TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mindless_Aggression

Das some scary shit mang

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Here's another one that fucked me up:

Monkey Shines. I swear, I was almost scarred for like because of this movie. I was so disturbed by the movie that when I went to the zoo when I was 10, some lady walked up to us with a monkey on her shoulder(she worked there), I just screamed my ass off and ran out of the park.

Arachnaphobia is a favorite of mine, but the scene where the mother spider bites that doctor scarred me for weeks. I used to freak out whenever my mom used to tell me to clean out from under my bed or clean the closet out.

Se7en fucked with my head, as well. When I saw what the guy had in that box, my entire body just went numb and I couldn't sleep for a week. It was just that disturbing.

Guest C.H.U.D.
CHUD probably know this one.. but there was a movie about space slugs that got into your brain and controlled you.

Yeah, everyone else who responded is correct. The movie you are thinking of is Night of the Creeps. Great movie!

Guest Coffin Surfer

Iam sorry y'all but I was a big fan of the Chucky movies when I was kid. I actually cheered the little bastard on.

Anyway movie scenes that freaked me out as a kid or whenever. Most of these have been said before.

The Shining(Dead twin girls)

Pet Cemetary(The ghost of the isane Dead Sister with the spine disorder, now thats fucked up)

Parents(The Dream Sequence, it isn't pop up scary, just a slow surreal scene of a bloody arm frailing about it in a garbage disposal in a sink).

Lost Highway(The opening story is very unnerving and creepy as hell, why did David Lynch piss away the rest of the movie with a pointless subplot about a guy fucking a ganster's girl)

Evil Dead(Ash's giggling possesed sister sitting indian style in the doorway)

Guest dreamer420

has anyone actually gone back and watched a child's play movie these days. HORRIBLE is the only way to describe all of those movies with bride of chucky being the worst.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
has anyone actually gone back and watched a child's play movie these days. HORRIBLE is the only way to describe all of those movies with bride of chucky being the worst.

No kidding. I watched CP 2 this weekend and was laughing my ass off at how campy it looked.

Here's a total mindfuck of a movie no one has mentioned yet: In The Mouth Of Madness. This movie confused the hell out of me at first, but when I watched it again and started to understand some of the shit, it started to creep me out. My favorite scene had to be when the main guy is walking down the street with an axe, approaches the bookstore that has copies of his book on display and when some guy says something to him, the main guy lops his head off. Just awesome.

Guest dreamer420

one of the movie channels i have played the whole series throughout the nights of the week last week and i ended up catching probably more of the movies than i wanted to see. some shit is just too cheesy.

Guest C.H.U.D.

Just because the Child's Play movies are dated, doesn't make them go from being good to bad. They are still fun to watch. Bride of Chucky rocks, although part 3 is my favourite.

Guest dreamer420

i wouldn't say they were ever good. they were a little scarier as i was young but the movies, story, and acting have always sucked. there is something about a talking possessed doll though.

Guest Ravenbomb

The talk of Zombies got me to slap myself at how I could forget:

Dawn of the Dead. GOD I hate Zombies. It's like, there's never just ONE zombie, is there? You see one zombie, kill it somehow, and think 'oh, I must be safe' but noooooooooo. You open the back door to put the trash out and there's 8 MILLION FUCKING ZOMBIES!!!

And it was Ash's girlfriend, not sister. His sister was the one in the cellar.

About everything from the Pencil on was fucking scary in Evil Dead. Except that Ash got thrown into every shelving thing in the cabin. It's like he was saying to himself 'Shelves! GET 'EM!!!' or something. Everything else was scary.

My little cousin got scared from Pink Floyd's the Wall. I think it was the 'Goodbye Blue Skies' scene with the exploding dove and the zombies and such...

Guest Zack Malibu
Just because the Child's Play movies are dated, doesn't make them go from being good to bad. They are still fun to watch. Bride of Chucky rocks, although part 3 is my favourite.

The original Child's Play had the scariest premise because it was taken as a "suspense horror". That's why we didn't even see the little creep come alive till halfway through the movie. It made you wonder if Andy or the mother were just going insane.

Parts 2 and 3 were made to cash in on the "wisecracking killer" style, just like Freddy Krueger. Bride Of Chucky was probably more comedy than horror, and purposely played for laughs.

I like them all, but part 3 is probably the most entertaining. There's just something about a little doll going "Yeah...Chucky's gonna be a bro!" that makes me die laughing.

Guest bdolo

Texas Chainsaw Massacre scared me really bad as a kid.

I think most of the posters here were fuckin retarded as kids. For fuck sake when I was 7 or 8 years old I knew how fake shit like micheal myers or chucky or jason was. i mean they were constantly getting shot or stabbed or whatever and still came back, even when your young you should know the difference between reality and fiction.

But anyways, TCM was to real for me. The villians were actually human. Like when leatherface cuts himself with saw it actually does damage him,. he just does'nt shake it off like all other villans in horror movies. This is what really fucked me up, I was so used to seeing the villians get shot and stabbed and always come back so I knew that it was unreal.

Guest SupaTaft

There was supposed to be two movies made about the guy who all of the TCM and partly Silence of the Lambs movies were based off of. Ed Gein was a man in Wisconson or Minnesota who actually killed people and fashioned clothes and dinner and furniture out of people.

Sounds like my kind of guy! Great to party with I'll bet.

That said I am really looking forward to Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses" it is supposed to be the scarriest and freakiest movie ever. It damn well ought to be seeing as thats all the guy does in his spare time is watch horror movies and find out what exactly makes them scary. Coming out this Halloween.

Guest Ravenbomb

The only movie using the 'Unstoppable killer' thing that ever scared me was the original Halloween, and had no previous experience watching horror movies, so how was I retarted by being scared by it?

Besides, in Halloween, the damage that Micheal takes that he comes back from can be explained. When he gets stabbed twice?

time #1) Stabbed by a sewing needle in the shoulder, it's dark, someone who's pain is probably dulled what with the being crazy and all and they might could come back from it

time #2) Stabbed around the eye wasn't he? It was in a closet so there wasn't much room, it was dark, who's to say it was a fatal wound? Or even a near fatal wound? He could've just been nicked for all I knew.

The time he got shot six times I'll give you.

But Hell, I was 5, I still believed in Santa Claus, what did I know?

Someone being scared by a movie is hardly cause to call them retarded

Guest Vyce
There was supposed to be two movies made about the guy who all of the TCM and partly Silence of the Lambs movies were based off of. Ed Gein was a man in Wisconson or Minnesota who actually killed people and fashioned clothes and dinner and furniture out of people.

Sounds like my kind of guy! Great to party with I'll bet.

I can think of a couple movies.

There was one released recently called "Ed Gein" starring Steve Railsback. Don't get that one - it's pretty bad.

You want to get the 74 flick "Deranged" with Roberts Blossom in the Gein role. It's pretty damn good.

Guest TheDames7

I was about 5 years old when I was traumatized by the beginning of Friday the 13th Part 2. Seeing Jason's Mom's head in Alice's fridge was too much for me to bear at the time and I didn't watch the film again until many years later.

The first time I saw The Exorcist was on my second date with my ex in Nov 2000. She took me to see it, KNOWING that I had refused to see that film for years. Being the new edition with the whole "spider-walk", I "showed ass" on my second date as I was scared like a lil' bitch.

The Blair Witch Project creeped me out too. Shut up.

Dames

Guest C.H.U.D.
I think most of the posters here were fuckin retarded as kids. For fuck sake when I was 7 or 8 years old I knew how fake shit like micheal myers or chucky or jason was.

Uh huh. Sure you did.

Retard.

Guest Zack Malibu

While not necessarily scary, I love the ending to Sleepaway Camp just for it's sheer disturbing weirdness. I couldn't shake that freakin' scene from my head for weeks.

Guest Dmann2000

I saw John Carpenter's The Thing about 3 years ago, watched it at like 3am in the morning, and this was on DVD, lights out on a BIG Widescreen TV with a Dolby Digital sound system.

I didn't sleep that night and kept looking at my cat, waiting fo it to rip apart like that dog.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Eraserhead got to me a bit. Nothing really overly scary in it, it was just so fuckin bizarre.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Psycho was also partially based on Ed Gein.

I saw a bootleg unfinished version of House of 1000 Corpses. It was only about an hour long, but it was good, I don't think it will disapoint.

Guest TheDames7
While not necessarily scary, I love the ending to Sleepaway Camp just for it's sheer disturbing weirdness. I couldn't shake that freakin' scene from my head for weeks.

Word.

"Angela's" final screen shot, although its a wide shot creeped me the fuck out.

Dames

Guest TheDames7
Arachnaphobia is a favorite of mine, but the scene where the mother spider bites that doctor scarred me for weeks. I used to freak out whenever my mom used to tell me to clean out from under my bed or clean the closet out.

Considering that i have SEVERE Archnaphobia, I'd never see that movie or Eight Legged Freaks for that matter.

Last night, I went to bed and I actually had a dream that someone posted tons of pics of spiders on the board and it freaked me out.

Word of warning....I don't like to abuse my power whatsoever....but dammit, I WILL ban you if you do that!

Dames

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

While not exactly scary, that one Wishmaster movie where the guy wishes that his boss would go "fuck himself" had me laughing for weeks.

Guest MrRant
While not exactly scary, that one Wishmaster movie where the guy wishes that his boss would go "fuck himself"  had me laughing for weeks.

That would be Wishmaster 2. Great movies all three.

The other thing I thought of was of Creepshow 2 where the swimmers are like eaten by that black blob. Creepshow 1 with Leslie Nielson buring those people in the sand and letting them drown.

Guest dreamer420
That said I am really looking forward to Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses" it is supposed to be the scarriest and freakiest movie ever. It damn well ought to be seeing as thats all the guy does in his spare time is watch horror movies and find out what exactly makes them scary. Coming out this Halloween.

any reason for the delay? i thought this movie was due out last year.

Guest caboose

Did anyone ever see this kinda docu-film about the Alien Abduction of a family called the McCarthys?

Man that thing scared the bejesus out of me.

But is wasn't watching it, it was a few days later when I saw this strange red light outside at night.

(If you've seen it, you'll know what I'm on about).

Guest TheDames7
While not exactly scary, that one Wishmaster movie where the guy wishes that his boss would go "fuck himself" had me laughing for weeks.

I cried from the laughter during that scene. When I described it to a friend, he made an argument about how thats physically impossible. I'd love it if someone could post the clip.

Dames