TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

The One & Only 2003 NFL Draft Thread

Guest Flyboy

Well, the draft is tomorrow.

I'll be watching to see if Kliff Kingsbury gets drafted.

Guest the pinjockey

Well I'll be watching all 17 hours so I'll be around here plenty.

Between the mock draft, the NHL playoff thread, and presumably this thread tomorrow my post count is racking up in a hurry.

Guest Kingpk

Should be really interesting what deals go down in the next, oh, 12 hours before the 1st pick. I really wonder if the Pats will give up both 1st and a 2nd and 3rd for Detroit's #2 pick.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
Wonder who #1 will be...

With the first pick in the 2003 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select P Mat McBriar from the University of Hawaii.

Guest the pinjockey

One thing they really need to change is if you trade for a pick you get whatever of the 15 minutes is left, not a brand new 15. If you are trading up without knowing who you want you should be kicked out of the draft immediately

Guest phoenixrising

I'm curious to see where the UCLA players get picked. Ricky Manning and Mike Seidman are supposed to be mid-round selections, Saffer, Marcus Reese and Nate Fiske could eithe rbe late rounders or rookie free agents.

Oh yeah and I want to see angry Jet fans get pissed over the pick.

What time does the draft start? Need to set my alarm clock.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'll be watching the whole F'N thing.

I like to drink on the second day. We play a drinking game where you guess whether the next team is going to draft offense or defense...and then drink when you're wrong. At that point you have no idea where the teams are going...and the picks start coming faster and faster.

Guest the pinjockey

I love when they get to the 6th and 7th rounds and make sad attempts at updating the last dozen picks between interviews, conference calls, commercials, and analysis

Guest Vern Gagne
I'm curious to see where the UCLA players get picked. Ricky Manning and Mike Seidman are supposed to be mid-round selections, Saffer, Marcus Reese and Nate Fiske could eithe rbe late rounders or rookie free agents.

Oh yeah and I want to see angry Jet fans get pissed over the pick.

What time does the draft start? Need to set my alarm clock.

Remember Marques Anderson was a great mid-round selection for Green Bay.

There's no reason why Paul Tagliabue shouldn't be at the podium at 12:00 est, announcing the Bengals pick.

Guest the pinjockey

I can see waiting 2 minutes to let ESPN get all their introductions of people in

Guest Kingpk

They'll probably start with Boomer introducing Kieper and Co., then throw it to Tags at the podium to kick things off.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Just because it is a draft topic I'd like to say that the other teams in my division made stupid stupid moves today.

The Jets trade I think is dumb (which makes me happy...because I'd rather they only get one first rounder this year)

The Dolphins traded their second pick next year to the Pats for their third round this year...which I guess makes the Pats smart for recognizing that 2 is greater than 3 no matter when you get it.

But the Pats are trying to trade with the Lions and are offering a boatload. Both #1s and their #2. I read that the Lions also wanted the #3 but I get the feeling that this deal will get done for the extra #2 next year the Pats picked up today from the Fins.

Sounds good to me.

Guest the pinjockey

The Jets trade may work out if the pats do hop over them. If that happens the Jets get Rogers or Johnson which I think makes the trade worth it, I just don't think that highly of Robertson that they are all blowing loads over.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't think highly enough of anyone to trade away my two #1 picks to move up this year. That was my point.

That being said...I hope they all screw each other. Let the Pats take their DT and let the Jets take their WR. We'll work around it.

It just boggles my mind. I mean...is DeWayne Robertson really better to have than say...Jonathon Sullivan AND Taylor Jacobs...who the Jets probably could have gotten both of if they stayed?

Guest the pinjockey

I agree, with the D Line being the deepest part of this draft I dont see the need to blow your wad going after one specific guy who isnt really a world beater or anything

Guest the pinjockey

My biggest hope is that Andy Reid shows some balls with the picks this year. Instead of just seing who is there at the pick move up if there is someone you want.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Plus...I don't trust these guys who shoot up at the last minute.

I mean...shouldn't the biggest factor be how they played in actual games for the three or four years they were in college? I don't care how fast Terrell Suggs can run in a straight line! If your DE need to run 40 yards in a straight line you have bigger problems than how fast he can do it!

I agree, Robertson's ascent is unreal, especially since that fat signing bonus at #2 or #4 will buy a lot of food.

Do you think if Robertson goes at #2, do the Texans look at Rogers at all or stick with Johnson. I'd probably stick with Johnson since he has the size (230 lbs.) and the speed. (4.3-4.4) I believe.

Guest phoenixrising

It bugs me too. You're trying to tell me you'll kick a guy who's played hard for four years and produced to the curb cause he's a half-inch too short or runs a 4.5 40? And you'll take the guy who showed nothing his entire college career but suddenly pulls it all together for the combine? I can't pretend to understand the idea.

The Jets have to be hoping for the Pats to move up, since the Texans will probably take Johnson at #3. If Rogers and Johnson are gone there's really no reciever worth drafting until mid-first round, unless they want to take a big reach on Washington, or just wait till second or third. The reciever class is pretty deep this year. Same with tackles, which is why I'm wondering why NE feels it has to move up to 2 to get Robertson.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I really haven't seen enough of either guy...but since Houston probably counted on Rogers being gone I would think they've probably fallen in love with picking Johnson. They're probably the safest picks in the draft either way...but I like Johnsons size and speed combo on paper.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

God help you if the Jets get Charlie Rogers bps.

I'd like to make some comments on the draft, but I'm absolutly stunned that the Bears made an intelligent and well thought out move. I'll bet my left nut it was the Jets idea.

I also don't understand guys who suddenly shoot up the board, it's retarded. It's also the best way to pick out the busts. Explain to me how Robertson managed to become better than Kennedy over the summer. What did he do, grow? Get a brain transplant? It's not like the fact that he can do more squats than he could last year will make him a better tackler you know?

Overrated. (no particular order)

Robertson

Trufant (7th pick? my ass)

Palmer

Boller

Kwame Harris - what the fuck has this guy done to be a first round pick? "Uh, well, he's tall, he's kind of athletic". Oh, ok, great. Hey while you're at it, sign fucking A-Train before camp starts.

Underrated

Leftwich ("he hurt his leg". oh right. I forgot what a negative effect that will have on thinking and throwing a football, which is his job)

Newman (He should be top 5 and he won't be, it's idiotic)

Suggs (He should be top 5 too, if he's not it's ridiculous.)

I don't know really why I'm still awake, but he's my mock top 10.

Cincy - Palmer (Why? God why?)

Detroit - Rogers (If Pats move up and take Robertson, I will laugh heartily)

Texans - Johnson

Jets- Robertson (or Rogers, depending on Pats)

Cowboys - Parcells supposedly wants Kennedy. Saints could trade up for Newman.

Cardinals - Suggs (Cowboys will regret passing on him)

Vikings - Newman (and him)

Jags - Leftwich (and him)

Panthers - Trufant or Gross

Ravens - Trade down with Rams to get Boller. God only knows what Martz will do.