TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

RAW 6/30/03

First off this may turn in to a rant, but it could also spark for some good feedback for people's bitches, gripes, mones, or praises of last night's RAW.

Now this has got to be the worse Raw I have seen in a while. Let's start at the begining. A 15 minute segment to set up a 7-8 minute match that nobody cared about. The best thing that came out of this segment was Jericho calling Stiener King Aurthur.

Next we have Goldberg/Storm with Mack getting squashed and he isn't even part of the match. Storm runs. WOW! Most pointless segment in recent RAW history.

Let's not forget about the first of many boring pointless Kane backstage segments. They all sucked.

Then the female battle royal, or "blown spot royale'"Yet another pointless match that had an even more pointless ending. I know Kim is a bad bitch and all, but giving her, and yes I said giving her the belt on her RAW debut is just mind boggling.

Now somebody please tell me what the point of the first part of the Booker/Christian match was. Oh wait, it was probably to kill time until commercial break. Then we got a boring match.

Then we had that horrible match that everybody and their grandmother knew the script to before the wresters even came out. Another pointless match.

Npw Rico doing his Adrian Street inpression is funny, but nobody from this generation gets Street or even knows who he is. The match was good, but the crowd reaction killed it. JR even made a comment.

Orton/Dreamer. Now this is the first time we have seen the Evolution all night. That sucked. At least have Flair talk some shit about de-masking Kane or something. Oh, and this match was also pointless and boring.

I won't even comment on that horrible tag match. Oh wait, I will, POINTLESS!

The main event was ok. HHH worked on RVD pretty good, Flair style, but the match was once again pointless. As was the ending.

You would thing with a couple of months to wotk with the creative team and bookers could come up with some goo storylines to work on until the next ppv. But no we get pointless, stale, boring episodes of RAW to fill up time instead. Good job Vince!

EDIT!-There was also no Austin! :angry:

Guest Dangerous A

You might want to edit the post title because it reads 5/30/03 instead of 6/30/03.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Not to mention the announcing sucked.

I couldn't get through the show... I was just waiting for the first "boring" chant to get started so I could feel a bit of satisfaction in knowing that once again, there was a chicken in that egg and it didn't need to hatch for 90% of this forum to know it... But why do I get the feeling that this won't let that 10% of the people stop from saying "wait to see where ____ goes" the next time something shitty happens??

Guest Lord of The Curry

Maven vs Rico was good? The crack in Jackie Gayda's pants was more entertaining then that fuckin waste of time.

Not to mention the announcing sucked.

I couldn't get through the show... I was just waiting for the first "boring" chant to get started so I could feel a bit of satisfaction in knowing that once again, there was a chicken in that egg and it didn't need to hatch for 90% of this forum to know it... But why do I get the feeling that this won't let that 10% of the people stop from saying "wait to see where ____ goes" the next time something shitty happens??

Yeah I talked to an admin about changing the title.

Oh and there was a boring chant. I think it was during Rico's match.

Maven vs Rico was good? The crack in Jackie Gayda's pants was more entertaining then that fuckin waste of time.

Who said it was good?

Guest Dangerous A

I was only following the show through the net. I have the tape though. Is this one of those embarassing Raw's where I have to see it to believe how bad it is?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

There was that one guy who kept trying to get one going (in almost every match) and he would have been successful in the Test match had it not been for Stacy, and there would have been one in the Rico match had it not been for the homosexuality... but it started up REAL good for the tag match with la rez.

Guest Creepy Crawl

I have to agree the whole show pretty much sucked ass . The crowd was just dead as hell as well as they should be . Most of the matches were stale and boring as hell . The whole Rico thing is just well ........ fucking dumb and no one could care less . As far as the Kane thing they drug it out that long to give us some real shitty views of his face and then only for a total of maybe 30 seconds . Yeah this RAW was definately pretty damn shitty .

Guest RavishingRickRudo

It's not "so bad it's good" it's "so fucking boring that you'll go insane". Maybe it was because the batteries died in my remote, but I got tired REALLY FAST after 10.

Guest Lord of The Curry

Who said it was good?

Who said it was good? Well wizard, that person would be you.

"Npw Rico doing his Adrian Street inpression is funny, but nobody from this generation gets Street or even knows who he is. The match was good, but the crowd reaction killed it. JR even made a comment."

Guest AndrewTS

"Then the female battle royal, or "blown spot royale'"Yet another pointless match that had an even more pointless ending. I know Kim is a bad bitch and all, but giving her, and yes I said giving her the belt on her RAW debut is just mind boggling."

Not really so much "blown" as slow. I'm possibly the biggest Gail mark on the board and this is about the last thing I'd do with her. I expected that she'd have a gimmick and cut a promo before even coming anywhere near the title.

Instead, they went a freaking battle royal. I HATE BATTLE ROYALS!! The winner just seems like he/she was lucky. At least in the Royal Rumble it's not a confusing mess all the time and the winner has credibility in the end.

I'm assuming since Jazz wasn't eliminated cleanly that she'll have to forfeit the belt back, but getting into the match, doing two spots and bumping a bit and winning the title right off the bat is lame as hell.

I have to agree and say Raw sucked donkey balls tonight. Just about everything was shitty and nothing good came out of it at all. The biggest problems:

Rico's gimmick ---- The overly gay thing is just stupid and more exxagerated then even Adrian Street. If he's trying to use it to get into the opponents mind then i'm sorry but it's already been done by a guy named Goldust.

Hurricane/Spike ---- Spike Dudley sucks ass and everyone knows it. A stupid pairing that can kill his heat completely if he teams with Spike one more time.

Booker T ---- Really now, how many times are they gonna fuck this guy over. He continously gets screwed week in and week out. Enough is enough already.

Jericho/Test --- Please keep chris Jericho away from Test and the tag match was horrible. So, is Steiner feuding with BOTH Jericho and Test now? It doesnt make sense.

Screwjob Endings --- Maybe one is ok, but cmon, how many of these did we see tonight. One thing that bothers me is no heel can seemingly win clean.

Fuck it I really didnt like anything about Raw. It was so jumbled up that it looks like it was put together at the last second.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

The women looked totally clueless. It was funny, actually cause you could see them cut the ring in half and let "the match" take place on the right side of the ring and "the rest" take place on the left. It was just them doin what I say they do... _pretending_ to be wrestlers.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

JR talking about how Booker has been screwed so many times _by Christian_ out of the title and completely ignoring that whole World Title tour he was doing just a few months ago at Wrestlemania and basically saying that 5 WCW World Titles =/= 1 IC title continues to prove that JR is a complete and total fucking moron.

Hey, speaking about completely forgetting about things; why are Test and Jericho buddy buddy???

Guest CanadianChick
Hey, speaking about completely forgetting about things; why are Test and Jericho buddy buddy???

Heel Canadian Pride. After all, Canada day is tomorrow.

Duh.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

*slaps head*

Of course, all is forgiven on Canada Day. I mean, afterall our first PM was a drunk so really, our heritage is founded on forgetting what happened the other night.

The womens battle royal, I thought, came across pretty well. No, I'm not expecting a MOTY but in terms of starting off the show with something memorable - it did what it was supposed to do.

At first I laughed at the fact the WWE was putting Gail Kim on TV with no hype whatsoever. Yes, they had the little vignettes in previous weeks but it's not like they heavily hyped her debut being tonight - much as they did for Ultimo last week on Smackdown.

That being said, I thought it was a good move to put the title on her with the lack of hype - that way for the fans that didn't tune into the show might get the idea that the unexpected could happen at any moment and thus might tune in (at least that's the frame of mind I think the writers are going for). It reminded me of the HBK / Jannetty title switch on Raw in 93 that was completely impromptu.

Guest CanadianChick

Exactly! See, aren't you glad we got that cleared up? Jericho is such a patriot! He's teamed with 3 Canadians (Test, Christian, and Storm) in the last month, just to show his pride of his country. I have a tear in my eye just thinking of it.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

It's great how they are now using Jericho to get Test heat...

They used the Corporation, they used Steph, they used Trish, they used the Alliance, they used the Unamericans, they used Stacy...

Guest AndrewTS
That being said, I thought it was a good move to put the title on her with the lack of hype - that way for the fans that didn't tune into the show might get the idea that the unexpected could happen at any moment and thus might tune in (at least that's the frame of mind I think the writers are going for). It reminded me of the HBK / Jannetty title switch on Raw in 93 that was completely impromptu.

Marks don't a shit about the Women's Title. It isn't like the IC for Fake World Title changed hands. Besides, Gail's win will (and should) be Dustied away next week. I guess they didn't have time to do it tonight.

Nothing "big" really happened on the damn show besides Kane chokeslamming Bisch off the stage.

Guest AndrewTS
It's great how they are now using Jericho to get Test heat...

They used the Corporation, they used Steph, they used Trish, they used the Alliance, they used the Unamericans, they used Stacy...

I think you mean "try" to get heat.

Was Test EVER over except for the brief period with Steph?

Guest CanadianChick

Well, when he insults Stacy, he gets heat. So there you go.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

A meaningless title in a bad match? That means something? Err...

She should have came out _after_ Jazz.

Tonight's edition of RAW was MUCH better than last week's show.

- Jericho opened RAW with the Highlight Reel which was cool.

- Gail Kim won the title in her debut match, I was shocked. I hope Jazz is okay.

- Even the Hurricane got boring chants...ouch!

- RVD Vs. HHH was a good main event. I knew RVD was gonna get reburied, but the match far better than their match at Unforgiven along with the rematch back in December.

- Kane looked the evil Emperor from Star Wars from he first came out at the end.

- Eric Bischoff took a crazier bump than the Powerbomb Heard Around The World. I heard he missed the table. I hope he's okay.

- No HBK, no Nash, no Austin, AND Goldberg didn't have a match...was I in heaven?

- And Rico rules, but even I'll admit his previous gimmick as the evil fashion stylist guru was a lot better. At least he has Jackie (better than those fat Samoan guys). :ph34r:

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I kinda figured that everyone would _know_ that Test didn't get heat from all those things... which is why they kept trying again and again and again and again...

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Rico doesn't play the gimmick well - he tries, he tries really really hard, but it just doesn't work with him.

I think he's a great worker, its just hard for most ppl to look for at talent and to not look PAST the gimmick. :ph34r:

The Adrian Adonis 2.0 gimmick isnt working at all for Rico.........is there something in his contract that syas he HAS to have a gay gimmick in order to be in WWE