TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beto Chavez

Judgment Day 2009 Thread

That was pretty much the lame ass shit I expected from Show/Cena. So slow and predictable formula to it. It felt like it moved at a snail's pace in spots. Not much better than they were in their program back in 04.

So far, that is really the only under average stuff on this show. Everything else easily was better than that waste of time. Even the Miz segment was better if you ask me.

Michael Cole's oversell of Cena in the aftermath made me a little annoyed too.

I'm expecting big things out of Hardy/Edge for some reason, and the ending of this show in general.

it served its job as crowd killer in between the two title bouts.

also wow, 2 pages and it's already main event. hell goin on here. ;)

Flair most definately has to be coming back to the company now and will probably be working a match by the end of the summer at this rate, if not by Night of Champions perhaps, against Orton. You could tell he was "feeling it" by the response he got and it seems like they will be doing an Evolution Redux against Legacy, with Flair and HHH returning to the ring both within months here. I think they should still turn Batista at some point too, and Flair and HHH can both play effectively against him as a heel.

Other than the awesome unexpected Flair run-in, that title match was pretty awful seeing Orton go that chickenshit heel to the point of getting DQed versus actually being a sneaky and smart heel by picking the right spot and finally getting the win out of the rest of the match playing coward otherwise. There's a fine line there in effective heels (ironically, just ask Flair) and when you put Orton in that role of being too chickenshit that he has to slap a ref to get DQed, that's just stupid if you ask me. But all the same, hilarious that Batista keeps up that streak of being just schmozed out of a title win on ppv, and that same stupid look everytime after the bell finishes the match. I suppose a rematch will happen with some gimmick attached at the next ppv.

All the same, this was a pretty cool Flair moment there, signifying that rumored return "itch" is for real.

Rey/Jericho definately did end up being a hell of a match, an unexpected run-in like that with Flair keeps the solid to really good streak of stuff on this pay per view, but so far this Cena/Show match is just tedious as hell and boring.

How about HHH, Batista, Ric Flair...and HBK in the new Evolution!?!?

That was a really strong match to close the show as the main event, thankfully they didn't end the show with Cena/Show or even Batista/Orton, as this was main event level in execution in the ring, whereas Batista/Orton didn't have that, but had the Flair deal goin for it.

Overall, other than Cena/Show, this was one hell of a show actually. That finish was wild in Edge/Hardy and some fun bigspots in the match with the dives off and over the guardrailings, and good to see they are probably doing another big gimmicked Matt/Jeff match at Extreme Rules, had a feeling that was inevitable given the "extreme" moniker of the ppv. That pay per view seems to be the proper place to do one final match between the brothers.

Loved Mysterio/Jericho. Batista/Orton and Cena/Show were painfully slow. Hardy/Edge was a decent main event. Kept hoping for a Punk run-in as Edge walked towards the back. And somehow I actually thought the Flair retirement would be the one that actually stuck, but apparently death is the only permanent retirement plan in this biz.

Good show, but one thing really confused me.

Did anyone else notice in the Rey/Y2J finish, when Mysterio drop-toed Y2J into the corner, it looked like Y2J was blading? Then there was nothing. I've watched it like five times and see it every time. What gives?

Good show, but one thing really confused me.

Did anyone else notice in the Rey/Y2J finish, when Mysterio drop-toed Y2J into the corner, it looked like Y2J was blading? Then there was nothing. I've watched it like five times and see it every time. What gives?

I did notice that too, am wondering if maybe he thought he was bleeding prior hardway and was checking his head, perhaps he banged it good just prior somehow. As far as it sounds, blading is completely banned right now in the company.

I still don't get Vince's obsession with hometown guys losing. It's if he's saying "How dare you be from here, I'll show you, you go job now!" As if he's trying to hoodwink the fans expecting the hometowner to win. Although by now we know to expect the opposite. But it's a tough spot, Umaga needs to be reestablished as a serious threat, so he needs a PPV win. But by jobbing Punk two ppvs in a row, they are going to make the fans care less about him, therefore when he does cash MITB in, he'll get less reaction and if he does indeed win the title, he'll lose it soon thereafter and look like a chump. Hmmm it almsot seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy by WWE Creative. Now I'm sick of the IWC whining, but this is pretty blatant sabatoge.

But outside of all that the match itself was really good, and the PPV as a whole was pretty good, outside of the obivous slow points, so at least WWE is becoming more consistent with their PPV shows delivering.

I still don't get Vince's obsession with hometown guys losing. It's if he's saying "How dare you be from here, I'll show you, you go job now!" As if he's trying to hoodwink the fans expecting the hometowner to win. Although by now we know to expect the opposite. But it's a tough spot, Umaga needs to be reestablished as a serious threat, so he needs a PPV win. But by jobbing Punk two ppvs in a row, they are going to make the fans care less about him, therefore when he does cash MITB in, he'll get less reaction and if he does indeed win the title, he'll lose it soon thereafter and look like a chump. Hmmm it almsot seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy by WWE Creative. Now I'm sick of the IWC whining, but this is pretty blatant sabatoge.

But outside of all that the match itself was really good, and the PPV as a whole was pretty good, outside of the obivous slow points, so at least WWE is becoming more consistent with their PPV shows delivering.

I think they'll cheer Punk regardless. Umaga didn't squash him, he looked decent against him, and if they continue the feud with Punk going over at Extreme Rules it'll work out.