TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GenerationNever

Things you hate about the forum

Guest FakeRazor

I don't know what it is about this board, but I can never get into the groove of posting here regularly anymore. I like a lot of you guys and you put out some good discussions and stuff, but something just drives me away from this place. I mean, at first I didn't come here because I didn't like Ikonboard, but it speeded up and crap and now I actually like the whole layout. I think I just got lost in the shuffle and just can't get into it anymore.

Guest Just call me Dan

The repetitive topics drive me away at times. I'd love to be one of those guys who has thousands of posts and is loved by everyone, but there is no way to do that anymore because every thread already has most of my arguments covered, and the next thread is about a detail of one of the arguments already covered.

I could post-whore, but I don't feel worth a damn if I do that. I go up and down half these boards and honestly can't find many topics to reply to.

I stay out of most all of Angle praising (over doing it, not in general) and HHHating. That's half of the posts or topics. Factor in unintelligent threads and mindless discussion there just isn't enough good wrestling discussion going on like when this board first moved from the days of the EZBoard.

I swear this board is like the WWE. Post count is the glass ceiling, you have to post a bunch of crap to break through.

The product is stale and rehashed (Countless threads about the same thing and same old tired issues)

There is no quick fix. I will stick with this board until I am no longer a wrestling fan. This kind of stuff bothers me, but nothing is perfect.

Guest papacita
The repetitive topics drive me away at times. I'd love to be one of those guys who has thousands of posts and is loved by everyone, but there is no way to do that anymore because every thread already has most of my arguments covered, and the next thread is about a detail of one of the arguments already covered.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. It seems like nowadays there are very few interesting topics on most of the boards, and then when you see something that you wanna reply to, somebody's alreadysaid what you wanted to say.

And I know I'm pretty much considered a gimmick poster around here, but I'd like to see more threads that inspire debate. That was what drew me to the board in the first place, and now there's almost none.

Guest Austin3164life
I swear this board is like the WWE. Post count is the glass ceiling, you have to post a bunch of crap to break through.

Best. Quote. Ever.

Seriously, that's how I feel as well. This whole "Hey, I'm almost at 5 thousand posts" facade is a waste because you have trolls who post corny and meaningless one-liners and receive so much respect for it. Like I said the other day, I'm not naming anyone. The biggest post whore of this board is one who is looked up to. The number of how many posts shouldn't make a difference of how much respect you attract. It's the quality that should matter. I find myself lost sometimes because I miss the days where every thread was a highly intelligent debate instead of a post-whore's paradise.....

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Eh, I just read that entire thread from the VM forum and it just sounds like the same things that people have been complaining about on here for the longest.

The problem with meaningful posts that try to inspire debate around here is that there is always some knucklehead who comes in, makes some stupid joke or flame baits, thereby turning the entire thread to crap.

It was going on long before the move to Ikonboard and it will probably continue to happen no matter what ANYBODY does.

Guest the pinjockey
The problem with meaningful posts that try to inspire debate around here is that there is always some knucklehead who comes in, makes some stupid joke or flame baits, thereby turning the entire thread to crap.

It was going on long before the move to Ikonboard and it will probably continue to happen no matter what ANYBODY does.

Like the understanding between HHHaters and non-HHHaters thread last week that turned into flaming. Granted it was in the NHB forum but that was because the originator of the thread figured it would turn into flaming but what does that say about it when someone posts a logical thread here because of low expectations of other posters.

Guest converge241

"7) more and more trolls being allowed on the board"

never as bad as it was in the yellow days :)

I tired out the OO board for a break

oh sorry i was re-enacting how long it takes for replies from someone else or new thoughts/topics...

Guest converge241

"This whole "Hey, I'm almost at 5 thousand posts" facade "

actually this drove me to take a break from here.

and yes, it is ironic that im posting twice..but i dont give two flaming shits about the count it could be deleted from my profile for all I care...

Guest The Man in Blak

You know what I hate about this board?

All of these fucking introspective "what do you think of me" or "why do you hate this" threads. It's absolutely nauseating.

And concerning the post-count debate, perception is reality, kids. You can see it throughout a lot of the threads - if you haven't broken the 1000-post mark, then you haven't earned your "troll immunity" badge.

Don't expect your opinion to be valued until you pay your dues in here, boy.

It's sad, but true - the double standards are all around you. Luckily, I'm an Established Poster - otherwise I'd be a loser who doesn't really count for anything on this board.

Guest GenerationNever

As some of you may know, I was Justin Spike-O and Risk. I've been around since EZboard. As Risk I acculated thousands of posts and am one of the longest posters here. Simply put, I grew tired of it. I changed my name and started over. Honestly, post counts means nothing.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Don't expect your opinion to be valued until you pay your dues in here, boy.

It's sad, but true - the double standards are all around you. Luckily, I'm an Established Poster - otherwise I'd be a loser who doesn't really count for anything on this board.

LOL!

Well, I passed the 1,000 post mark and I STILL get no respect. Now I know how Undertaker feels...

Guest bob_barron

I've been here since the Delphi days. I want some damn respect.

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKA

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I will admit that it is funny how I was an idiot when I hated HHH when my post count was low...then everyone agreed when my post count got high...

Conspiracy?

Perhaps.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21
I will admit that it is funny how I was an idiot when I hated HHH when my post count was low...then everyone agreed when my post count got high...

Conspiracy?

Perhaps.

Just to save the next person the trouble....yes I am still an idiot.

Thank you.