TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

WWE Night of Champions

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler

United States Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Big Show vs. MVP vs. Carlito vs. Jack Swagger vs. The Miz

Women's Champion Michelle McCool vs. Melina

ECW Champion Tommy Dreamer vs. Christian

Unified Tag Team Champion Chris Jericho & A Mystery Partner vs. Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes

Divas Champion Maryse vs. Mickie James

I love the fact that one of the most exciting wrestlers WWE has, one that holds a victory over the US Champ, can't get into the 6-pac challenge match with said Champ

My picks:

Cena

Hardy

Rey

Kofi

McCool

Christian

Jericho and Mystery partner (hope its God, he owes WWE for no showing the Shawn Micheals tag match)

Mickie

So if anyone was curious, Jericho brought out Big Show to be his partner; match ended with a codebreaker followed by the "colossal clutch".

CM Punk delivered a pretty good heel promo afterward in front of the crowd.

Texas Clover Leaf by Dreamer on Christian and Dean Malenko reference from Striker.

Christian winner and new champion via kill switch.

Poor Tommy had to lose in Philadelphia.

WWE championship triple threat is up next.

Match placement would suggest Randy retaining here followed by a cringe worthy rant about opportunism and vipers and other dastardly things by Cole.

Unique finish, Triple H puts Orton in the sharpshooter, then Cena locks in the STF on Orton's top half, Orton taps but the ref doesn't end the match because he apparently is a retard and can't figure out what to do. Legacy hits the ring, Orton hits an rko on Cena while he's trying to Attitude Adjust Rhodes for the pin.

Let me get my Cole bingo card.

And nobody even went through that announce table. Randy broke monitors for nothing.

I'm hoping Teddy Long comes out after Hardy wins and announces that Hardy tested positive for steroids prior to the match so CM Punk retains. I could really go for some drug test tampering angles.

Magic the gathering gamerankings Matt? You're lucky nobody is reading this thread.

Never played the game, but I'm interested in the Xbox 360 version. I was checking review scores.

Decent show all around, nothing to really write home about though.

The highlights would be the two world title matches for me. Great heel work by Punk, I think they made a big mistake taking the belt off him so soon, unless they are planning on giving it back to him right away. The crowd reactions helped out the triple threat a lot with whoever was beating up Cena at the time getting cheered. Night of Champions is probably the least interesting gimmick for a PPV where most of the titles should be defended anyway. It just causes nonsensical angles to be drummed up to have an excuse for all the belts that aren't getting attention at the time. Aside from that, it was OK, no horrible matches.

Decent show i echo that thought

Show was a good choice for Jericho, it doesn't make a new star but from story line prospective it makes sense

US Title match was a clusterfuck too much going from spot to spot but i guess what are you going to do in a 6-pac challenge. Would have much prefered Bourne to take Shows spot instead of Primo

Both womens matches were too short to really judge but McCool and Melina looked like they were working hard, the finish just looked a lil strange ref out of posistion

IC match was pretty good Ziggler is a great seller, first time in a while setting up the 619 looked so natural

Tripple threat was ok the crowd made it a little better than it would have been without them. Suprised Orton retained and I'd much rather see him and Cena feud than him and HHH continue to fued.

Glad Hardy won the belt again, he is the most over with the fans so why not let him have a 3-6 month run and see just how big he can get. Fun match as has been the norm between these two. Punk is great as a heel too, its so many little things he does right like smiling and counting along with the ref after the GTS and the two subsiquent pins he just sold perfectly.