TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mrnoitaull

You wrestle?

I've always wanted to start my own Back yard fed ( minus the fire and barbwire) but college has made it a set back. Anybody out there participate in the glorious sport? if not no of any kick @$$ byard feds in your neighboorhoods. If so , do tell, like, where you live what makes them so tight , etc. do they actually use a ring?!

Guest Dace59

If you do backyard (Meaning, Wrestle without proper, offical and formal training)

You desever to get a broken neck.

If you break your bubbies neck, and kill him, or leave him paralised all the way down, how the fuck will you feel?

Oh, and being hit with barbed wire or a lightbulb tube is genreally LESS dangerous that say a suplex.

Guest Dace59

Listen here:

Trained wrestler have DIED from taking a Vertical Suplex wrong.

What odds does that give you?

And like I said, if someone hits you on the back with a load of barbed wire, it might rip your clothes, go into your flesh and make you bleed a bit, but that's it really.

Someone backdrops you, you land wrong, on your neck, bye bye, paralised from the neck down, or DEAD!

If you do it untrained your... just asking for it.

This is not input, it FACTS you should follow if you want to life, and are intelligent.

If you're not intelligent, please that selected evoultion take it's course.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I wrestle, well I'm training, and have my first live match tonite! It's me vs my trainer and I'm going over with a SSP. I'm exited. Any advice.

Guest Dace59

Good luck man.

Keep it simple, go with all the moves you can do well.

Just let him take control if your unsure.

Don't worry to much about ring psych and stuff if you dunno how to use it.

Just sell his stuff well, make it look good, but dont over do it.

Have a decent set up move that keeps him down long enough for the SSP.

And dont pull a Busa/Brock on the SSP. Hehe.

Guest areacode212

It sounds pretty dangerous to be doing an SSP in your very first match.

Guest Dace59

It's his first live match.

If he's had enough matches in training, and practice at it, he should be ok.

If you get nervous, just change it to a 450 or moonsault.

Or ever more down to some ground impact move.

I have trained for almost a year. And a regular SSP is simple compared to the corkscrew SSP I hit. [once] My trainer said I was the best of my class, I'm also the youngest. My compulseive tape watching has paid off.

Guest Dace59

I'd watch out with the Corckscrew SSP, but cool if you can do it.

How old are you anyway?

A year sound a good training peroid, you should be fine?

Got any spots? If not, what's your move list, and I'll give you some, if you're bored.

I'm almost 16. We actually have thematch pretty much laid out. I'll write it out if you are interested.

Guest ShooterJay

I ask this of everybody I know who just started wrestling: Where were you trained?

Right now, the timetable for me is to start training in 2-3 years. The summer after my junior year of college at the earliest, after graduation at the latest. This summer I'm starting a savings account (which will remain a secret) to pay for wrestling school.

Just asking so I can compare stories with other training schools I've heard about.

Guest Dace59

Young then. It's good or bad, depend on where you look at it, on the whole gaining both experience and injuries.

Write it if you want, I'd love to have a look.

local guy is training me.

the major match story is that I am useing flashy moves, needless flipflop high risk etc. and Jim, my trainer, is useing the old school holds, suplexes and stuff. No real heel face tho.

We start off with arm drags and he sends me off, I duck a clothesline and hit a rewind rana for two, frustrating him.

We lock up and he hits a drop toe hold and we work the mat with him locking me in all sorts of holds and me useing cool looking but hard counters that take alot more energy than normal.

We both get up and he hits a tackle that leads to a over-under sequence with me doing flippy stuff untill he drops his head for a back body drop, but I slide over him back to back, flipping, and when I land I hit a german suplex [aka the Blue Light Special]

I try a rana and get powerbombed, and he works on my neck, snapmares etc, setting up his finisher. He tries a clothesline but I back drop him onto the apron and send him to the floor. I then go up and hit a spacewalk, [my own special way of springboarding] palancha.

I roll him back in and we trade a few moves and hit the standard nearfall spot, and I hit a brainbuster setting up the SSP win. Post match we shake hands.

Guest Dace59

Sound all good to me.

Watch the stuff to the outside of course, and just do go for it if you're not totally upto it.

As for the holds stuff he'll be putting on, try to sell them, and dont sit around in them, scream like a bitch.

People that just sit on holds, then break out and no sell the holds really suck.

Ok, so it's your first match, and I dobut they're be big, real hard holds, but something to thing about.

I'd have some stuff before the over/under pin fall trading, to let you sell the effects of the hold.

But that's a smarks POV, just get though this, and think about more complex stuff with experience.

Guest Tim Cooke

LOL. Dace, move fanboy extrordinaire, giving advice on how to put a match together. Comedy at its finest.

Tim

Guest Lightning Flik

I wish you luck that your first match is extrodinarily a pleasing moment for ya LFV.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

For a cute spot, pick up a chair, fold it, and then get ready to swing. Then unfold it, place it down, and do a kick off of it, Sabu-style, into a headscissors to Jim. Make sure the chair stays in the ring, and (a little bit later) have Jim fold it and get ready to swing, showing frustration (while you, of course, are stumbling to your feet). Then Jim unfolds it, places it down, gets you in a sleeper, and takes a seat.

...yes, it's a blatant copy of the "sit on it, not use it" chair spot from Corino/Mahoney at ECW Living Dangerously 99.

Guest tank_abbott

One of the trainers here in Green Bay actually broke a students neck while showing him how to take a suplex... so...

Guest CanadianChick

TLFV, good luck man. Have fun and I hope your match goes well.

I plan on training in about 6 years. I made a deal with my mom: I have to finish university before I train. IT sucks, but the smart thing to do, so whatever.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

No wrestling background per se, morese MMA style in taekwando/aikido comps...

I've telegraphed wrestling matches pre se before, but theyre normally stip'd to be "pure wrestling" since i've no training in doing anything suplex-like in the slightest, and nor do I really care to ever be suplexed...

if you can imagine a form of an angle/benoit mat wrestling clinic laced with chops, kicks, punches, and grappling counters...

err...how do i explain a finisher...

facing opponent, knee to gut, left hand over back of opponents neck, lockin, drop down, kicking left foot out and with the right "striking" hard opponents left knee...his "neck" hitting my shoulder, roll over for three... in reality the move is so fast no one notices that his collarbone barely glances, at least not yet... its not a bad finisher

eh, thats about all i can say about that...ill echo any sentiments everyone has on backyard shit...dont do it...its dangerous

shit, me doing "choreographed sparring" of a mma variety is dangerous enough w/ gloves and padded boots on...and ive studied eh? many years?

It went great. I actually drew heat! Played the "young punk" in the mic. J was all you need to show some respect. I say your just jealous, crowd cheers, I say I'm better than you too! Boos can be heard priceless.

Guest Lightning Flik
It went great. I actually drew heat!

LVF if you actually drew heat on your first night and had a good match, then great for ya.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

The sheer logistics of Cooke and Dace speaking to each other boggle the mind.

And hey, nothing like pissing off the crowd to get them to pay attention. Well done.