TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sly

Promo - "Back In The Saddle Again"

“Mr. Peters?”

The voice of Joseph Peter’s secretary buzzes in over the intercom in his office. It jerks him back to reality, as he had dazed into a half sleep-like state. Having his nap interrupted, Joseph is obviously angry.

“What is it now? I’m very busy in here!” Joseph says, shuffling a few papers around. “This federation doesn’t run itself, you know!”

“There’s someone here to see you sir. Should I send him in?”

“Who is it?” Peters says, reclining back into his chair once again before propping his feet up onto his desk.

“It’s Austin Sly, sir.”

“Oh is it…?” A smirk forms across the face on the commissioner. “You just send him right in, okay?”

…..

*Creeek… thud.*

The door to Peters’ office announces the arrival of the former Cruiserweight and USJL champion to the dimly lit office. From the looks of things, shadows are Joseph’s best friends. As always, Austin has his trademark black trench coat trailing behind him, with a black Punisher shirt on underneath and some loose blue jeans. He takes a seat across the desk from Peters before quickly pushing his hair back and out of his face. He grimaces a little as he looks across at Peters’ grin.

“I was told that you wanted to see me,” Austin says with a forced grin, “and I had some questions about this contract that you had me sign, as well.”

“I’m going to get right to the point here, Austin.” Joseph says, turning to search through his filing cabinet. He plucks a rather large file out and plops it down on his desk. “When I signed you to your contract to wrestle this last weekend at Battleground, I did so because I had the impression that you were a winner. I sent you into that match with the impression that you would help to bring higher draw numbers than we’ve been receiving, and while we can’t contribute anything to just one person…”

Peters looks down and opens his file. He pulls a single piece of paper out and slides it hands it across to Austin Sly before continuing on.

“… you can see that buy-rates were indeed up overall. And while they weren’t Genesis numbers by any means, they were still very good.”

“Why’d you book me in that match, Peters?” Austin says, tossing the sheet of paper back down onto the desk. “You know that I have a career outside of the SWF. I can’t be coming out here every night as a champion… having people gunning for me all the time. You‘re lucky I signed that contract to begin with.”

“I booked you in that match because you’re a natural draw, Austin. We need champions that people can connect with. I put you in that match because I had faith that you could take that title off of Akira!”

“Well you got your wish on that accord… Grendel is the champion now.”

“I’m not through with you though, Austin. Believe me, I will make you a champion.” Peters realizes what he’s saying and steadies himself again, “Austin, I don’t know if you’re aware of what’s in.”

“Should I care?”

“You’d better care. This is your employment file here at the SWF. In here, I have the result of everything you’ve ever done. From every physical examination to every match result, I know everything about you. I also know every bill that you charged to your personal account here…”

“What’s the point of all of tihs, Peters?” Austin says, getting noticeable testy.

“The point is, you owe me,” Joseph’s smile returns to his face. “I would think that a fine upstanding citizen such as yourself would hate for… oh… records of steroid use to be made public. I wonder what other nefarious spenditures you wouldn’t like to be known…”

“I have some skeletons in my closet…” Austin growls at the commissioner. “You’d be wise not to try and trench through them all.”

“You’d be wise to play nicely with me, Sly.” Peters bites back. “You’ve got a match with Bloodshed this week. You’re going to go out there and do your best to win that. We’ll see where we stand from there. Okay?”

Austin simply sneers as he stands up and leaves the office. Peters, thoroughly satisfied, simply leans back in his chair and props his feet up again. Out from the shadows steps the commissioner’s 7’2”, 360 pound head of security. He speaks softly, but direct.

“We’re not so sure about this, Peters.”

“You’re going to just have to trust me on this one,” Joseph says with a smile. “Everything is going to be okay…”

… fade …

I like it too. Janus' dual speaking habits are excellent, no matter whose promos he's used in. Plus Peters blackmailing people = teh win.

Sign in to follow this