TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

L.O.D signed with the WWE evidently

Guest Trivia247

Thanks to Carl Langlois for sending the following:

Pierre Carl Ouelette was on In The Ring radio in Montreal and he said that its official that the Road Warriors will sign with WWE. It's just a matter of weeks that we should see them. Pierre talked to them today about their match May 10th in Montreal and they told the Rougeaus it is official. To here the interview go to www.intheringradio.com.

Guess it will be Animal's turn to pretent to try and commit suicide

Guest Human Fly

I hope this is not true. Pierre could be mistaken (hopefully). As many dumb things that the WWE has done lately, I still can't believe this until I see it with my own eyes.

Guest NoSelfWorth

Let's start a pool on what will be sold first: A move performed on Hawk, or a ticket based solely on the face that the Road Warriors are on the card.

Guest razazteca

So I expect the LOD to go to the retirement home of wrestling know as RAW?

Guest Lil Naitch

Why oh why? Hey, if they go to Smackdown!, maybe Animal can jump off the fist...

Guest IB2BLACK

I read that same report, and later it says, they are getting a dark match or tryout. Who knows?????????????

Guest RepoMan

Great, they'll get the 1st name out pop and Vince will feed Team Angle to them.

Guest Youth N Asia

Great, cause they put on such high quality matches years ago, I can only imagine they've gotten even better [/sarcasm]

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

PEOPLE STOPPED LIKING THEM TEN GOD DAMNED YEARS AGO!!! STOP THIS BULLSHIT NOW!! FUCK!!

I can't help but get upset over shit like this because it's like watching someone that you love keep hurting themselves. You watch them fuck up and fuck up and you know that eventually they will meet their end. You hold out hope that they can change, but in your heart of hearts, you know they won't. I stopped watching wrestling regularly about a year ago. I hope a year from now, the WWF is still around for me to have the option of watching.

Guest Kid Kablam

Part of me is actually enjoys watching Vince slip into madness, even if it does come at an expense. I dunno, it's like I want to see just how low he can slip before he hits rock bottom. Can Jim Hellwig be far behind? Oh that would be interesting.

Guest Downhome

Fuck it, I'll mark out like a bitch when I see them on my TV. I just read a report at 1wrestling which said they have basicly already signed, and will be having a dark match soon as well.

I haven't seen them in a few years, so I have no clue what the can do in the ring right now, but I'll still mark for them.

Just watch, if they come in, we'll see a Road Warriors/Steiner feud, with the returning Rick Steiner! :D

Guest Downhome
Can Jim Hellwig be far behind? Oh that would be interesting.

I am 100% behind the signing of Jim "The Ultimate Warrior" Hellwig, but NOT in a wrestling posistion. I would like to see him signed, and then used only as Naked Median. Just have Warrior's music start out of nowhere at random times, have him run out to the ring, do his deal with the ropes and everything, get out of the ring, and just run to the back.

That would be the greatest thing ever.

Guest Youth N Asia

I bet with all these old names coming back you have guys like Tugboat and Hillybilly Jim just waiting by the phone hoping Vince will call.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

Maybe Vince will try and sign Barbarian and Warlord to feud with LOD!!

Guest Anglesault

Good job, Vince. It's not like you ran an O.L.D. gimmick FIVE YEARS AGO.

Guest FeArHaVoC

And slowly my passion for Wrestling keeps fading.

What the Fuck is wrong with Vince?

They seriously need to get Jericho, RVD, Christian, Booker and Storm on Smackdown and send all the dead weight over to Raw and let it be work rate Vs "entertainment."

Guest Retro Rob

I thought the company needed to cut costs... then again, I doubt LOD is asking for much at this point.

Oh, come on, this is wrestling. Nobody remembers anything from THAT far back.

Guest El Satanico

Well, it's a good thing I have no problem with WWe trying to self destruct

Guest CanadianChris

Oh, come on, this is wrestling. Nobody remembers anything from THAT far back.

Then WHY THE HELL ARE THEY COMING BACK IN THE FIRST PLACE?????????????????????????

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Negative to LOD returning: they'll suck, not draw, & be pushed over the likes of Team Angle, the Guerreros, etc.

Positive of LOD returning: sponsers in Geritol, Ploygrip, not to mention a classic DVD of Road Warriors shit.

Guest Blue Bacchus

C'mon guys, Vince is only using the older guys (Hogan, Piper, Steiner, Snuka etc) to give rubs to the younger talent. LOD will be jobbed out to Team Angle on Smackdown. In LOD's defense, Yeah they're old and they can't keep up in a workrate sense, but didn't you find them entertaining once? Couldn't you find them entertaining again?

Guest AndrewTS
C'mon guys, Vince is only using the older guys (Hogan, Piper, Steiner, Snuka etc) to give rubs to the younger talent. LOD will be jobbed out to Team Angle on Smackdown. In LOD's defense, Yeah they're old and they can't keep up in a workrate sense, but didn't you find them entertaining once? Couldn't you find them entertaining again?

Nope, never found them entertaining. They were before my time, and by the time I saw them first wrestle I just flipped the channel when they were on.

Hogan's giving a rub to Brock Lesnar and...who? They ruined the Kurt Angle job the next SD, and remember that the PUT THE FREAKING UNDISPUTED TITLE on Hogan.

Sable's done nothing but annoy me.

Goldberg is beginning his "streak" anew.

Steiner only is being used the way he is because there is nothing better than can do with him.

The Warrior is going to come back, isn't he? I just f***ing know it!! Of course, HHH will demand his job from WMXII back.

Guest CanadianChris
In LOD's defense, Yeah they're old and they can't keep up in a workrate sense, but didn't you find them entertaining once? Couldn't you find them entertaining again?

I found them entertaining -- FIFTEEN YEARS AGO -- because they were believable badasses and cut killer promos. You could look past the lack of workrate because it didn't matter as much in their matches. Neither of those are true now, and they haven't been for years. Ergo -- unentertaining.

Guest El Satanico

What on earth leads anyone to believe that Vince is using these old guys to put young guys over?

Other than Lesnar what "young lion" has recieved a "rub" from the oldies? Piper and Hogan are there to put over Vince's ego now.

Guest Trivia247

well think of it this way guys.

When Sting comes back and he wrestles no one will notice his age...

nor will the LOD

and why....

Because both Sting and the LOD unit never had a quick impressive moveset, so them slowing down and doing basic moves is what the fans are use to anyway.