TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

I got a new job

So I left my last job/was fired a couple of weeks ago and posted my resume on career builder and got called for a temp-to-perm job. Basically the company wanted the agency to send them someone that could train, do the job and be hired on within three months.

So the original job I was told about was a data entry job. There were three spots open and the insurance company wanted to bring in about ten people to interview and have the best three selected. So as I was driving home from that session, the agency calls me back and says there is another position with their sister company in the auditing department and for this one there is no interview because the company is trusting the agency with their judgement to send them someone good, they just wanted to look at my resume. Well they did and were happy enough with it so I just got called to start tomorrow. Training schedule for a week is Noon to Five and then the regular schedule is a swing shift 11:30-8pm. It will be kinda nice not to have to wake up early in the morning since I am not a morning person and the most trouble I have been in with past jobs is the fact that I never seemed to be awake fully until around noon anyway.

Anyways the job itself is processing online payments. Basically when someone makes a payment online, I am the guy on the other end uploading your payment and processing it.

We'll see how it goes. It doesn't pay too great, but the company said once I am hired on there is a significant jump in salary as I will probably be given more tasks/responsibility as long as everything works on during the probationary period(the first three months I am on the payroll of the temp agency)

Needless to say I'm pretty happy with the job as the requirements were, "Internet Savvy, very basic Word & Excel skills" LOL.

Sign in to follow this