TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RetroRob215

NWA's PPV Buys For the First Show

Guest RetroRob215

And they got it. Somewhere inbetween 50,000-150,000. Pretty impressive considering what the WWA was bringing in.

Guest Vyce

Okay, now I have a question about this.

On 411, there was some statement that mentioned that, since the initial buyrate was good for the first PPV (they needed to recoup the costs), the company should be able to maintain production for a few more months at least.

This true? How does this work out? Cause frankly, I really want these guys to succeed. For a few months longer, at the minimum. Hell, I want them to stick around just so they can bring us kick-ass "X title" matches like the one this past Wednesday.

Guest dreamer420

i'm glad they met their quota. i have only seen the first show and I enjoyed it. reminded me of an episode of thunder, but in a good way.

Guest Blue Bacchus

Their shows really remind of the old WCW. Bad Angles and acting but the wrestling was there. I guess I just like the "Southern Style" more than the WWE Style.

Guest dreamer420

they certainly had their share of crap on the show but the rest of the action made up for it.

the johnsons really need to go i think

Guest Nezbyte
And they got it. Somewhere inbetween 50,000-150,000. Pretty impressive considering what the WWA was bringing in.

that would mean that before expenses (paying wrestlers, writers, producers, refs, medics, ect) they brought in anywhere between $500,000 and $1,500,000. That isnt exaclty chump change.

Is NWATNA selling tapes of the events yet? Ill buy some uh em.

Guest RetroRob215
Is NWATNA selling tapes of the events yet? Ill buy some uh em.

I doubt they'll start until they have a few months of footage under their belts. The site at the bottom of my sig. was planning on making comp tapes of the NWA PPV's.

Guest nikowwf

Two things...

1) Nobody gets good buyrates for a few months, but they have a good estimate 2 weeks in. Hmm.... I think this is speculative on someone's part. (although I don't see any reason they didn't do well on the first show)

2) I think there is a big dropoff for the second show and beyond. On 1wrestling, where they push NWA more than anyone the talk about it on the messageboards is nonexistant now after it was THE hot topic for the few weeks before. And this is where you can ask Bob Ryder about the promotion.

Niko-chan

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

- The buyrate numbers for the NWA/TNA PPV Wednesday night are looking higher than expected. High buyrate areas include San Diego, Atlanta, Detroit, and Tampa.

Credit:1Wrestling.com

Wow.I_guess_they_are_heading_in_the_right_direction.

Guest dreamer420

i'm glad to hear it. from what i have seen it left me wishing that they had a tv deal secured because it was a really nice alternative to the wwe.

i'm glad they are getting the fan support they need because it is important for them to survive.

Guest J*ingus

The rumor I heard was somewhere around 90,000-100,000. If it's true, that means they actually made money off the first show, not a bad sign at all.

Guest RetroRob215

Let's keep our fingers crossed that last weeks show didn't bomb because a lot of the people who bought the first one may have been turned off the by the Southern aspect of the show.

Guest Austin3164life

Does anyone here actually seeing the NWA-TNA becoming competition for the WWE? If so, when? They do have one good thing going for them "the X-Division", and the WWE is in the shits right now, so you never know if casual WWE fans might start tuning in to the NWA-TNA (once it hits regular television). For the NWA-TNA to do that, they need to drop the redneck-like entertainment they're putting out......

Guest RobJohnstone

honestly, I have enjoyed the past 2 weeks of nwa way better than ther past 2 weeks of wwf. Compitition is very good. Here's hoping they keep up the good work and great effort.

--Rob

Guest Some Guy

What I don't get about NWA is if they have weekly PPVs set up like a normal TV show where do they blow off feuds? On a separate monthly 3 hour PPV or on the regular 2 hr weekly show?

Guest Nezbyte
What I don't get about NWA is if they have weekly PPVs set up like a normal TV show where do they blow off feuds? On a separate monthly 3 hour PPV or on the regular 2 hr weekly show?

Well, i'd have to assume a regular broadcast.

Guest Some Guy

Won't that kind of kill the "Big show" feeling of the blow offs? They'll never be able to get a Wrestlemania type feel to their shows if they are all 2 hour shows on Wed. nights.

Guest J*ingus

You're forgetting that this is a Jerry Jarrett company. Jarrett ran Memphis with weekly Monday night shows in the Mid-South Coliseum for decades, with no "big blowoff" type shows. They did the exact same kind of thing that NWATNA is doing now.