TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

RAW Thread 6/29/09

So the Bash has come and gone, no changes to Raw from the PPV so what happens now?

Does Miz keep talkin shit?

Does Kofi continue to have good matches but no real fued?

Can HHH and Orton really have another big stipulation match?

And What will happen with those wacky Unified Tag Champs?

Find out on this commercial filled, McMachon owned Monday Night Raw

The following has been announced for tonight's edition of WWE Monday Night Raw:

- Vince kicks off Raw and promises a special guest host.

- Unified Tag Team Title Match: Edge and Chris Jericho © vs. Carlito and Primo Colon

The following has been announced for tonight's edition of WWE Monday Night Raw:

- Vince kicks off Raw and promises a special guest host.

k-fed-britney-legally-blond.jpg

http://wzronline.com/2009/06/29/breaking-n...tonight-on-raw/

"According to a source backstage at RAW, the word going around with several of the WWE talents in the last hour is that the company is planning to switch some Superstars to other brands at this week’s TV tapings.

One source with WWE thought the company may be doing some kind of Draft. WWE is taping TV this week for the next two weeks due to overseas tours so it should be a newsworthy week."

I'm not familiar with this site so take it for what it's worth.

If true, that's ridiculous. They've done such a good job of

making the brand split genuine, hardly seeing any crossovers in ages

too.

That was sarcasm, right?

Josh Matthews has been on Raw weekly, and they just had every brand there for both the 3-for-all and the commercial free show.

Yes, but

they were different because they made such a big deal that all three brands were there.

And as for the ECW commentator, that's nothing new, Grisham used to do the same thing when he was there.

ECW commentator doubles as backstage interviewer!

ok

I marked out when Henry beat Orton

Yeah I know Orton was beat down already and had his ass handed to him by Swagger and Evan, but that ending was fresh.

I really enjoyed Raw tonight; just finished watching. A few random musings:

What is Vince McMahon supposed to be? He was a total babyface until the Trump deal, and now he's acting heelish yet he still has it out for Orton.

Triple H vs. MVP had potential, but it was too short and the finish came pretty much out of nowhere. Yes, HHH reversed MVP's finisher into a pedigree, but it was just too soon.

While they are above the tag titles, having Jericho and Edge, my 2 favorites, appear on every show is a good thing. The match against the Colons was nothing special, though.

As for Miz vs. Cena, Miz looked better than he did at The Bash. But none of this will mean anything if he doesn't beat Cena. They could have easily given Miz a cheap win with Show interference sometime in the last month, or at least let Miz eliminate Cena from that battle royal. Mike ha been Miz-used.

Does anyone else think John Cena looks more like John Deere with that green and yellow get-up?

The women's match was okay. There were a couple botches, but they redeemed themselves with the 4 person headlock spot. Plus any time I get to see Maryse, Kelly, and Rosa (not that Beth or Mickie are at all bad) together, I get happy in the pants.

I don't like the idea of a Kofi/Show feud, but I know they want to get as many big names onto the NOC card as possible. Show just walking away was weird.

The main event was.. interesting. I think Bourne should have stayed on ECW and won the title eventually. He could have formed a rhyming tag team with the returning Kevin Thorn. Their first AND last names rhyme? Yeah... no.

I was intrigued by Swagger's actions, and I actually found myself enjoying the (seemingly) babyface Mark Henry.

As for the trade, the idea sounded spectacular, but the full results left something to be desired.

Moving to the Raw roster:

Gail Kim- Going nowhere on SD since her push stalled. Good move.

Alicia Fox- Love looking at her, but don't care either way.

Jack Swagger- He needed to be moved. He's done all he could in ECW.

Evan Bourne- Like I said, he should have become ECW champion. But now we can maybe see Bourne vs. Kofi. *drool*

Mark Henry- See Swagger, Jack.

Moving to the SmackDown roster:

Matt Hardy- Dude's switched brands 3 times in 4 months. Whay was he moved to Raw anyway?

Finlay- Another guy who needed a change of scenery, since he wasn't getting the ECW belt.

The Hart Dynasty (David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd & Natalya)- I like this move a lot. Natalya can challenge for the women's title, and DH and Kidd will have actual tag teams to wrestle. Well, a couple, anyway.

Moving to the ECW roster:

Shelton Benjamin- Charlie Haas is getting fired. Shelton for ECW Champion with Tony Atlas as his manager, PLEASE!

Goldust- Why? Is Hornswoggle getting fired now? I finally started to like the little bastard and his team with Goldust and (possibly) Santino.

William Regal- Maybe a title opportunity in his future?

Brie & Nikki Bella- Moved to Raw; did nothing. They will have even less to do on ECW.

Overall, Smackdown gained the most, followed by Raw. Raw got the main event heels it needed. ECW gave up it's 2 top heels, but now maybe Vladimir Kozlov can get pushed again, along with my homie Zack Ryder (Woo woo woo!) and maybe Ezekiel. I'd also love to see Shelton and Regal as title contenders. Smackdown gave up Shelton and Gail, and not much else. Interesting how Raw gave up 5 guys, ECW gave up six, but Smackdown, only 4. And Christian is still on ECW...

Thus concludes my longest wrestling post ever at this forum.

Mark Henry was great last night. That grin he has when he dominates is cool.

I enjoyed watching the Miz dominate Cena, even if the end result was obvious.

Looking forward to The Million-dollar Man next week.

good show i was pretty entertained.

Miz-Cena was what it should have been on the ppv with Miz probably going over cheep on Monday but oh well we can't get all we wish for.

Weird that Vince needs to follow the rules the Trump set last week like special guest host and the trade deal.

Seeing Henry so over with the crowd and going over Orton was weird to me but a welcome change.