Yoshihiro Akiyama Vs. Alan Belcher

Undercard:

Mark Coleman Vs. Stephan Bonnar

Mac Danzig Vs. Jim Miller

Jon Jones Vs. Jake O'Brien

Dong Hyun Kim Vs. TJ Grant

CB Dollaway Vs. Tom Lawlor

Matt Grice Vs. Shannon Gugerty

Should be a great card, so many different outcomes could come out of the two main events. Does Lesnar have enough sub defense to not get caught in a submission? Can Alves keep the feet standing and test GSP's chin? Who will reign supreme in the battle of TUF coaches USA or GB?

I sure hope some of the mian card fights end quickly because I'm even interested in seeing if Coleman can make one last run or if "Bones" Jones can continue to look awesome or if Danzig and Dollaway can get back on track for a title shot down the road.

Pick your winners TSM for those of you who are men or like manly things.

I just want to see Lesnar get revenge. I really do not care for Frank Mir so I hope Brock unloads on him and puts him away pretty convincingly.

I hope Brock wins also. I just saw the footage of Mir breaking Tim Silvia's arm after holding the submission long after the whistle. Not that I'm a fan of Silvia, but damn, that's just wrong.

I also hope Bisping loses. Not a fan of his, though I rooted for Team UK on TUF. I still think Matt Hamill was robbed when they fought in England. He definitely should have gotten the decision, but the hooligans would've probably rioted if their golden boy had lost.

I'll be stopping in Georgia on my way to Disney on Saturday night, so hopefully there will be a Hooters somewhere where I can catch the PPV.

My bad. But I do recall Mir not letting the hold go for seven seconds after the ref stopped the fight. Granted in the heat of the battle guys tend to go a little longer even after ref stoppage, but seven seconds is a bit much.

Mir does seem to hold submissions a little long sometimes but its the refs job to step in and stop it.

In the first UFC there were a couple of guys who tried to claim they didn't tap after Royce made them submit and he let go of the hold. After I believe Ken Shamrock tried to pull that shit Royce never let go of the submission until the ref stoped it.

This is what will happen. :ph34r:

Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar- Brock had this won the first time if it wasn't for the incompotence of the referee. Mir should be more confident now but Brock is much more improved as a fighter.

Winner- Brock 2:15 RD 1 KO- Shoot, 3 rights and an elbow.

Georges St-Pierre Vs. Thiago Alves- This is tough- GSP is incredibly skilled but he doesn't have the benefit of a size advantage in this fight. Alves arguably has quicker hands than GSP and more power.

Winner- Alves RD 2 KO 3:52- Alves will catch GSP with an overhand right and finish him on the ground.

Jon Fitch Vs. Paulo Thiago- Winner Fitch by unanimous decision.

Dan Henderson Vs. Michael Bisping- I am waiting for this. This isn't a fight.

Winner- Henderson RD 3 KO- I want to say RD 1 but I think Bisping will run after he takes the first shot.

Yoshihiro Akiyama Vs. Alan Belcher- Winner Akiyama unanimous decision

W T B O H M

This was one of my favorite UFC's that I've seen, mainly because I wasn't rooting for any specific person. Sure, I was leaning towards specific people, but either way, I would have been happy.

1. Akiyama/Belcher - As much as I liked Akiyama, I didn't think he won it. In fact, I don't think either man deserved a win as neither really did much.

2. Henderson/Bisping - I was probably the only one rooting for Bisping, but that KO was beautiful. The diving punch "just to shut him up" was a bit too much. Great, he bugged you and everyone else on TUF. You quite obviously knocked him out, Hendo. You won. No need to possibly cause more brain damage just to prove a point.

3. GSP/Alves - FOTN for me. GSP is a beast, Alves is gnarly, just a fantastic fight from start to finish. GSP's takedowns are superb.

4. Lesnar/Mir - Lesnar is a fucking Viking. That's all. A God damn Viking warrior whose sole purpose in life is to fight. I'm glad Lesnar won, but a stand up KO would have been nicer.

And does anyone else just hate Mir's hair cut/beard combo? Gaaaah, just horrid.

Very entertaining show overall...

-As much as I would have liked to have seen Bisping win, Henderson's knockout combo was a thing of beauty.

-GSP is a fighter on another realm. Seriously... the man is a machine.

-I absolutely LOVED watching Lesnar destroy Mir. It would have been nice to get a knockout or even a submission, but seeing Lesnar destroy him with the ground and pound was fitting. The subsequent heel tactics at the end were great as well, and thankfully, the UFC has a dominant champion that people will pay good money to see in the hopes that he will lose. Lesnar knows this and he plays the role perfectly. It makes me wonder if they eventually do Lesnar/Mir III or start building Shane Carwin as a potential challenger.

The dude is a fucking gorilla. At this point he should be ending fights by throwing a barrel onto his opponents, because he's just donkey-konging guys.

GSP is still GSP. I don't think he's gonna tested until we get him vs Silva, and Silva still has Forrest and probably another match with Henderson to get past first. If Silva loses one of those and the mystique is gone, do they still do it or say fuck it? GSP's quickly running out of challenges.

And thank god for that second shot on Bisping. If there's anyone I don't mind taking a shot on the ground, it's Bisping. I had a feeling Hendo would catch the dancer, and I'm glad it was right.

Its going to be hard for any HW in the UFC to stop Brock

I think anyone in the HW division has a shot standing up with him. I see him getting ko'd many times in the future.

This is why I don't believe that for a second.

The basic science behind being knocked out is not hard to understand, your skull gets rocked and your brain bounces back and forth in your skull triggering a black out. It's that snap action where you see a guys head do that quick little back and forth. What makes a head snap back and forth easily? A weak neck. Brocks neck is a fucking tree trunk, and it's gonna take someone with some serious fucking hands to make that head bounce. I wouldn't be suprised if he goes the rest of his career without being laid out. Rocked, sure, but it's gonna take the hands of God to put that fucker out cold.

You Brock haters better hope he has a glass jaw thats the only hopes of stoping him that I can see. He just smothered some really good jits from Mir.