#2 New Jersey vs #7 Milwaukee

#3 Indiana vs #6 Boston

#4 Philadelphia vs #5 New Orleans

WEST

#1 San Antonio vs #8 Phoenix

#2 Sacramento vs #7 Utah

#3 Dallas vs #6 Portland

#4 Minnesota vs #5 LA

There should be definately some great first round series here. So who do you guys think we go on to the next round?

Guest Space_Cowboy

I say the top 4 seeds in each conference will advance to the second round, though it wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers continued the Wolves 'lose in the 1st round of the playoffs' streak.

That said, i'm just happy Portland won't be playing the Lakers in the playoffs for the millionth time. Now instead of choking against LA i can watch the Blazers choke against Dallas instead, though if Portland were going to beat any of the top 4 Dallas would be their best chance.

Guest Lethargic

Man, you gotta feel bad for Minnesotta. When it looked like they were getting home court against the Blazers, I really thought they'd win that and finally get past the first round. Now....they get the Lakers. They might as well go ahead and make their vacation plans.

What I'm still not clear on is if the first round is best of 5 or 7. I remember they said they were GOING to announce the change but I never heard them actually do it. Did they make that change? Is it best of 7 this year?

I think all the top seeds will win all these series except for the Lakers beating the Twolves.

Guest Vern Gagne
#4 Minnesota vs #5 LA

Damn Portland. This is terrible luck for the Wolves.

This one's for you Rasheed, Bonzi, and the rest of the potheads.

:firing:

Guest razazteca

I fear the T-Wolves could be the finals in the West and the Spurs did have trouble with that team during the regular season, it could go the full 7.

In the East well Nets vs Pacers in the finals it will go 5 games with the Nets advancing.

Guest Bosstones Fan

You heard it here first: Orlando pulls off the upset over Detroit. McGrady is that damn good.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to go ahead and pencil in a Lakers/Kings rematch for the NBA title. Joy.

Thank God baseball season is rolling now. At least I won't be forced to pay attention to the NBA.

Edit: spelling

Guest Johnson1620

Of course nobody will beat the Laker's in a best of seven series. That just kind of makes it unfair when you're that good.

But I ain't complaining.

But I think Orlando is upsetting Detroit also, by the way. The Nets will take the east and get pounded by the Lakers in the finals again.

Guest Still Fly

Since Nobody has done it yet I guess I go with my first round predictions:

East

1. Detroit over 8. Orlando in 5.

2. New Jersey over 7. Milwaukee in 4

3. Indiana over 6.Boston in 7

4. Philly vs. 5. New Orleans in 7

West

8. Phoenix over 1 San Antonio in 7

2. Sacramento over 7. Utah in 5

3. Dallas over 6. Portand in 6

5. Los Angeles over 4. Minnesota in 5

Guest Polish_Rifle

#4 Minnesota vs #5 LA

Damn Portland. This is terrible luck for the Wolves.

This one's for you Rasheed, Bonzi, and the rest of the potheads.

:firing:

It's not Portland's fault. They did all they could but my Clippers finally started to reach their potential and ended the season on a strong 3 game winning streak (27 wins baby)!

Here's to hoping that Brand and Odom get resigned and the T-Wolves step up to the plate and finally rid the Lakers from the playoffs!

Guest Will Scarlet

EAST

#1 Detroit vs #8 Orlando - Pistons in 5. This series is strangely ironic. I mean, Orlando signed Grant Hill from the Pistons a few years ago to make them the next great team, but now he's basically finished. Meanwhile, the guy they traded for him, Ben Wallace, is pretty much the Pistons best player. And now the Pistons are the number one seed, and the Magic the number 8 seed. Talk about bad karma.

#2 New Jersey vs #7 Milwaukee - The Nets sweep the Bucks.

#3 Indiana vs #6 Boston - I say Boston gets it together and takes it in 7.

#4 Philadelphia vs #5 New Orleans - Tough call, but I will say the Hornets in 6 because I am more familar with their team.

WEST

#1 San Antonio vs #8 Phoenix - Spurs in 5.

#2 Sacramento vs #7 Utah - Kings sweep. Go Kings!

#3 Dallas vs #6 Portland - Dallas in 6.

#4 Minnesota vs #5 LA - The more conventional me says the Lakers will take it here, but I dislike the Lakers, and grew to like Garnett when I had him on my fantasy team, so I will go out on the limb here and say T-Wolves in 6.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
The playoff matchups:

EAST

#1 Detroit vs #8 Orlando

#2 New Jersey vs #7 Milwaukee

#3 Indiana vs #6 Boston

#4 Philadelphia vs #5 New Orleans

WEST

#1 San Antonio vs #8 Phoenix

#2 Sacramento vs #7 Utah

#3 Dallas vs #6 Portland

#4 Minnesota vs #5 LA

EAST:

Orlando over Detroit in 6

New Jersey over Milwaukee in 5

Indiana over Boston in 7

Philadelphia over New Orleans in 6

WEST:

San Antonio over Phoenix in 6...but I wouldn't be shocked if the Suns pulled off the upset.

Sacramento (2003 NBA Champs) over Utah in 5

Dallas over Portland in 5

All I can say is...Go T- Wolves!(While i'm not a T - Wolves fan, I am a K.G. fan. Here's to hoping they knock off the defending champs in the 1st Round... :headbang: )

EDIT: Like i've been saying since 98...Fuck Kobe.

Guest Bricks

Even though I'm a Laker fan, I feel real bad for the T-Wolves. Finally, it seemed like they'd get out of the first round... and then they get the Lakers. Well, the Mavs are probably happy.

Anyways...

Pistons, Bucks (UPSET!!!), Pacers, and Hornets in the East.

Spurs, Kings, Blazers, and Lakers (The Champs... Again) in the West.

Guest Crazy Dan

My first round predictions () = games that will be played

EAST

Pistons over Orlando (6) I gotta believe that McGrady can do so much. And with Wallace back, the Pistons become that much more tougher on defense.

New Jersey over Milwaukee (5) Unfortunately for the Bucks, Payton has not made their defense any better. And that spells an early exit for the Bucks.

Indiana over Boston (6) The East's most talented team should make it to the next round. With Hardaway this could be a Finals team for sure.

Philadelphia over New Orleans (6) Just because AI can carry a team on his shoulders and the fact that New Orleans is not that good.

WEST

San Antonio over Phoenix (6) This will be a tough series for the Spurs, who lost three times to this team. But the Spurs have been one of the best teams since the All Star break, and with Genobli becomming more of a factor, that should give the Spurs a trip to the second round.

Sacramento over Utah (6) This should be a dog fight till the very end. Utah palys the Kings very tough, but the Kings have too much fire power, and this will ultimately prove too much for the Jazz to handle.

Portland over Dallas (7) My upset special. Why? Dallas is picking the worse time to slump. I think that they have already peaked earlier inthe season. Also, Portland is a team that can beat you on any given night, or completely implode. But the Lakers win on Sunday showed me that they might actually be able to keep their heads on straight enough to take it to the Mav's.

Lakers over Minnesota (6) I think that this will be a close series of games, only because Minnesota is tough at home and no one on the Lakers can gaurd Garnett. Unfortuantely, no one on Minnesota can gaurd Kobe and Shaq, and this will ultimately be the Timberwolves downfall. And so the Lakers move on.

Guest Zero_Cool

Uhm guys...did they change the series' from 5 games to 7? I always remember it going 5-7-7-7.

Guest razazteca

It goes to 7 games now because the league knows that the Lakers will lose in the 1st round to the T-Wolves.

Guest cartman

Yes it is 7-7-7-7 now.

Nets will get by the Bucks in 6 games.

Detroit is going DOWN folks. Wallace isnt healthy and without him they aren't much of anything. Mcgrady in 5.

Celtics should 3-point their sorry asses out of the first round this year...but they wont. Pacers choke in 6.

Philly eats Hornets in 7.

Spurs burn Phoenix in 5.

Sacremento royally whoops Team Old in 4.

Dallas gets murdered (literally) by Portland in 6.

Lakers drown Garnett in 7.

Guest Polish_Rifle
It goes to 7 games now because the league knows that the Lakers will lose in the 1st round to the T-Wolves.

My thoughts EXACTLY. I think they made the change early during the season when the Lakers were in really bad shape and looked as if they were going to be in a dogfight to make the playoffs. I hope they lose. That is all of my playoff predictions.

Guest Vern Gagne

The Lakers had nothing to do with the change. The NBA offered the union the same deal at the beginning of the season, it took a better deal for the union to agree to expand the playoffs.

Guest Lethargic

Going to 7 games helps the better team. Seeing as how this change was made back when the Lakers were slumping, how would it be to help them? If you wanna give a lesser team a better change to win you make it a best of 3 series, not extend it.

Guest razazteca

Finley, Van Exel and LaFrentz will get the Mavs to the second round but some players like the stickman Shawn Bradley will eat a few elbows. If the Mavs can keep the score in the high 100s or more than they will win the series easy.

Guest Choken One

East

Orlando Over Detroit (6)- My Upset Special.

New Jersey Over Milwaukee (5)- Bucks have nothing that can stop The Nets

Boston Over Indiana (6)- The one crazy dude (forgot his name) will implode and cost his team the series

Philly Over New Olreans (7)- I say N.O is one year away from being a GREAT team...A.I is on a mission.

West

San Antonio Over Suns (6)- The Spurs have had trouble with Suns but I feel Talent and Expirence will win out for the Spurs.

Sacramento Over Utah (7)- The Best First round Series...It will be Malone and Stockton's final Hurrah with the Jazz to just make it even more special.

Dallas Over Portland (6)- Dallas will struggle but it's offense will step up here...

L.A Over Minnesota (6)- It saddens me to say, But Shaq and KOBE are too powerful in April.

Guest The Voices In Your Head

I'll take a stab at this:

EAST:

1. Detroit over 8. Orlando in 5 games

2. New Jersey over 7. Milwaukee in 7 games

[i'm very tempted to take my favorite team, the Bucks, in an upset. They've won 8 of their last 9, and won in their last trip to Continental Airlines Arena.]

3. Indiana over 6. Boston in 4 games

4. Philadelphia over 5. New Orleans in 7 games

WEST:

1. San Antonio over 8. Phoenix in 6 games

2. Sacramento over 7. Utah in 5 games

3. Dallas over 6. Portland in 7 games

5. L.A. Lakers over 4. Minnesota in 6 games

Guest Space_Cowboy

EAST:

Detroit over Orlando in 5

New Jersey over Milwaukee in 5

Indiana over Boston in 7

Philadelphia over New Orleans in 6

WEST:

San Antonio over Phoenix in 6

Sacramento over Utah in 5

Portland over Dallas in 6

Minnesota over LA in 7

Guest Lethargic

Has anybody elsed noticed that not all first round games are on national TV this year? Some of the games will only be on the NBA channel which all of 5 people get.

Game 2 of the Pacers series and the Pistons series and game 3 of the Spurs series won't be on. That's all I know of so far. But seeing as how the Pacers are the only team I care about watching, they really kicked me in my nuts.

Guest Vern Gagne

Who gets the NBA Channel?

One good thing about the Wolves playing the Lakers is all games will be on.

Let's get this thread pinned.

Guest Lethargic

It's on Directv but it's part of the sports package thing and I don't get that. I don't like the Pacers enough to actually PAY to see them. haha

Guest razazteca

The Celtics stole game one from the Pacers in the final minutes of the game when Jermaine O'Neal missed 2 shots and a stupid foul by Ron Artest which set up the last minute run for Pierce to win the game as he went 21-21 from the line.

Guest razazteca

Who says the Spurs are soft? Kevin Willas just got ejected from the game for throwing elbows at Scott Williams which had Williams knocked out for several minutes.

Guest Human Fly

Speaking of stealing one I don't know what else you would call what the Suns just did to the Spurs. A 3 at the regulation and OT buzzer to tie and win it.