TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Masked Yodeler

Muties

Guest The Masked Yodeler

Has anyone else picked this up?  The first issue of this 6 issue mini came out this week, and it's way cool.

If anyone else has read it, did you understand the ending?  It seems to be a cliffhanger, but I know that each issue of the series is a stand alone.

Guest gthureson

I haven't.   Wouldn't mind hearing a bit more about it though.

I assume its a Marvel thing with at least a vague relation to the X-universe?

Guest areacode212

Yeah, it's a Marvel mini, but it focuses more on "everyday" mutants, rather than the mutant superheroes. The first issue wasn't bad.

Guest The Masked Yodeler

Here's a description from marvel.com

Muties #1

Cover by Peter Ferguson

Karl Bollers /Peter Ferguson & Max Douglas

THE SCOOP: Think all mutants wear spandex? Or have flashy codenames? Or are immersed in the struggle between human and mutant? Think again!

THE SET-UP: MUTIES is a six-issue series that explores a very different side of a classic Marvel concept, and can be loosely described as THE UNCANNY X-MEN meets The Twilight Zone. Each globe-spanning, self-contained story focuses on a different mutant and his place in the world — whether or not he's directly involved in the ideological struggle that will inevitably determine the future of mankind. These are the ones who have fallen between the cracks.

THE STORY: Meet a thirteen-year-old boy genius who is taunted and tormented by his peers. But what is the secret that makes Jared different from anything mutant fans have ever encountered before?

THE FORMAT: Each issue of this six-part series is 32 pages, with ads.