TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

WWE General Discussion - July 2009

If the Million Dollar Kid had his daddy's gimmick with a 21st century twist he would get over as a heel so quick it wouldn't even be funny. Too bad they gave him the gimmick of Randy's bitch, that one never gets over, that is until he turns then their may be hope for him

It'll probably get over for Cody Rhodes. He needs to add a little more muscle mass. Orton looks like a superstar, DiBiase looks like he'll be a superstar, but Rhodes just looks like a skinny white kid.

Big props for him wearing boots that don the Tri-Force though.

Sometimes from far away, Orton looks like one of those overly-caricatured superheroes Arthur Adams draws. Overemphasized muscular limbs and skinny torso. The orange skin doesn't help, especially with his tattoo sleeves. It looks like he's got bruised arms.

Speaking of discoloured skin, Christian looks like he's got scurvy. Much too yellow for my taste. Some people might start mistaking him for Yoshitatsu.

(I can make that joke because I'm Asian.) ;)

Yoshi doesn't really stand out to me. I was turned off immediately when he came out to generic Japanese music. Seriously, why throw ALL Japanese guys under the same 'oriental' type music?

According to TMZ.com, WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was arrested on suspicion of DUI

early this morning in Hollywood, California.

Piper, whose real name is Roderick Toombs, was stopped by police at around 1:00 a.m. and given field sobriety tests. He was then arrested.

His bond was set at $5,000.

Yoshi doesn't really stand out to me. I was turned off immediately when he came out to generic Japanese music. Seriously, why throw ALL Japanese guys under the same 'oriental' type music?

It's that old Vaudeville edict... "Will it play in Peoria?" Vince is still under the impression that unless you play on the standard stereotypes, the "simple" folks in Smalltown USA who make up his constituency won't get it. That's why all all Russians are commies, all Hispanics talk like Speedy Gonzalez, and all Asians speak broken Engrish and come out to the same music. Jimmy Wang Yang is the exception... a horrible, horrible exception.

With Edge gone for months with a torn ACL, I wonder what happens with the tag belts

Off the top of my head, if Edge wrestles on SmackDown! this Friday night (taped last week) they could feasily find a bump that could explain his absence.

I'd say they get hot-shotted to Legacy.

Edge has the worst luck with injurys. At least he has some youth on his side unlike say Batista and proven main event runs unlike say Kennedy

Kennedy

There's talk about Edge possibly retiring. That ain't gonna happen. Edge should come back in eight months or so as a babyface. The fans would eat it up, they've been dying to cheer him.

(Back from an extended hiatus here...)

A friend of mine in Birmingham actually got to be on the crew to video Edge's surgery. Here is what he wrote in his facebook status about it:

"just got back from St. Vincent's. I just watched a pro wrestler's achilles tendon get yanked out, stuck back together, and stuffed back in...neat."

I miss Mike Knox. Has anyone heard anything about him, can't remember seeing him since he lost to Rtruth on Smackdown. Anyone think they might bring him back without the beard, which would be a huge mistake and probably cost him his job.

Chavo i'd say. They both get the same number of wins from time to time, but Kendrick isn't nearly buried to the extent Chavo is.

One jobs to a midget one jobs to an old man I can't remember the last time either won. One likes his weed the other likes his aunt both would be better off in TNA or ROH

Also if Ari shows up on Raw then it would be entertaining Jeremy Pivens tho I'm not so sure