TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Paul

Jay killed wrestlecrap!

Guest The Paul

In Jay's latest column he enclosed the link to almost the whole Wrestlecrap database which was stored on Archive.com, I was glad to be able to see the site again, After not seeing it for so long. I thought that I would just be able to look at the site whenever i wanted but now when I search for "wrestlecrap" on archives I keep getting this shitty message

"Per the request of the site owner, http://www.wrestlecrap.com is no longer available in the Wayback Machine. Try another request or click here to see if the page is available, live, on the Web."

I mean what the hell is that!? The whole reason the site closed town was because of the price of bandwitch, But if someone is archiving your site for free then why would you want to block it?

I presume that he closed it down because of the link in Jay's commentary since the owner must be a big wrestling fan and probaly comes to this site.

Am i the only one that thinks it's stupid how he barred his site?

Guest upchuck

I know, the same thing happened to me.  The day that I read the article i clicked the link and went to WrestleCrap.  Some time later, I go on and it works fine for a while.  I click on one of the links and it wont work.  Soon later, I find that none of them do.  I was pretty pissed.

Guest theWCWRaider

Hey...damn, and I bookmarked that to.

But, if you go to wrestlecrap.com, he has a mailing list you can sign up for, and its just like when it used to be updated.

But, in the mailing list, he gives out links to some of the old wrestle crap pages,

and if your not on the list already, I should tell you that he said in the last one he sent out, that there will be a new inductee into wrestlecrap this week.

So, the mailing list is worth a shot, if you iidn't already know about it.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Wrestlecrap?  It was the definitive site on the Net for the Worst in Professional Wrestling, until the owner RD Reynolds could no longer afford it.  It lives on as a free newsletter.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Im mad because I signed up when I heard about the mail thing and I've still yet to get one.  Ive tried like 3 or 4 times to put my email in but I never get one...

Guest J*ingus

That is pretty lame that he barred the site.  I mean, it's not like he was making any money off it; that's one of the reasons Wrestlecrap closed in the first place.  If I had made a site that good, and was forced to kill it, I'd be ecstatic to learn that it was safely archived somewhere for all to see (at NO cost to myself).  Why would RD do that?

Guest JAMES900

I think it's because he very possesive of wrestlecrap I mean when he closed ti down he said it was his baby, and tunred down people offers to pay for the bandwidth the site uses.  But like i've said before his site, his rules.