TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest brokentusk16

Best of WWA & NWA:TNA tape

Guest brokentusk16

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Wrestling Power is offering a best of WWA & NWA:TNA tape. I haven't seen ANY of either promotions shows, I've only heard word of mouth. Would it be better to buy the tape or buy some full-length shows from the two companies. The price of the tape is $15 and is said to be excellent condition. Here's what's on the compilation:

WWA matches/promos:

Nova vs. A.J. vs. Daniels vs. Low Ki vs. Shark Boy vs. Mamaluke

Clips of Alan Funk's Hogan imitation "The Funkster"

Psicosis vs. Juventud vs. Eddie Guerrero--Jerry Lynn shows up & attacks Eddie

Devon Storm vs. Sabu--No DQ Match

A.J. Styles vs. Nova

Lynn vs. Chaos

Lynn vs. A.J. Styles

Sabu vs. Storm--Cage Match

NWA: TNA matches/promos:

Legends Ceremony

Low Ki, Lynn & A.J. vs. Yang, Siaki & Estrada

Joey & Christian vs. New Dupps

Shamrock vs. Malice (aka The Wall) Ref-- Steamboat for NWA WHv title (not the full battle roayle, just these two)

Jarrett vs. Hall

A.J. Styles vs. Lynn vs. Low Ki vs. Psicosis

Guest RetroRob215

I was going to buy it, but I'm not really interested in the WWA stuff. Either way, it is probably worth $15 for the X-Title match alone.

Guest dreamer420

damn, i need to see that x title match. fucking canadian satellite sucks my ass!

Guest genius1591

I would buy the tape, but I have already seem all of those matchs. Honestly, buy it just for the X -division finals match up. Seriously it was the match of the year. I doubt WWE is going to put a better match then that this year.

Guest brokentusk16

All right, after looking at some reviews for the shows, I think I'll just buy the Best Of tape. The only NWA matches that looked interesting besides the ones on the tape looked like the Royal Rumble and the Lingerie Rumble, and from what I've heard, neither sounded that great. And it looks like I'll get the best of the WWA matches here. A lot like an ECW compilation tape actually.

The matches that sound worth buying look to be:

X-title 4-way (duh!)

Low Ki, Jerry Lynn & AJ Styles vs. Flying Elvises

Sabu vs. Devon Storm cage match (heard it's a pretty good hardcore match)

Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles

WWA six-man Cruiserweight match

Looks like I'll be getting some good Cruiserweight action to last me a while. BTW, Retro Rob, you were the one who suggested Wrestling Power, how are there tapes as far as quality?

Guest dreamer420

Low Ki, Jerry Lynn & AJ Styles vs. Flying Elvises

this is an excellant match. i knew that low ki, lynn, and styles were all terrific stars and i thought that going in the flying elvises were going to be cheesy as well. i was wrong. all three guys worked really well and their gimmick is even funny at times. i would give it ***1/2 because it would have been nice if it could have gone longer.

Sabu vs. Devon Storm cage match (heard it's a pretty good hardcore match)

surprisingly good, as i wasn't sure how these two would work together in a cage match. of course the bumbs in it at sick and sabu and storm work really really well together. ***

Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles

not given enough time but it is still a very good match. lynn and styles work well together but who can't work well with jerry lynn. their styles complement each other perfectly. ***1/2

WWA six-man Cruiserweight match

a huge spotfest but a pretty good one. the six guys involved are all very good cruiserweights and while the match is a big spotty at first it really picks up once a couple of guys are eliminated. ***

Guest RetroRob215
BTW, Retro Rob, you were the one who suggested Wrestling Power, how are there tapes as far as quality?

It depends on the tape, but this one should be excellent because the site taped both the NWA & WWA PPV's themselves, so the tape should be 1st Gen. Everything I have ever bought from them has been watchable to excellent, besides a few of the RF Shoots.