TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

TNA Impact 6/25/08

Tonight, two hours of Total Nonstop Action featuring the aftermath of the Slammiversary Pay-Per-View event!

- NEW TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle will appear on the broadcast along with Samoa Joe, who shocked the wrestling world on Sunday night by turning his back on the fans and his friend AJ Styles! Joe helped Angle regain the World Title, leading to major controversy. Will Joe explain himself this Thursday? What will happen when he crosses paths with AJ Styles?

- Plus, what will Main Event Mafia leader "The Icon" Sting have to say about the situation involving Angle and Samoa Joe? What will be Sting's reaction to what happened at Slammiversary? Sources say Kurt Angle will officially introduce Samoa Joe as the newest member of the Main Event Mafia on Thursday night! What hell will break loose as a result?!

- Main Event Mafia member "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash will battle "The Monster" Abyss this Thursday night in one of the featured bouts between two of TNA's top juggernauts!

- Also on the broadcast, we'll hear from new TNA World Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc...plus Team 3D has already promised to unleash hell on The British Invasion this Thursday for costing them the championship at Slammiversary! Will all hell break loose between Team 3D, Beer Money and The British Invasion?

- Also this Thursday on SpikeTV, the TNA Knockouts go hardcore once more as Taylor Wilde will battle Daffney in the first-ever Knockouts 10,000 Tacks Match!

sure does.

I thought this was the best Impact in a while. Not too much Jarrett Foley or Angle. It wasn't the best wrestling show but some ok matches with real finishes that pushed forward in story lines. For those out there who don't think women should be taking tack bumps this show wasn't for you though

Yeah, I liked this Impact a lot too. The shows going into Slammiversary left me kinda cold, but I think the turn for Joe is really good as the psycho character wasn't working very well and with the MEM basically ditching Sting for him, he seems like a real main event player for the first time in recent memory. The timing on Sting being ousted from the Mafia was perfect too as he's far enough removed from his heel title reign that it's not really a distraction and by teasing the turn so long and then backing off it, it actually seemed like kind of a shock and a really big deal to finally pull the trigger. Great storyline development all around.

My one major complaint would be that we never seem to get the wrestlers that are feuding actually wrestle on PPV. (AJ Styles has to defend his title against Nash instead of facing Joe, Foley's likely getting a rematch against Angle instead of facing Jarrett, and Angle's defending against Foley instead of facing Sting.) Still, Russo writes turns about 15x better than the hacks that work for WWE and I'm really buying into all the characters in the main event right now.