TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RandomMallChicksRule

Our Lady Peace

Guest RandomMallChicksRule

What's up?

I recently heard a few songs by Our Lady Peace and I like their sound. I like a few of their songs like Not Enough, Somewhere Out There, and Life. I was wondering if you could recommend some other of their tracks to listen to.

Thanks

Later...

Guest redbaron51

what you have heard was shit.

Check out these songs instead:

Superman's Dead

Naveed

Starseed

Clumsy

Automatic Flowers

4 AM...

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop
what you have heard was shit.

You didn't like Gravity? I thought it was pretty good, myself. Not as good as previous OLP efforts, but pretty good nonetheless.

As for recommendations, basically what's been listed so far, plus "Annie", "Is Anybody Home", "Innocent" (if you haven't heard it yet), and "Middle Of Yesterday".

Guest Lord of The Curry

Naveed is far and away their greatest, followed by Stealing Babies, Julia and In Repair.

Also, check out "Blister" on the "Happiness is a fish you can't catch" CD. That's what they call a hidden gem.

Guest snuffbox

Id also recommend finding a live bootleg of their cover of Neil Young's Needle and the Damage Done. They twist the song just slightly to make it their own that night, its really quite cool. I have an immense respect for Neil Young so I was a bit weary of an OLP cover of 'Needle' but I was definitly pleasantly suprised. You all should check that out if you havent allready.

Guest snuffbox

Paragon of Virtue, would you rather Canada be known for the greatness which is Nickelback? ;) At the very least there is some strong emotion and meaning behing OLP's music. And Canada gave the world Neil Young, an absolut god of music.

Guest starvenger
I hate these guys. I also hate the fact that when most Americans on TV or something think of Canadian music, these fuckers pop up. Ah well.

Really? Never heard of that outside of Buffalo and Detroit.

Anyways, "Clumsy" is top-to-bottom their best album, although they've had stronger singles on other albums ("Naveed","Is Anybody Home?" spring to mind). "4AM" is probably my favourite song from "Clumsy".

Guest redbaron51
Paragon of Vitue, would you rather Canada be known for the greatness which is Nickelback? ;) At the very least there is some strong emotion and meaning behing OLP's music. And Canada gave the world Neil Young, an absolut god of music.

If you said that a few years ago, I'd agree, but their new album is just some generic rock album.....way to go Bob Rock, you fucked up two bands right now...

Guest subliminal_animal

Who the hell is Bob Rock? A mean name you call Kid Rock (which is a dumb name in and of itself)?

Guest KingOfOldSchool

Bob Rock is the guy who produced all of Metallica's albums from "Metallica" and on.

Guest Lord of The Curry
I hate these guys. I also hate the fact that when most Americans on TV or something think of Canadian music, these fuckers pop up. Ah well.

I still find it hard to believe that Serena Williams digs these guys...

Canada SHOULD be known in the USA for the Tragically F'n Hip but people are stupid like that.

Guest converge241

Naveed is awesome

they are very good live too saw them open for Van Hagar locally (Massachusetts) and in Chicago