TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

Friday Night Smackdown for May 8, 2009

After crossing paths in last week's Fatal Four Way Elimination Match, No. 1 contender Jeff Hardy battles Chris Jericho one-on-one this Friday on SmackDown. Can the boastful draftee snuff out The Charismatic Enigma's momentum? Also on SmackDown, the fiery Gail Kim goes up against the veteran, Michelle McCool. In their last encounter, Kim pinned the former Divas Champion. Can McCool even the score?

So for anyone not spoiled by the spoilers or anyone who just wants to comment join the discussion

Why is Gail Kim fighting McCool instead of going after the Champ?

Will Edge inturput a good Hardy-Jericho match?

Will the Dolph Ziggler push continue or will he return to jobber status?

I'll start posting at 8 pacific when it starts then hopfully we will get more than 5 comments

Smackdown felt like Raw

promo to open the show

main event at the 9pm hour and to close the show

weird

Overall, tonight's show was good. Random musings:

How many poodles had to die to make Morrison's coat?

I like the World's Greatest Tag Team, but I hope they don't stick together. Every couple of years, they get put back together. Charlie Haas's career gets a boost, and Shelton moves down a notch.

I do not like the Punk/Umaga feud. Both guys need a decent winning streak, and whoever loses at the PPV will be hurt by it. Punk especially should not be jobbing in his hometown, but he probably will.

No Kane?

Thank God, they're finally doing Jericho/Mysterio after 7 years. But the Intercontinetal Championship should not be involved. Shelton should win it, but he won't, given the Haas and Morrison deals. The only other heel I could see winning it would be Dolph Ziggler, but I don't expect that to happen.

How crazy is it that the top 4 faces on Smackdown (with Undertaker out for a while)- Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, and John Morrison- are all cruiserweights?

Truth is built a lot bigger than Kwik was too.

He looks good in the ring, I just can't see Vince pushing the man.

2.jpg vs. 054k_kwik.jpg

Yep totally different people

I don't know if you're being sarcastic because they look very similar in those photos, but I noticed it on SmackDown! last week how much bigger he's gotten over the last few years.