TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

WGN SuperStars 5/21/09

Three weeks after Jack Swagger spoiled Tommy Dreamer's ECW Championship opportunity against Christian, Captain Charisma will look to defend his title against the ECW Original once again?

Then Nations will collide on “WWE Superstars” when Jamaica’s Kofi Kingston and England’s William Regal square off. Will the explosive youngster be able to outmaneuver the crafty veteran?

Also Chris Jericho takes on CM Punk in the Superstars' quest to determine the true face of SmackDown. How will Jericho fair against the man who controls the fate of WWE's championships?

All these matches have potential to be good. Will they be or will they be plagued by run ins and DQ's?

Find out on another thrilling episode of WGN SuperStars

I wanna say Kofi and Regal fought on Raw once but I can't remember the match if they did.

I hope they are building up Regal again he's a true toughman and a legit badass, plus to be a World company I think it is good to have strong characters from all over the world not just America and one or two Canadians

Ya but I'm thinking a singles match back when Regal was on his King of the Ring push either way I hope they put on a good match like I know they can

Dreamer's matches are so slow they really make them unenjoyable to me.

The crowd was into it but I like many others was just waiting for Jack's run in with Swagger

I don't know why Tommy was trying to take the belt from Christian at the end, the match wasn't even ruled his by dq it was a no contest so what claim did he think he had to take and hold up the ECW Championship

Dreamer offers nothing as a wrestler anymore - he has no rub to give. He actually has negative rub - the person he wrestled is lessened because of the encounter. Make him ECW GM or endeavor him.

Yeah, it definately is time for Dreamer to stop working matches. He's always fit the hardcore style more than anything though, and given that he is only allowed to work a fraction of that style at anytime, he just honestly doesn't bring much to the table other than a nostalgic ECW chant from the crowd.

With that said, they need to put him in against Christian and/or Swagger at the ppv for the title for one last shot, and definately not win the title (the potential momentum for that idea was lost months ago) but have him take one last huge bigspot in that match so he goes out the way he probably wants to, and make the match a falls count anywhere match for the ECW title (essentially the whole "extreme rules" stipulation to ECW matches that has now been eliminated and is just a name for the ppv). And then as suggested, make him ECW GM, that Tiffany chick needs to be in a different role in the company immediately, maybe as an annoying heel valet or something.

As far as the show tonight, I actually enjoyed it alot more than Raw or ECW this week, and it was probably the best Superstars show yet to date. The ECW title match wasn't much, but I did like the other two matches alot.

Loved the next two matches tho

Kofi v Regal was pretty good crowd loved Kofi was a little suprised he won but I'll gladly take it

Punk-Jericho was great maybe the best match they have had together. Jericho is the best heel in WWE maybe Pro wrestling right now

Yeah, Jericho, if you ask me, is easily the best North American heel hands down right now in all of wrestling.

Its everything in and out of the ring, some of the faces and mannerisms he has these days are top notch and just make the whole crowd hate him with out even saying a word, then when he starts talking they hate him even more