TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The 2009 (Great American) Bash thread!

I wonder what they're doing with Punk next month at Night Of Champions. Rumour has it last night was Jeff's last show for a good long while as he'd arranged before hand to take time off. If that's true, who's going to challenge Punk?

Edge and Jericho have taken themselves out of the running last night, Dolph isn't ready yet, Rey Mysterio has only just won the IC Title.. Kane and Khali have taken themselves out of it last night, so who's left for Punk?

All in all good show missed it live but watched it today via the feed.

Jericho-Rey was a great match, felt like something real special with some of the spots they were pulling out. The ending coupled with Jericho complaining to Long after the match make it the highlight of the night for me.

The Tag Team match was interesting I'll give it that. Crowd was huge for Edge, if they turned him and had him be a lying cheating stealing Eddie type face I bet the crowd would eat it up. I could imagine Jericho and Edge deunifying the belts too by both being selfish and taking their half of the belts and maybe getting a new partner, maybe Christian if Edge turns or getting goated into putting up only half of the unified belts and losing to someone like the Colons so both brands had a tag belt again. Anyway fantasy booking aside potientially having Edge and Jericho on all three brands is not a bad thing.

Hardy-Punk had me really wondering why they don't just let Jeff have a run with the belt, I mean I know why but the crowd is so into him and they all seem to want him to win so bad and way more than anyone in quite some time, so I'm a bit suprised he keeps getting screwed out of World Title wins

HHH-Orton was pretty predictable, these two have ok matches together and this was no exception but for as long as the fued has been running and with as much heat as should be on it they should be able to have better matches. The seeds were also put in place for the Ted Jr. turn down the road.

Cena-Miz felt like a Raw match. Miz never stood a chance although again fantasy booking it would be cool if tonight Miz won the belt from Kofi to kind of redeem himself.

Only because he's not got an Undertaker around. Jeff's the only main event face on SmackDown! at the moment, isn't he?

Edit: There's John Morrison, but outside of a win over Punk, he hasn't been pushed enough as Jeff for the fans to care as much.

No matter the reason he is. He is more over than HHH, Cena, Kofi, ect and he has been this over for a while. When he first won the world title listen to the pop he gets. Hell listen to the match at this ppv the crowd pops hard when he wins and seems ligit annoyed/pissed that Punk ends up keeping the belt.

Well, Punk was working 80/20 in the favour of heel, they're supposed to be annoyed that he kept the belt. It's a slow-burn turn, the heat will be off the charts when the official turn comes.

Right but it just seems to happen to Jeff Hardy a lot, as opposed to say Batista who it also seems to happen to a lot and the crowd never cares that much