TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest redbaron51

2003 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame List

Guest redbaron51

I was listening to my local radio station, and they list off all the 2003 Inductees to the Hall of Fame, now I don't know every single band, but I know some, here are some.

Elvis Costello (solo)

Police

The Clash

Motörhead

Cheap Trick

were some of the bands, but also bands like The Strangler, and The Romantics, and other bands I have never even heard, were made to the list.

My beef is that bands like Sabbath, Rush, Guess Who are not even nominated (Cheap Trick?! They are fuckin horrible) get nominated.

I like Police, and Motöhead alot, and hopefully they make it in.

Guest Kinetic

All of those seem like reasonable inductees. I'm particularly happy about the first two and the third to a lesser extent.

The best news of all: KISS is snubbed again. Woo hoo!

Guest Shaved Bear

Motorhead should be in already

and KISS will never ever make it

Guest godthedog

the rock & roll hall of fame is a corporate joke & i refuse to pay attention to it. the velvet underground was one of the most influential bands ever, and it took fucking FOREVER to get them in.

Guest redbaron51

You can say about that too Sabbath and Guess Who.

I'm thinking that the Americans only know Rush by Moving Pictures which that came out in 1978? Me thinks

Guest Incandenza

Fuck that place, man. Tom Waits--who has been eligible since 1998--isn't in there.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I'm all for God an co. (read: Motörhead) entering it. They are also one of the most influential bands ever (ya think thrash metal would've happened without Motörhead?), plus easily one of the best.

Guest meanmaisch

I can see Costello, the Police, and The Clash making it.

But, please, no Cheap Trick.

Guest redbaron51

oh god not Cheap Trick...if Cheap Trick goes in might as well add Whitesnake, Poison, Winger, and the worst of them all, CINDERELLA!

Guest jtronx

Why all the Cheap Trick hate?

And I always thought Halls of Fame were for art forms that were dead. There's still plenty of good rock out there, no matter what crap you hear on the radio or see on tv or in magazines...

Guest pochorenella

Since I'm maybe the biggest Kiss fan in the world, I have to put my two cents in for they being snubbed again for induction in this so-called Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The RARHOF is a joke. Plain and simple.

That's all the opinion this warrants on my part. Peace.

Guest evenflowDDT
Why all the Cheap Trick hate?

Beats me. They're just as pop as The Police ever were (never fear, I like The Police too)...

Guest evenflowDDT
The RARHOF is a joke. Plain and simple.

Maybe so, but it's still a nice feather in your cap, and recognition for something... I dunno, what are the qualifications to get in the R&RHOF, and what exactly is it? Just a wall with a bunch of plaques, or an actual museum with biographical info on the band and memorabilia and such?

And since this is fast becoming The One and Only Who Got Snubbed From the R&R Hall of Fame list, I don't think Alice Cooper is in either, and he probably never will be.

Guest Kinetic
And I always thought Halls of Fame were for art forms that were dead. There's still plenty of good rock out there, no matter what crap you hear on the radio or see on tv or in magazines...

Tell that to every major sport in existence. Even the WWF has a fake hall of fame.

In my view, they basically induct bands on the basis of actual musical merit and not the fact that they sold 400 million records and sold out the Tokyo Dome because of a cheap gimmick. Then again, you do have to have attained a certain level of popularity--even if it is mostly posthumous, i.e. the Velvets--to get in there. And, you know, I guess I do sort of oppose this corporate structure designed to honor rock music, which idealistically is opposed to that sort of suit-and-tie mentality but still. If they're going to have a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, they might as well induct the right people and I can't argue with most of the decisions they've made.