TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GenerationNever

Things you hate about the forum

Guest GenerationNever

click here

This is a disscussion at the Vanilla Midgets, in the General Disscussion folder about things that are hated here at the Smart Marks forum. Which points do you agree and disagree with?

Guest bob_barron

I don'y have a problem with this board at all.

GenNever- I thought you hated the NHB folder.

Guest chirs3

1) People who register on the board with no other goal that to insult everyone (RobStone, One Bad Apple, Army Eye, Best Buy Team Member Since 2002 (thanks again BPS for ridding of him))

-----> Agreed

2) People who are basically like "if you don't like who I like YOU SUCK" or "If you don't agree with me, YOU SUCK"

-----> Haven't seen any this blatant, but agreed.

3) Whoever the fuckwad was who allowed RobStone to come back

-----> Agreed.

4) The NHB folder, because it basically promotes the prescence of trolls (Anglesalt (no u), genius, and others)

-----> Nah, I like the NHB folder.

5) people who won't take your arguments seriously just because you are a HHHater or an Angle Mark (75% of the board these days)

-----> Agreed.

6) people who stereotype the Angle marks, HHHaters, and the internet in general (once again, seems like most of the board nowadays)

-----> Agreed.

7) more and more trolls being allowed on the board

-----> I don't see too many, but agreed.

people who can't spell and don't know third grade grammar (I don't think I need to explain myself here)

-----> AGREED!

9) goodhelmet insulting me and AS for stating why we feel we would make good mods (even though I could really care less about it now)

-----> Didn't see this, but I like AS, so agreed.

10) people who hate people like Anglesault just because everyone else does (incadenza is the first one that comes to mind)

-----> Sure.

I don't pay too much attention, but if all of these are present, than I agree that I hate them. Or something... I think I just confused myself.

Guest RetroRob215
GenNever- I thought you hated the NHB folder.

He does and he wants it to go away, yet he posts in every thread. ::coughypocritecough::

Guest RetroRob215
No, I've grown to like it.

That's good. I was getting sick of all the "Nix the NHB Folder" threads. :)

Guest caboose

This board has definately gone downhill in the last month or so.

I don't get it.

Guest GenerationNever

Hey, I only started one. :P Anyways, back on topic. What does everyone not like about the board(besides anything related to the NHB folder)?

Guest dreamer420

this board is cool. the amount of hhh flaming and bitching is my only complaint as IMO a lot of people are just going along with what others are saying.

either way this is about my only home on the net so i'll be here for awhile.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

What do I not like about this board?

The bradshaw/hhh jokes..and the "Who would you fire?" posts that crop up every three days.

Guest Incandenza
people who hate people like Anglesault just because everyone else does (incadenza is the first one that comes to mind)

In both AS' thread requesting to be a mod and in the 'Ban Anglesalt' thread, I've given a lengthy, well-thought out explanation on my problems with Sault. I've also listed off a couple of things I like about him. So it's not like I hate him--I don't hate anyone. I resent being accused of griping about the man solely because other people do, just as I know Alfdogg doesn't like people blindly accusing him of being an AS asskisser.

However, I noticed Alfdogg's bitch list is dated a couple of weeks ago. I recall him saying to me in this forum that my AS complaints were legit, though I don't recall when that was. I made sure that everything I've said about AS is more detailed than "Anglesault iz a moron suks cok like a jackas."

Guest RobJohnstone

ah, a community where 90% of the population shits on me, great work. Really a great way to rpove a point. Also, shitting on Dr.Tom, are you kidding me, he is one of the best posters on here, always has something good to add to any thread, and makes valid staements EVERY time. I guess it's another shot at me, oh well I am only a troll

--Rob

Guest RobJohnstone

I would also like to add, if you have your own community over there, and you don;t like this one here, then why not stay THERE? Seriously, it's pretty simple, if you don't like what you see, don't look.

--Rob

Guest LesnarLunatic

just because people make complaints about the board means that they should leave it? Ooooookay

Guest Kingpk

I rather like this board. Anyone that actively hates something on an internet wrestling board where few of the posters will ever actually meet face-to-face and actually get to know the person, needs to get a life.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i dont actively hate the board, although i do actively hate some of the things the board has become. at the moment it is seemingly like watching the renaissance descend back into the dark ages.

Guest Austin3164life

1) People who register on the board with no other goal that to insult everyone (RobStone, One Bad Apple, Army Eye, Best Buy Team Member Since 2002 (thanks again BPS for ridding of him))

--Eh, I guess so. People insulting others is inevitable in any community, especially the internet.

2) People who are basically like "if you don't like who I like YOU SUCK" or "If you don't agree with me, YOU SUCK"

--You mean ignorant posters? I detest people like that too. Lack of open-mindness.....

3) Whoever the fuckwad was who allowed RobStone to come back

--He's not the only one who's ever trolled. And that's besides the point. People deserve second chances.

4) The NHB folder, because it basically promotes the prescence of trolls (Anglesalt (no u), genius, and others)

--No Holds Barred is witty and edgy which is interesting.

5) people who won't take your arguments seriously just because you are a HHHater or an Angle Mark (75% of the board these days)

--75% of this forum is a HHHater or is a supporter of the AWO or any group with Anglesault or guys who hate Triple H. It seems every argument ( to be taken seriously) has to have the point that Triple H holds down everyone and Angle is god.....

6) people who stereotype the Angle marks, HHHaters, and the internet in general (once again, seems like most of the board nowadays)

--These days on the internet, if you don't "hate Triple H" than you seemingly don't mind backstage "politics".....

7) more and more trolls being allowed on the board

--That I also agree on.

people who can't spell and don't know third grade grammar (I don't think I need to explain myself here)

--too many younger fans allowed on board

9) goodhelmet insulting me and AS for stating why we feel we would make good mods (even though I could really care less about it now)

--Not a part of it. Could care less really (no offense).....

10) people who hate people like Anglesault just because everyone else does (incadenza is the first one that comes to mind)

--Again, I'm not a part of that. I dislike some aspects of Anglesault for my own reasons....

The only thing I truly hate on thesmarks forums is that the quality of a poster is not looked upon. It's usually the quantity, and with that, how nice your sig looks, your avatar, certain quotes in your sig. The "Top 10" posters list is based on how many times you post. To me, that is the wrong conception of this forum. You shouldn't be looked at by how many posts you have. You should be looked at by the character, quality, depth of each post you produce. Post-whoring would be tremendously reduced that way. I truly feel that a thread made up of corny one-line jokes should be indefinitely erased (or moved to the NHB forum). I can post 250 posts a day if I want, probably in an hour, if they're all one-liners. I'm not going to shout names because I'm not trying to piss off anyone, but there are a LOT of posters who have 1000+ posts, and I can bet that 75% of them are consisting of one-line jokes. A forum is a place for intellectual debate about multiple topics. Hey, I've said one-liners before too, and they're funny sometimes, but not for every other thread. That is all......

BTW, I think this is a good thread.....the time for intelligent debating is returning.....

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i *so* totally agree with absolutely everything austinhhh4life said. he has eloquently surmised pretty much all of my grievances with the board. i also agree on the post count thing. now it has gotten to the point where some of the post counts are meaningless due to their being compiled through trolling. at one stage a high count generally meant a good poster, as the top 5 or so posters were tony, bps, kahran, goodhelmet, myself, BPP, CWM, etc. now however, people have trolled their way to very high posts, and now a high count means nothing. especially since everybody niced their post-related titles.

but alas i digress.

Guest RobJohnstone

Personally I don't think post counts have anything to do with the problems here. If people post whore, that is fine with me, I even do it sometimes, a fun little group over there in that thread. And to top that, there is a great minority community on this board (not racial minority, just a good poster minority). The wrestling aspect of the board is shit, but for the most part I like almost everyone I speak with in the general chat forum, lot's fo good threads, fun conversation. It's when wrestling gets involved and people talk about things as though it was documented fact, even though it is just rumor that has gotten this forum into the shitter. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

--Rob

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

My biggest problem is all the HHHating

And I'm serious.

When everyone else does it...it ruins it for me.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

exactly right bps. things like that are cool when it is an exclusive minority against the majority- like hhhating was at the start. once everybody does it, it becomes very vanilla, boring and repetitive.

Guest papacita
exactly right bps. things like that are cool when it is an exclusive minority against the majority- like hhhating was at the start. once everybody does it, it becomes very vanilla, boring and repetitive.

See, being a Chyna mark, I never have to worry about that happening to me! :)

Anyway...as to what I don't like about the forum...um...not much. The only thing I can think of that really bugs me are when there are 16 threads all and pretty much all of them have the same topic. Things like the Nash threads come to mind (I realize that his injury is somewhat of a major event, but really, do we need that many threads to talk about it?), then there are threads that are repeated every 2 or 3 weeks (i.e.- Best theme music, top 5 wrestler lists...etc). It's not too likely that you're opinions are gonna change that soon, so those threads are pretty much pointless. The best and worst match threads in General Wrestling bugged me, but I get annoyed easily (surprise, surprise), so I may be the only one. Other than that...love the board. I'd marry it, but Chyna would get jealous.

Bye now.

Guest Kinetic

The worst thing is all the repetition. Everyone knows what I'm talking about but it should suffice to say that Kevin Nash's injury doesn't warrant 38 different threads to rehash the same opinions. A lot of the topics posted here and in the General Chat folder are pretty worthless, too, but I guess there isn't anything that can be done about that.

Guest LJSexay

My main problem would be...

...getting the banned page when I click on that link, having never been there at all.

hmmmmmmm....

Guest Incandenza

My biggest complaint on this board was all those non-HHH threads in the WWE folder that kept turning into HHHate threads. That moment when a thread devoted to Perry Saturn became a breeding grown for snide comments about HHH holding people down caused me to snap. This doesn't seem to be such a problem now, fortunately

Also, I don't like knowing that trash has been said about me at least twice in the Vanilla Midgets forum--a place I have never stepped foot in until this thread here was started--when no one bothered to confront me with their problems on this board. However, I think any disagreement between Alfdogg and I has been cleared up, so I guess that's that.

Guest DrTom

"Also, I don't like knowing that trash has been said about me at least twice in the Vanilla Midgets forum..."

I rather expected it, actually. I knew it had been said before it was posted here (because I have eyes and ears *everywhere*), but I'm not surprised that a few tough guys started talking shit about people they knew wouldn't read what they were saying.