TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSmarkzone

WrestleMania XIX

Guest TheSmarkzone

Rumored venues: Miller Park in Milwaukee, RCA Dome in Indianpolis, Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Tropicana Field in Florida

I'm gonna go with the Georgia Dome in Atlanta -- even though it's heavily rumored to be at Miller Park -- and I'd like to see a main event of Rob Van Dam vs. Kurt Angle.

Guest The Czech Republic

Miller Park fucking rules. The Brewers fucking suck.

But Milwaukee ALWAYS smells like beer, especially by that stretch of expressway where the park is. If Soldier Field wasn't a mess, that'd be a cool place. I think MSG is a lock for XX though.

Guest Choken One

What the fuck? Milwaukee never has good crowds...Georgia dome is the best possible site if you can't get 60,000...you can shorten it to 35,000 and save face.

Mark Henry Vs Bradshaw.

Guest TheSmarkzone

I'd rather have a return to the Pontiac Silverdome for XX...but I guess The Garden's okay.

<_<

Guest TheSmarkzone
Milwaukee never has good crowds

And what's your point? This is WrestleMania, not a f'n baseball game. The WWE has always sold out venues that get dismal attendance numbers for pro sports.

Do you think the Blue Jays get 68,000 every night? Not even close.

If you are talking about their enthusiasm, just watch Over The Edge '98.

Guest TheSmarkzone

RVD vs. Rock, RVD vs. Angle, Rock vs. Angle, Rock vs. Lesnar, or RVD vs. Jericho (Riight...) would all be cool with me.

Guest Austin3164life

Stadium: Georgia Dome

Reason: WCW's homeland. It'll be nice to revisit the land of Ric Flair (sort of). Save WM XX for either MSG, or the Pontiac Silverdome. 35,000 people may not be 65,000 but it's sure to look like there's a shitload of people there (remember the first ever WWF Raw at Georgia Dome?).....

Guest TheSmarkzone
The Silver dome is dead. They got Ford Field now.

Once again, this is WrestleMania, not pro sports. They hadn't used the Astrodome for years either.

Guest caboose

Venue: My Backyard, cos at the current rate, it will be the only place the WWE can sell out.

Main Event: D-Lo Vs. Eddie Vs. RVD, FrogSplash Match.

If it's in my backyard, dammit I'm gonna pick a ME that I want to see.

I can see it already.

JR-'BY GAWD D-Lo just Lo-Down'd Eddie Guerrero and RVD from the roof of Caboose's house!'

Guest TheSmarkzone

If they drop ticket prices down to $200 for ringside instead of $500, I bet they could sell it out.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

MAin Event: Kurt Angle (champion) vs. RVD

REason: RVD being from the state makes this one a hot main event...after winning the title at Vengeance (in my fantasy anyway) Angle holds the belt until Mania when RVD finaly wins the gold.

Guest TheSmarkzone

Yes, the Silverdome is still there. Ignore the morons who think that pro sports attendances reflect how the WWE will draw, or think that the WWE can only use venues currently being used by a pro sports team...even though X-7 was held at a defunct venue and it rocked.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Main Event: Chris Benoit d. The Rock to WIN the Undisputed Championship

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

ME: Jericho (champion) vs. Booker T

Result: Booker finally gets the gold after a ***** match that puts an end to Jericho's 7 month title reign.

Guest TheSmarkzone
ME: Jericho (chamion) vs. Booker T

I guess this will be the first Mania that I don't buy the travel package for.

Guest Choken One

. Anyways...Ponatic Silverdome has too much history because it won't outsell the WM3 draw...so go somewhere you either get 65,000 and continue the good 65 crowd or shrink it to 40,000 and still look good.

Guest TheSmarkzone

Well, in Pontiac 78,000=93,000, so a draw of 40,000 would = 55,000.

Guest Dangerous A

Anywhere in Chicago. (that city rocks as far as wrestling goes)

Main event- RVD vs The Rock: Undisputed Title match

Guest Choken One

It still be doomed a failure...Because WWE promoted it as 93,000 and the general public remembers it as 93,000 not the actual number...so 55,000 will seem like a huge dropoff and add that McMahon will likely be a damn fool and promote it as "We'll outsell WM3!" and look stupid when there is a 40000 difference.

Guest Choken One

I was thinking maybe they should go to Mexico City next year...Won't be many problems in terms of Time zones since we have the same...You can have it outdoors as well and have over 40,000 people standing.

The drawbacks are Merch sales and Visas. Isn't Rey Rey or one of the WWE cruisers barred from Mexico?

Guest Choken One

Paper won't do any difference because the attendence will still be the same and look like a failure...No WWE match will draw huge Silverdome draw other then Rock-Austin. and that's pushing it to think it can equal Hogan-Andre.

There better off going to Atlanta.

Guest TheSmarkzone

Mexico City? Are you nuts?

I think that I speak for most of the North American wrestling fans when I say that I don't want to go to dirty Mexico for WrestleMania.

Guest Choken One

Mexico City is actually very Americanized...at least when I went.

Guest TheSmarkzone

Toronto was a great host city. Easy to cross the border, no passport required, a very clean and safe city, no language barrier, and it was wrestling country.

Mexico City would suck. Not easy to cross the border, it is not clean nor safe for tourists, there is a language barrier, and Mexico is not a strong wrestling market.

Guest RetroRob215

It has to be the Georgia Dome, they have been consistently drawing there for a while now.

In a perfect world, I would like to see RVD-Benoit for the Undisputed Title.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

The Rock vs. HHH after HHH goes heel and joins the nWo. Do it anywhere there will be a hot crowd and 50000+ in attendance.