TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Addy

Afroman...

Guest Addy

Well i've got "The Good Times" by Afroman playing at this moment, and it's actually suprisingly good.

I wonder if Afroman will release anything else or do you think he'll be remembered as the guy that done "the high song"?

Guest Mark4steamboat

*chases him on bigwheel.*

*realizes bigwheel is slow and gets his power wheels bigfoot*

its an okay album which is alot coming from me who basically doesnt like rap.

Guest Sebastian_the_Bastard

He ALREADY IS a one-hit wonder. The one song he had was kind of pimp for a couple weeks, then it got old.

Love,

Sebastian the Bastard

Guest evenflowDDT

Yea, I doubt he'll ever be able to live up to the popularity/success of "Because I Got High". But hey, stranger things have happened...

Guest Mark4steamboat

Well chumbawumba just put out their like 13th album and they are the biggest one hit wonders ever. Vanilla Ice changed his look and released a decent album. afroman will release some more albums but another huge song is highly unlikely.

then again i thought nelly wouldnt release another cd. and yes i have had crow for dinner for the last few days.

Guest saturnmark4life

The guy will not last, cos all his songs are the same, but if your drunk/stoned you find yourself liking them. Crazy rap more so than because i got high. and that was the SECOND single! I like retarded music now and then. Like some of eminem's stuff. Not a fan, but it's catchy and dumb.

Guest BottleRocket

It is hard to tell anymore. It all depends on how things are marketed and what the public has an appetite for at the time he returns with a follow-up. Pop success has as much to do with timing, label support, and luck as it does with talent and innovation.

If I were to make an educated guess, however, I would say that we'll never really hear from Afroman again. He had one crossover novelty hit that took a non-traditional path to the top-- not exactly the formula for a "career artist."

But, really, who can say? Maybe he will come back with an equally inane single that somehow manages to captivate audiences all over again. Or, perhaps, he will magically mature as an artist and surprise everyone.

Personally, I never pick one hit wonders correctly.

For example, I thought for sure that Sugar Ray would disappear after "Fly." The song seemed just tacked on to the record, it sounded nothing like the rest of the album or their previous release, and it featured a Jamaican deejay on the hook. Well, the band has managed to wisely ride that style and Mark McGrath's looks to the bank and make a little career for themselves.

Maybe Afroman will be rapping in a Pepsi commercial in 2005.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

The Crazy Rap video was funny as hell. Seeing Afroman Crip walk was the funniest thing I ever saw in my life. I enjoyed that video alot more than his first video, but I have only seen it on tv a few times. Luckily, the video is available for download on Kazaa and the other file sharing programs.

Because I Got High - Never really liked the song, but I could see why people did.

Crazy Rap - My favorite Afroman song, but probably because of the video.

She Won't Let Me - My roommates and I play this song in honor of one of our ex-roommates, so I kind of like it. There was a girl that he went down on, who wouldn't let him fuck, so we would play this song to be smartasses.

Hush- It's his album, e cna do what he wants.

Tumbleweed - Not a terrible song.

Let's All Get Drunk - I always forget this song is on the album, so take that for what it's worth.

Tumbleweed - This song isn't that bad and I could see people liking it.

Tall Cans - This song tickles me, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to.

Palmdale - I know this osng isn't supposed to be funny, but I laugh at it anyway. It's his biographical song and it's piss poor. The only thing is, it's so bad that I like it anyway.

Mississippi - This is another song that's not supposed to be funny, but I laugh at what he tries to do and the way that he does it.

American Dream - The outro is funny to me.

If Afroman does his comedy stuff, he can stay around, but he needs to work on the other stuff that he tries to do.

Guest evenflowDDT
Well chumbawumba just put out their like 13th album and they are the biggest one hit wonders ever. Vanilla Ice changed his look and released a decent album. afroman will release some more albums but another huge song is highly unlikely.

then again i thought nelly wouldnt release another cd. and yes i have had crow for dinner for the last few days.

Yea, but Chumbawumba had put out most of their material before, and if you've been to their website you'd see they really didn't care about making hits because they're actually a fairly political band (who would've thunk it?). That's why I think Chumbawumba is the exception to the one-hit wonder rule, because most one-hit wonders try once or twice more then vanish (Men without Hats, anyone?).

Guest Addy
The Crazy Rap video was funny as hell. Seeing Afroman Crip walk was the funniest thing I ever saw in my life. I enjoyed that video alot more than his first video, but I have only seen it on tv a few times. Luckily, the video is available for download on Kazaa and the other file sharing programs.

Because I Got High - Never really liked the song, but I could see why people did.

Crazy Rap - My favorite Afroman song, but probably because of the video.

She Won't Let Me - My roommates and I play this song in honor of one of our ex-roommates, so I kind of like it. There was a girl that he went down on, who wouldn't let him fuck, so we would play this song to be smartasses.

Hush- It's his album, e cna do what he wants.

Tumbleweed - Not a terrible song.

Let's All Get Drunk - I always forget this song is on the album, so take that for what it's worth.

Tumbleweed - This song isn't that bad and I could see people liking it.

Tall Cans - This song tickles me, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to.

Palmdale - I know this osng isn't supposed to be funny, but I laugh at it anyway. It's his biographical song and it's piss poor. The only thing is, it's so bad that I like it anyway.

Mississippi - This is another song that's not supposed to be funny, but I laugh at what he tries to do and the way that he does it.

American Dream - The outro is funny to me.

If Afroman does his comedy stuff, he can stay around, but he needs to work on the other stuff that he tries to do.

Nice breakdown of Afroman there :)

My opinions are as follows:

Because I Got High - Hated it when it first came out, but it kinda grew on me...

Crazy Rap - Great track! Probably my 2nd favourite on the album!

She Won't Let Me - Haha, funny track.

Hush - Dont really like this song.

Tumbleweed - Seems like it was a bit rushed to be honest

Let's All Get Drunk - Ahh, I like this one. Just easy to listen to and relax.

Tall Cans - Cool chorus. But the song drags on for ages.

Palmdale - Would you laugh at me if I said this my favourite Afroman track? Probably. It's a classic! With lyrics like:

"Graduate from school, dont make me laugh,

I got an F Plus in basic maths!" :D

Mississippi - Okay song. What's with all the cheesy choruses though?

American Dream - Nice way to end the album me thinks.

Come to think about, I only like 3-4 tracks ;)

Guest jimmy no nose

I think that with his style of rap, which I kind of like, he can only do comedy. He is pretty good at that, but some of the lines in Because I Got High that aren't in the video/radio version don't even come close to rhyming. Overall I think he may be able to get a few more hits, but not many and they must be comedy.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I don't think he will have another hit like Cuase I Got High. It seems like every summer, there is a song that is very simple and catches on big. I don't think there will be a repeat for Afroman because he hit it big with one song. I think it's a shame though because he's a funny guy.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus
I'm still amazed that he had a hit in the first place...