TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

NWA-TNA News, Rumors, and Tiddlewinks

Credit to Trent Van Drisse (Jingus knows him) from the Mid-Southern Message Board for posting these news bits on his board, and the opinions in the news bits are his.:

"I got the following info from Torch, Observer and other word of mouth.

Buff Bagwell was passed out backstage before the battle royal at the first ppv. Wrestlers were jokingly taking odds on weather or not he would be able to work.

Rick Stiener complained to other workers about where he was scueduled to exit the battle royal, and sat in the stands and watched the battle royal walk thru Jeff Jarrett held, and had to be called to the ring for walk thru his part.

Jerry Jarrett publically praised both guys, and others conduct at the show, but there is a feeling that there will be alot of house cleaning.

Scott Hall, on the other hand, was described by all as being "sober & motivated. Hey that's great, but who actually espects it to last, and did he actually deserve another shot anyhow, esp at the tune of being paid 3,500$ per week??

Bob Ryder went to "management" the days before the ppv trying to get the Johnsons gimmick killed, obiviously he wasn't sucessful. I thought Ryder WAS TNA management....at least!! lol

Early estimates have the buyrate for the first week well over th e 50k break even point, but below their goal of 150k buys. It should be noted however that early estimates usually end up being way high. For example, the Vegas WWA ppv was pegged at 40k buy with the early estimates, but ended up only being 15k buys.

Wrestlers were given checks for the first show right after the ppv.

Everyone agrees that the roles of Don West & Ed Ferrara needs to be "adjusted". Duhh No shit?? Both Scott Hudson & Tony Shavonie were backstage. Personally i think Hudson is a perfect fit for NWA-TNA. Some think hiring Shavonie will make TNA look too much like WCW. Yeah, like it dosen't now! lmao I wonder who will do the announcing for the matches taped for Berts tv before the ppvs, or if Bert will just do voiceovers with Borash or whoever later.

In Demand has not lived up to their promise of heavily promoting the ppvs, instead the seem to be waiting if it can stand on it's own, and if early buy rates are strong then pushing it. IMO Jerry Jarrett was really ignorant and stupid to just expect them to anyhow, and i still think he should call Paul Heyman and ask him about In Demands payoff rep.

Some workers were calling Francine, Joel Gertner, AJ Styles & Daffney the "Pucker crew" backstage cuz of the way they kissed ass to anyone they thought had any power all day.

Francine, Gertner & Goldilocks didn't make alot of friends in general. Goldilocks already has a primadonna rep. Francine was telling the girls what to wear and how to wrestle backstage, hell from the looks of them i can see why she thought she had to! She was also adamant backstage in telling them that it would take 3 girls to throw her out of the lingere battle royal. Not 1, not 2 but 3. No ego there. lol Electras ppv comments on Francine were said to be a shoot. Gertner spent the day trying to pick up women, bragging about his weightloss, and fishing for compliments on his promo. I thought Gernter "blew goats" at the ppv myself. His future is said to not look bright in NWA-TNA. Trent "

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Funnilly enough...Steiner and Bagwell would have been 2 of the first 3 people I fired anyway.

Cheeks is the obvious other one.

Hope they do clean house.

Guest Some Guy

If they had to hire a Steiner why woudln't it be Scott? Rick has been worthless for 4 years.

SG- If you don't like me bite me.

That was ghey.

Guest Vyce

I may be crazy, but I wouldn't fire Ric. Well, at least not right away.

Then again, I am a mark for stiff wrestlers.

But really, I'd keep Ric over some of the other guys, like Bagwell, Cheex, Norman Smiley, & Lash Leroux. I figure the Steiner name still has a tiny bit of value to it. At the least, they could keep him around a little while to put over the other talent.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Fire Norman Smiley?

No BIG WIGGLE?

Bitch, you crazy.

Guest Some Guy

I think seeing Lash Leroux on the first NWA PPV made me realize why WWF fired him. The chubby little fuck. Go yell in "Paris talk" into your mirror because at least then the one person who wants to hear it will be looking at you.

Guest razazteca

Norman Smiley is money!!!

There was a sign by a fan proclaiming that Norman is the Next Nature Boy, at the 2nd show

Guest RobJohnstone

just for background info on trent, he used to write for shootangle.com, and he is a mad old school tape trader. He is credible in my book.

--Rob

Guest J*ingus
just for background info on trent, he used to write for shootangle.com, and he is a mad old school tape trader. He is credible in my book.

--Rob

He did? I co-hosted an internet radio webcast with the bastard for six months, and he never told me that. Ah, TVD, one of the hardest to please (and funniest) net critics out there.

Guest RobJohnstone

yeah man, he is a big time old school awa mark. When I was trading, a few years back, I traded him some awa footage for some old nwa footage I believe. I forget what exactly, but I distinctly remember his indy reviews on shootangle. I distincly remember him being the only writer I liked on that site also, jack epstein is mad gay.

http://www.shootangle.com/trent/trent.htm

--Rob

Guest J*ingus

Rob, I clicked on that link, and I know all but a couple of guys in that report, and am close friends with a few of them. Small world.

Guest dreamer420

lash looked like shit on the ppv and has me wondering why the fuck he was there. gertner is probably letting his gimmick get to his head a little too much but he'll get the reality check he deserves.

fire the johnsons too! they add nothing to the company.

yeah man, he is a big time old school awa mark.

I believe Trent grew up in Minnesota or somewhere that the AWA drew big at.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

I feel bad for whoever said they want to see Rick Steiner wrestle instead of Norman Smiley.

Imagine a Norman/Booker team

The big wiggle AND the spinaroonie.

I mark for dancing black men.

Guest dreamer420

the big wiggle did get one of the loudest pops during the opening weeks show. i guess nwa: tna has found their most electrifying move.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

This thread seemed like the best place to put this.

According to the NWATNA website:

J Sports and Entertainment has signed the lovely Jasmin St. Claire to a contract to appear on NWA TNA: Total Nonstop Action.

Jasmin is expected to make her debut on this Wednesday night's live broadcast of NWA TNA, which airs at 8pm Eastern time

not really news worhty...but whatever...

Oh...and the 6 man match for this week show is going to be on last.

I like that because they know to end their programs with what is most likely to leave the audience wanting more.

The WWE chooses to end their shows with Hogan, Taker and HHH...another point to the NWA.

Plus...not having to take commercial breaks makes them able to have long matches (like the X title match) without having to break for commercials.

While that fact obviously isn't worth 10 bucks on its own...its still a nice thing...remember the commercial break during the Eddy/RVD ladder match?

Pissed me off.

Guest Nezbyte

I'm downloading the first ever NWATNA X-Title match. I WILL buy all their DVD's (or tapes, if it comes to it) as SOON as they're released. Goddamnit! I cant watch the PPV's cuz've the fact i dont have a box. Damn.