TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

'Dog The Bounty Hunter' Arrested

MSNBC has learned that U.S. officials have arrested TV reality star Duane "Dog" Chapman and two family members for extradition to Mexico.

Chapman's wife told MSNBC's Rita Cosby that heavily armed U.S. marshals arrived at the family's house today and took away Chapman, his brother, Tim, and son, Leland.

Cosby said she was told that Mexican government officials wanted the three men sent back there in relation to a three-year-old case.

In 2003, the Chapmans went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to retrieve Max Factor heir Andrew Luster, who was wanted in the U.S. on rape charges.

Luster is now in jail, serving a 124-year term, but at the time, the Chapmans were also jailed by Mexican authorities for a brief time three years ago.

Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

At the time, the Chapmans were charged by Mexican authorities with illegally capturing Luster. The three returned to the United States after posting bail of their own.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/9850095/detail.html

Well ok then, I guess this will turn into a jurisdictation deal. But could this mean Lester gets off on a techincality now? It sounds like a load of crap if you ask me. I never understood how someone could flee a country and live life as a free man.

But the law is the law and they broke it. I don't know what the penalties are but guess they'll have to deal with it for doing what they are paid to do.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

I hope the rapist doesn't get away with his crime because of this, but I'm not a fan of bounty hunters and strongly dislike Dog's show.