TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

HD: Queen Esther promo

Anywhere else in the world it would be considered strange. In the hallways backstage at the OAOAST though? Dressed up in her light blue ballgown, Queen Esther scuttles her way around in a tizzy, passing normal people who are dressed normally, acting normal. Making Queen Esther look even more out of place than she is. In the OAOAST, this is normal.

QUEEN ESTHER
Oh, this is terrible. Just terrible.

As the Queen scuttles around flapping her hands, Josh Matthews appears, giving Esther a start.

QUEEN ESTHER
OH!

MATTHEWS
Are you okay?

QUEEN ESTHER
Good heavens, you appeared from the very air that surrounds you!

MATTHEWS
Actually I just came out of the bathroom. Door's right over there. Anyway, why are you so flustered? Is there a problem?

QUEEN ESTHER
Why, there most certainly is. Problems aplenty! Oh, I have been suffering from great sadness all week. Twas to have been a night of great jubilation, but it has all gone wrong! This is not how it was supposed to have been. No no no, it is not. My noble Scottish Kings were to have progressed on to the main attraction of this fine, ancient tournament named in honour of Sir Anderson of Minnesota. But, oh... woe! WOE IS ME! For my Kings were defeated, by two young ladies. Oh, they messed it all up for me. They ruined it all, all of my hopes and dreams, left in tatters!

MATTHEWS
Well, Krista and Alix... they'll do that to ya.

Queen Esther gives Josh a funny look, as if not sure what he's talking about.

MATTHEWS
Are you okay?

QUEEN ESTHER
I'm fine. I must go, for my heart needs time to heal.

MATTHEWS
Uhm, before you go, have you got any thoughts about the upcoming King Of The Ring tournament?

Again, Queen Esther gives Josh one of those "what are you talking about" looks. It's amazing how someone walking around a sports arena in a ballgown and tiara can look at someone else as if [i]they're[/i] the crazy one.

MATTHEWS
The King Of The Ring. February 25th. You didn't know about it?

QUEEN ESTHER
There is to be a King crowned! Oh, my word, then I really must go and prepare myself! Oh, this is the most wonderous news! A competition to find me a King! How marvelous!

MATTHEWS
Uh, actually... I don't think it's [i]for[/i] you.

QUEEN ESTHER
Oh. I see. Well. Then, I of course applaud the OAOAST for embracing the paegentry of royalty. I hope they shall find themselves a fine King. Although, of course, royalty and nobility like mine is not something you can merely 'win'.

MATTHEWS
Of course.

The Queen stands around for a few seconds, not realising her interview is over, before she marches off, a bit perturbed.

COLE
Oh dear. Do you think the Queen is feeling a bit threatened by the prospect of a King being crowned in the OAOAST?

COACH
She's got other things on her mind, Michael. Like what happened a couple of weeks ago.

COLE
Well Chicks Over Dicks did beat the Queen's team, Danny Boy and Scottish Scott, two weeks ago. And Krista and Alix will be going to the Anderson Cup Final on February 25th, at the Nerdly Spectacular, taking on The Heavenly Rockers. That should be something.

Sign in to follow this