TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ace309

"Strong Style"

Guest Ace309

Can someone explain the concept of "Strong Style" to me? I've heard and seen the term used by and to describe NJPW, Steve Corino and Ring Of Honor, but I haven't seen enough to quite understand the definition and I guess I'm a little fuzzy on what it's supposed to mean.

Guest Nezbyte

Strong style is a stiffer, more psychological type of wrestling. Some of my pals in the VCDub wrestle a Strong Style/Kin's Road esque way.

Guest wolverine

I'm not a big New Japan fan, but I believe Strong Style has more of a reliance on submission holds than King's Road (AJPW) which was more striking oriented.

Guest J*ingus

"Strong style" is used by a lot of smarks as a catch-all term for stiff Japanese heavyweight wrestling style, although its specific meaning is that of NJPW's shootish submission style.

Guest Jubuki

Please describe "stiffer & more psychological" - if you're referring to AJ, you've got the labels wrong, and if you're referring to NJ, I'd like to know what in Hell it's 'stiffer and more psychological' in comparison to -- Toryumon? Strong Style is just Inoki's turn of phrase for New Japan; King's Road is what Samurai TV called AJPW's show. Whoopdedoo - they're just words, people.

Guest Nezbyte
they're just words, people.

If they're just words why do you go ass wild over what i said.

Go get your rocks off insulting someone else, ass.

Guest Jubuki

That's hardly an insult. I pointed out the fact that your statement had some half-assed descriptions. No reference point to show what 'stiffer' means, no reference point to show what 'more psychological' means. It's not my fault if you write poorly, nor is it my fault if you can't handle criticism. I've also alluded before to Strong Style & King's Road being useless terms when one can just say "NJ heavyweights" and "AJ heavyweights" and get as much, if not more, meaning across - in fact, I feel I've belabored the point, both here and elsewhere. So it's also not my fault if you haven't seen me react the exact same way in the past to someone else saying the exact same things. Maybe you should just stay in the WWE folder in the future.

Guest Nezbyte
That's hardly an insult. I pointed out the fact that your statement had some half-assed descriptions. No reference point to show what 'stiffer' means, no reference point to show what 'more psychological' means. It's not my fault if you write poorly, nor is it my fault if you can't handle criticism. I've also alluded before to Strong Style & King's Road being useless terms when one can just say "NJ heavyweights" and "AJ heavyweights" and get as much, if not more, meaning across - in fact, I feel I've belabored the point, both here and elsewhere. So it's also not my fault if you haven't seen me react the exact same way in the past to someone else saying the exact same things. Maybe you should just stay in the WWE folder in the future.

Maybe you should mind your own business? Who cares where i post? I say it one way, you say it the other. Stiffer than say a typical WWE match, ok? More psycology than the ladder match that 3-Count. Jung Dragons, and Evan&Kouragis had.

There.

Guest J*ingus

Yeah. I made that mistake once back on the EZboard and, good gawd, never again!

Guest Stuart
Please describe "stiffer & more psychological" - if you're referring to AJ, you've got the labels wrong, and if you're referring to NJ, I'd like to know what in Hell it's 'stiffer and more psychological' in comparison to -- Toryumon?  Strong Style is just Inoki's turn of phrase for New Japan; King's Road is what Samurai TV called AJPW's show.  Whoopdedoo - they're just words, people.

King's Road AKA Royal Road is the self-billing of All Japan, meant to depict their "classic wrestling" style. It has meaning beyond being the name for their Samurai! TV show. For instance, their web URL is "oudou", which means Royal/King's Road. Both King's Road and Strong Style are used by the companies themselves and fans, so I don't see any crime in using them as a romantic-esque way to describe the promotions.

oudou.gif