TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

ECW 6/30/09

Tommy Dreamer is still ECW Champion! The ECW Original defeated Christian, Jack Swagger, Finlay and Mark Henry in the ECW Championship Scramble Match at The Bash. Check out WWE.com's coverage of Dreamer's continued reign at the top of the Land of the Extreme.

As announced by Mr. McMahon on Raw, WWE is in the midst of a 15-Superstar trade that has already seen Superstars and Divas such as Evan Bourne, Brie and Nikki Bella, Jack Swagger and Matt Hardy change brands.

So we all for that Nikki Bella title push? Ready to see Golddust go for the gold again? Hoping for a Regal-Burchill reunion? What will Tommy Dreamer do? What are you expecting from this new Land of Exteme?

ECW has REALLY had its main event fucked.

Swagger, Henry AND Bourne all out?

And they're replaced by SHELTON BENJAMIN AND WILLIAM REGAL?!?!!

They're WWE'ing up the best show, damn it.

They're WWE'ing up the best show, damn it.

Don't forget main event face Golddust

Oh, and to think they haven't messed up the ECW routine TOO much, they've taken The Hart Dynasty away!

I have accepted ECW's role as the proving ground for the young'uns, and was not surprised to see everyone go to the Big Two. It was inevitable.

I am, however, excited to see how these new guys pan out, especially Sheamus. Can't way to see Christian remarking on just how pasty white he is. And I like his "Fiery Red Hand" finisher.

Not too enthused about Abraham Washington. And I don't like the prospects for Yoshitatsu in an environment that hasn't been too Asian-friendly in the longest time.

And as Masked Heel pointed out, it would be great if Regal and Burchill could team again and possibly make them both relevant. And if they hook up with Sheamus for an all-UK team, that could be sick.

The subtitle proves prophetic Yoshi,Shemus,A. Washington even Tyler Wrex all had ok to good debuts.

Washington looked the worst in my opinion seemed like he was really trying hard to remember his lines and he came off as unatural.

Poor Shelton guy just can't catch a break he must have pissed someone off although he was pretty funny before getting the ko kick.

Shemus is white like so white but he stands out and his finisher looks legit especially if you have no knowledge of Roderick Strong.

After the main event tag I couldn't help but think Christian is going to challenge Tommy for the belt and Regal and Kozlov are going to start fueding, which with both of their mat based styles could be solid matches. With Regal holding his hand he might even improve some.

NotJames has a good point an all UK team could be lots of fun and replace the void left on the show and Franshise's heart with the New Hart Foundation leaving for Smackdown

No way man, Regal and Burchill as a duo, though.. That would be awesome again.

Make Katie-Lea their manager and they might just come close to the Hart Dynasty. Nowhere near the music, though.

I wouldn't team all three together at once. Maybe some point down the line, maybe for Survivor Series. And if you had to make Sheamus a face, there's an easy out -- have the Brits oust the Irish rookie and play on the political tension a bit. Stryker would be killer giving the historical background and such. Finley could make a guest appearance now and again to help him out.

But yeah, definitely get Burchill and Regal together, if only to ensure more Katie Lea. Woo woo woo!