and look where that got him.

So, Rhodes via Regal-ference to set up Regal vs. MVP feud? That'd work.

I co-sign. MVP vs Regal over the US title could be a really solid feud. I still am not feeling MVP as a face though, but workrate wise it would have a lot of potential.

How could he be taken seriously as a manager when he's a joke in the ring though? What could he possibly offer a wrestler that said wrestler would want Santino to manage him. I guess I always looked as a manager as more of a coach rather than an agent/hype guy.

You don't have to be a good worker to be a good manager and give off the appearance of having 'ring knowledge'. Some of the BEST ever were either horrible workers or not workers at all... Jimmy Hart, Jim Cornette, and Bobby Heenan couldn't work their way out of a paper bag because they weren't wrestlers, but they sure could get someone over who couldn't work the mic well or might not have the best personality. Santino has a sound enough understanding of how to work a crowd that he could be used to make others into legitimate heels and seem like a real manager in the process, because he's never going to be anything other than the weekly 5 minute comic relief as a worker IMO.

You don't have to be a good worker to be a good manager and give off the appearance of having 'ring knowledge'. Some of the BEST ever were either horrible workers or not workers at all... Jimmy Hart, Jim Cornette, and Bobby Heenan couldn't work their way out of a paper bag because they weren't wrestlers, but they sure could get someone over who couldn't work the mic well or might not have the best personality. Santino has a sound enough understanding of how to work a crowd that he could be used to make others into legitimate heels and seem like a real manager in the process, because he's never going to be anything other than the weekly 5 minute comic relief as a worker IMO.

I know what you're trying to say, but for a point of history, Bobby Heenan could bump like a mad-man back in the day and regularly worked tag matches with Bockwinkel, Stevens, and some of his other wrestlers. The reason he was so effective was because when the faces finally got their revenge against Bobby, he could make it look like he was taking the mother of all beatings.

But yeah - the best heel managers are the chickens that can run their mouths and then stand behind their clients while they do the dirty work.

I must say... Miz gets extra points for his line about what The Rock does with Cena's scripts.

I am surprised they even had a heel run-down Cena's movies. I thought company policy was that all of their films made mega-millions and were cinematic masterpieces, thus no criticism could ever be given.

So Miz is all piss and vinegar calling out Cena and then he vanished into thin air when he gets to the ring?

Cena fans = kids and their cougar mothers.

It's called being a chicken-shit heel.

It would have been better, though, if Big Show left the ring and Miz got a "pin" on the downed Cena.

So Miz is all piss and vinegar calling out Cena and then he vanished into thin air when he gets to the ring?

Uhh, yeah... that's kind of the idea. :huh: