TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

ECW 5/19

Okay show - nothing special. Christian vs Burchill was a solid match, but the result was never in question. I would have liked to see Burchill build off Katie's "idle hands" threat from last week rahter than it not get a mention and he gets a non-title match against the Champion.

Zach Ryders pants were ridiculous, though I've seen them before in indies. I guess it works for his character. He looks very indie though, right down to his finisher. I like the finisher, but not for Ryder - when he's released I hope somebody higher up the card steals it. Ryder will never catch on or get over.

Vladimir Kozlov is crud.

David Hart-Smith vs Finlay was about 8 minutes too long - the eight minutes of submission/rest holds. Hart-Smith is a future champion, but I think he should have been used in some enhancement matches before jumping right into a 20-minute encounter with Finlay. Especially if the ending was going to be what it was - cheat to win - there was no need for the match to be so long. You need to care about the wrestlers before they can have that style 20 minute match.

Tyson, David and Nattie are terrible in promo's but that might smooth out with practice. Tiffany is already getting better in her role so there is hope there. I dug the entrance music for the Hart Trilogy. Finlay desperately needs to lose the Hornswoggle Irish Jig music, and so back to his badass original theme.

Zach Ryders pants were ridiculous, though I've seen them before in indies. I guess it works for his character. He looks very indie though, right down to his finisher. I like the finisher, but not for Ryder - when he's released I hope somebody higher up the card steals it. Ryder will never catch on or get over.

Maybe for a transition move. Doesn't look like a legit finisher for a main eventer in my opinion.

I thought the show was a huge stepdown in how it normally is. Most weeks we at least get it worthwhile to sit through the show, and this week seemed more like a chore to.

Opening angle w/ Swagger and the Christian/Burchill match was sadly the high point of the hour, and it wasn't even that great. Then came Zach Ryder (who is definately screaming jobber to me) and Kozlov segments which were hard to sit through. Then came one of the most brutally slow and boring ECW main events in probably the history of the show if you ask me. The match was moreless one big rest hold for the most part, and went almost 20 minutes. WHY???!! What a letdown from that great debut for the new Hart Foundation last week.

So Christian v Dreamer is announced for Superstars huh way to not leave any doubt about who is going to win but honestly I expect Swagger to run in again

Nice to see a squash not envolving Kozlov for a week but Ryder does have a horrible gimmick and a jobber set of pants for sure. I predict him to be less successful than "Look at Me" Rob Conway

Speaking of Kozlov how come every other week he cuts a promo looking like a knock off M. Bison? and when did he join the Russian Army? He was already an unstopable monster why rebuild him for ECW?, its not like they are building him up to lose to Cena at the next ppv

I think they might do Dreamer/Swagger/Christian at the ppv, or maybe even play this dumb "Tiffany holding Jack back" angle out and just do Dreamer/Christian at the ppv in what would basically be Dreamer's retirement match.

Kozlov is one of those guys that is just going to suck no matter how you package the guy. Their best shot was how they originally had him as a sambo quasi-shootfighter of sorts, but once he started to become exposed badly against some of the bigger main eventers (because he was so green) his potential was killed right then and there.