TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Baseball Preview for Tuesday

Minnesota @ NY Yankees

1pm ESPN

Johan Santana (12-3) vs. Mike Mussina (17-8)

This series really doesn't look good for the Twins. They're 0-7 against the Yankees, and they open up the series in Yankee Stadium. Plus the Yankees' run differential is 100 runs better than the Twins. They'll need to count on Santana's best pitching to win this game.

Florida @ San Francisco

4pm ESPN

Josh Beckett (9-8) vs. Jason Schmidt (17-5)

The Giants hold the NL's best home record, and they have quite possibly the best starter in the NL on the mound. Beckett for his part dominated in September. Good game between two premier pitchers.

Chicago Cubs @ Atlanta

8pm FOX

Kerry Wood (14-11) vs. Russ Ortiz

Oh joys of joys, a game on fox! Please note that from this point forward, I will no longer capitalize fox, even if it begins a sentence. The Braves outscored their opponents by 167 runs, and the Cubs by only 42. The Cubs however have a starting two that should keep them in any game. The Braves should have a slight edge thanks to home field advantage and their league leading offense (they even outscored the Rockies this year).

Please note that from this point forward, I will no longer capitalize fox, even if it begins a sentence.

Very appropriate. The day they lose the MLB contract, I shall celebrate, especially if MLB inserts a clause that says the new network is prohibited from hiring Tim McCarver.

I cannot WAIT for the Cubs game, though. That's the series that most interests me.

At least he's an intelligent pompous asshole. McCarver's just an idiot. All things considered, I'd rather have Vin Scully, Harry Kalas, etc.

In any case, a network besides fox might actually FOCUS ON THE GODDAMNED GAME.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

McCarver is bad. Morgan and Miller are the worst. Morgan thinks he knows why every play happens, and he indeed tells us. And about 80% of the time he's completely wrong.

Guest Choken One

You'd think a announcer of his playing calibar (morgan) would know what the hell he was talking about...but it seems as if all those years in Cincy, he learned nothing.

Guest Smues
Kerry Wood (14-11) vs. Russ Ortiz

Probably just forgot, but you posted everyone elses record besides Ortiz. He's 21-7.

^Not really.The media sure seems to think everyone wants that matchup though. Just to screw with Fox. I hope Atlanta, Florida, Minnesota, and Oakland advance.