TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beto Chavez

Judgment Day 2009 Thread

l_206dbbc5b090b675e21199b21a69bd43.jpg

WWE Championship

Randy Orton Vs. Batista

Seeing how Batista defeated Orton at Armageddon last year, look for Orton to retain the title.

l_f765540ee2ef6b017248ef1520500e58.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship

Jeff Hardy Vs. Edge

Just like at the Royal Rumble, Matt Hardy is going his brother the title. Look for the Hardyz to hopefully finally end their feud at Extreme Rules or whatever PPV that comes after that, I'm guessing in a Steel Cage Match or something.

l_d3fd9770b69f7777040ad2d58bcf90dd.jpg

ECW Championship

Jack Swagger Vs. Christian

Christian will keep the ECW title in their rematch.

l_4162606134bf44c934ae9fcd09099b73.jpg

Intercontinental Championship

Rey Mysterio Vs. Chris Jericho

I'm pretty excited about this match as these two haven't feuded since the WCW days (and it was a classic feud) when they were both still in the Cruiserweight division, now that they both former world champions, my expectations have gone up. I'm expecting this to be the match of the night. I expect this feud to go for awhile so I think this will end in a disqualification win for Rey Mysterio.

l_f9601a358147285ffdf30e4090602393.jpg

John Cena Vs. The Big Show

I don't care much about this one as I've seen these guys go at it so many times over the years. I figure Cena will beat The Big Show by making him tap out to the STFU.

l_d41a5586986a600f61f6a7d96389da6d.jpg

CM Punk Vs. Umaga

The PPV is in Punk's hometown of Chicago so I expect him to win and hopefully cash in his Money In The Bank title shot against Edge following his title defense.

l_0273e3a2a8512538b1363e717546c407.jpg

Shelton Benjamin Vs. John Morrison

I'm still not used to Morrison as a face, but these will definitely be a good match. I think The Gold Standard will cheat to win this bout.

Punk coming out last in the night to win the title would be an awesome visual.

I suppose we'll know half way through the show if it's happening or not because of the match placing. If Batista and Orton go at it before Edge and Hardy, then it probably happen.

My picks:

Orton - as you said Batista went over him at Armageddon.

Edge - Hardy has pointed out Edge wins a title at a PPV then loses it at the next, so I assume Edge goes over then loses the title to Punk later in the night.

Christian - Christian has been very good as the cocky face.

Big Show - Cena is supposed to take time off soon to film a movie, so I look for Show's push to continue.

Jericho - Jericho will go over using a chair that the ref doesn't see this time and the feud will continue for a bit.

Punk - Hometown PPV, so he will have a big night.

Morrison - IMO his face push has to continue with a win.

I tip:

Orton - I know Vince loves his 'back and forth' title changes with his heels, but I ain't feelin' this.

Edge - No chance on Hardy, Punk may be involved, depends if they want to develop this Umaga feud anymore.

Swagger - He's the star in Vince's eyes, I'm sure.

Show - Cena's armour won't even take a scratch with this loss, plus he needs some monster heels to chase.

Jericho - He's cheating, this one will likely have legs, so it makes sense for the heel to go over here.

Umaga - May not be clean, but I've got a feeling with this - Vince *does* like to humiliate people in their home town for cheap heat.

Morrison - Easy pick here.

So *yeah*, basically JayCon's with one or two differences.

On paper, this show looks outrageously awesome, I hope the product lives up to the hype.

UYI

don't fall for the Punk's hometown rumor. WWE loves to kill guys in their own town. Umaga will probably squash Punk like a bug but he'll still be over. Cena even jobbed in Boston to Edge a coule of years ago.

I would love to see Punk win the World title in his hometown. The place went nuts when he beat Regal a couple months ago, so it would be a nice treat for the hometown crowd. I still have this feeling though that after all the attempted cash-ins of his briefcase, when he finally is able to get the opening bell rung, he will lose. Doesn't WWE have a reputation for humiliating people in front of their hometowns?

WWE House shows are advertising Randy Orton as Champ vs Batista for June and July dates, so RKO is definitely getting the W

and I don't see CM Punk cashing in, he said in an interview with WWE Magazine that this year he "was going to call the guy out and give them time to prepare instead of surprising them so there's no excuses like last year"

Could Punk lose twice in one night? I could see him getting decimated by Umaga and then still cashing in MITB to try and beat Edge in front of his home town only to come up short. I could also see him beat Umaga with a roll-up or something, and then Umaga costs Punk the MITB match. I like the former idea, with Edge beating Hardy, maybe quickly with a fluke pin and then goads Punk into cashing in his shot with Edge being relatively unscathed and Punk all beat up from the umaga encounter.

I'd like to see Big Show go over 100% clean. Cena will lose nothing from the job, but Big Show would get a huge rub form the win.

Orton is retaining. Will it be clean, or will Legacy get involved is the only question.

Swagger probably needs the win, even if it's just to keep their feud going. It's not like Swagger has any other ready made feuds waiting for him should Christian beat him again. I wonder if the bookers will try and get The Hart Triology on the PPV some how to show the non-ECW viewing wwe universe that they exist. Harts helping Swagger could set-up a Swagger/Smith/Kidd vs Christian/Finlay/Bourne match/program.

Morrison will likely go over, to build on his face push. I'd like to see Haas cornering Benjamin though. Having a cornerman would be something different.

Jericho/Mysterio could go either way. Jericho could win the title to further their feud, or Jericho could lose and become infatuated with Mysterio and winning the title from him to further the feud. Depends on how long the program will last, a simple Jericho win and refusing a rematch unless Mysterio puts his mask on the line could be a possibility. If the two are given an extended feud a la Jericho and HBK who knows what will happen.

Count me in the apparent minority that thinks Punk cashing in the MITB briefcase tonight wouldn't be wise.

Why waste a title change like that when you know it won't guarantee any further buys? If they are going to do Edge vs. Punk or any other match, they should promote the hell out of it... not just throw it out there.

With that in mind, I see Umaga winning this one but the feud continuing... possibly to the point where Punk has to put up the MITB as collateral for a rematch.

^^^ If that's the case someone better get Umaga a mouthpiece to negotiate this stipulation match. I feel like this match with Punk's only purpose was to re-introduce Umaga in a bigger way than just having him squash local jobbers on SmackDown.

Also, if anyone finds a good stream, please post it.

edit- Or, if that isn't kosher anymore with WWE apparently cracking down on them you can PM it to me.

I'd like to see somebody take out Jeff Hardy backstage earlier in the night, and when it comes time for their match, Jeff doesn't come out, they play his music a few times. Then the third time, the music changes to CM Punks music and we get the one on one match that would fit Punk as a face well.

Have to make it very clear that it wasn't Punk who attacked Jeff, though.

I'd like to see somebody take out Jeff Hardy backstage earlier in the night, and when it comes time for their match, Jeff doesn't come out, they play his music a few times. Then the third time, the music changes to CM Punks music and we get the one on one match that would fit Punk as a face well.

Have to make it very clear that it wasn't Punk who attacked Jeff, though.

This sounds cool. I was reading something earlier that showed an early advertisement for Extreme Rules with Hardy defending the WWE championship... really hope that isn't a true spoiler.

Can someone please post the results so far. I am watching Celtics/Magic.

Umaga over Punk clean for some reason.

Christian over Swagger, pulling on the tights while he rolled him up so Swagger will continue to complain of cheating.

Morrison over Benjamin clean, Haas was in Benjamin's corner.

Miz came out and had a pretty long promo on the mic where he called out Cena, then ripped on Alfonso Soriano ringside. Good stuff. Santino came out and interrupted him, they traded insults then brawled, Miz got the better of it. Chavo, who had been ripped by Edge earlier for not defending Vickie against Santino, came out and frog splashed on the unconscious Santino. Santino's face turn is definitely complete.

Jericho vs. Rey just started.

So far this has been a very good pay per view. Undercard has been strong and its in Chicago so its a great crowd that's responding well to good stuff. I wasn't even going to order this until Smackdown got me sold on their side of the matches on the show on Friday.

Umaga/Punk was an excellent opener and probably even better than I expected. Swagger/Christian wasn't at the level of some of their other bouts, but it still told a story well. Morrison/Benjamin was a really solid match as well, and the Miz segment even delivered for "segments that aren't matches but are on ppv anyway" standards. So far Jericho/Rey is also pretty solid here.

Sadly, I still think Batista/Orton is going to be horrible, and Show/Cena also dulls down this show on paper, but I might get surprised if they try to one-up this really strong undercard workrate so far on the show. Otherwise, this show may be reminiscent of a late 90s WCW ppv.........great undercard and lackluster marquee matches. Hardy/Edge should be good though.

Jericho vs. Rey delivered, I'm just hoping the show closes out on Edge vs. Hardy so we can hopefully end on a high note. The current vignette is Orton-Batista, so hopefully that's next (it's going to suck, but let's get it out of the way).

Flair most definately has to be coming back to the company now and will probably be working a match by the end of the summer at this rate, if not by Night of Champions perhaps, against Orton. You could tell he was "feeling it" by the response he got and it seems like they will be doing an Evolution Redux against Legacy, with Flair and HHH returning to the ring both within months here. I think they should still turn Batista at some point too, and Flair and HHH can both play effectively against him as a heel.

Other than the awesome unexpected Flair run-in, that title match was pretty awful seeing Orton go that chickenshit heel to the point of getting DQed versus actually being a sneaky and smart heel by picking the right spot and finally getting the win out of the rest of the match playing coward otherwise. There's a fine line there in effective heels (ironically, just ask Flair) and when you put Orton in that role of being too chickenshit that he has to slap a ref to get DQed, that's just stupid if you ask me. But all the same, hilarious that Batista keeps up that streak of being just schmozed out of a title win on ppv, and that same stupid look everytime after the bell finishes the match. I suppose a rematch will happen with some gimmick attached at the next ppv.

All the same, this was a pretty cool Flair moment there, signifying that rumored return "itch" is for real.

Rey/Jericho definately did end up being a hell of a match, an unexpected run-in like that with Flair keeps the solid to really good streak of stuff on this pay per view, but so far this Cena/Show match is just tedious as hell and boring.

Flair most definately has to be coming back to the company now and will probably be working a match by the end of the summer at this rate, if not by Night of Champions perhaps, against Orton. You could tell he was "feeling it" by the response he got and it seems like they will be doing an Evolution Redux against Legacy, with Flair and HHH returning to the ring both within months here. I think they should still turn Batista at some point too, and Flair and HHH can both play effectively against him as a heel.

Other than the awesome unexpected Flair run-in, that title match was pretty awful seeing Orton go that chickenshit heel to the point of getting DQed versus actually being a sneaky and smart heel by picking the right spot and finally getting the win out of the rest of the match playing coward otherwise. There's a fine line there in effective heels (ironically, just ask Flair) and when you put Orton in that role of being too chickenshit that he has to slap a ref to get DQed, that's just stupid if you ask me. But all the same, hilarious that Batista keeps up that streak of being just schmozed out of a title win on ppv, and that same stupid look everytime after the bell finishes the match. I suppose a rematch will happen with some gimmick attached at the next ppv.

All the same, this was a pretty cool Flair moment there, signifying that rumored return "itch" is for real.

Rey/Jericho definately did end up being a hell of a match, an unexpected run-in like that with Flair keeps the solid to really good streak of stuff on this pay per view, but so far this Cena/Show match is just tedious as hell and boring.

Yeah, redundant is another word that fits.