TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RetroRob215

Week 4

Guest RetroRob215

I didn't see it, but judging from the results the show looked pretty bad. Did anyone order it?

Guest Tony149

I didn't see the show either, but whose results did you read? Judging from what the Torch & Meltzer wrote, it seemed like a good show with the Torch making it sound like TNA's best show yet.

Guest Sean Mooney

I saw it and it wasn't bad at all, maybe the best overall show they've had so far. It was very consistent and smooth. All the angles and matches were logical and made sense. There wasn't a matche that blew me away, but there wasn't a dud either. Everybody seriously needs to give them a chance. Its kinda exciting cuz they treat it as a real sport, something no big company has done since the early 90's. I'd give this weeks show an 8 out of 10, it would of been higher if their had been that one classic match, but like I said everything was average-very good. The best match was probably the 6 Man Match. I'd give it ***1/4.

Guest RetroRob215
I didn't see the show either, but whose results did you read? Judging from what the Torch & Meltzer wrote, it seemed like a good show with the Torch making it sound like TNA's best show yet.

DAMN THAT 411! They decieved me.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I also would like to know what results Retro read...

The torch especially was giving it glowing praise.

I saw it...from top to bottom I think it was the best week they have had.

None of the matches was on par with the first X-title match...but then nothing in the WWE lately has been either.

Solid show with actual character development (I like Brian Christopher for the first time...ever) and angle progression (I think this Lynn/Styles feud will be huge...a feud that can actually have a payoff of in ring quatily? My god...why hasn't the WWE stolen this idea yet?)

And good matches.

The tag title match was good.

The X-Title contender match was very good.

Nothing actively sucked...even K-Krush vs. the raceing guy was well booked and kept short.

All in all...better than KOTR.

Guest dpac

i watched it and it was the best ppv this year for sure in my book, the x-division is off the hook, and they are doing this odd thing each week, it is like they are building stories and angels that make sense to the prior shows, mabey this radical booking will pay off

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The reviews pooring in at the Torch site are incredible.

It's odd to see so many happy optomistic people in one place.

Is it more of a bi-product of the WWE's staleness or the NWA TNA being good?

I think both...because I know I tuned in to see it because the WWE is so blah right now...but they really have not dropped the ball at all.

In fact they are running with it.

I can't wait to see how far they get.

Guest TheHulkster

I ordered it and I must say it was well worth the $10. The opening tag title match between Lynn/Styles and Tempest/Slayer was excellent. The Lawler promo was well done. Even though it had Russo all over it, it used one of Russo's strengths as a writer and thats character development. Brian Lawler got solid heel heat and worked off of it well. I wasn't fond of the Jasmine St Claire segment (there are women on the show that blow Jasmine away in the looks department like Alicia, Fluff Dupp, and Goldilocks), but the Ferrara spear made me crack up. The backstage brawl between Lynn and Styles was brutal, but in a good way. Those two beat the shit out of each other. The title match was built up really well, making Omori look like a world class competitor (not to mention a tale of the tape before the match, Thats a great idea). The match itself was a solid ** affair. Shamrock looked really blown up halfway through. I love the addition of legends of the NWA as NWA representatives. It helps link the chain to the past. The main event was excellent as well. Once Mamaluke left, it really broke out. It was nice to see Elix Skipper on TV again. He took quite the shitkicking, but came out looking really good. I was suprised to see Romeo advance so far, but i'm a kid romeo mark, so I was happy. I was pulling for Daniels to win, but Low Ki was a solid choice. The crowd was rabid for him and next week's X title match should be off the charts. All in all a thumbs up from the Hulkster.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I was very impressed with Skipper most of all in that match.

I really am digging the Styles/Lynn thing...and the fact that Lynn is sixth in line for the title shot...we are going to get a very good slow burn until it explodes in a match that should be terrific.

Guest Nevermortal

I was happy to see Low Ki finally win.

The end of the match with Chris Daniels KICKED ASS.

Actually, that whole match kicked ass.

NWA:TNA just got itself another fan.

Thumbs way up.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I'd order this thing, but the constant attempts to appeal to the hillbilly crowd. I'm not really much into southern-flavored wrestling. Or southern-flavored anything else typically.

Are you guys being serious when you say it's worth it? Because all the stuff about wrestling penises and guys in Elvis outfits just turn me off. The rest seems okay on paper.

Guest Raven_Effect01

I can't say how much I love the X-division a lot more than WWE's Cruiserweight division. WWE really needs to watch those matches to see how REAL cruiserweight matches are supposed to go. So far, NWA-TNA hasn't dropped the ball yet, even with Vince Russo signing with them.

Guest nikowwf

I think all the positive reviews are a byproduct of everyone who didn't like it being gone. I'm not being funny either - you have to pay for it, so if you don't like it you do not order.

Niko

Guest ShooterJay

This is also my first time ordering an NWATNA show, and they definitely got themselves a new fan.

Opening tag was really, really solid. Nothing blown all the spots made sense, quite a few highspots, and a great flow. A formula match at its' best. AJ Styles is my new hero. ***1/4

Brian Lawler promo started off strong, but degenerated into rambling towards the end. Still a decent delivery, and better than I thought he'd do.

Lawler v. Smiley. Standard Nitro style match. Decent and inoffensive. **1/4

Jasmin St. Claire was pretty pointless, I'd rather they'd have given more time to the Briscoes/Hot Shots match.

Briscoes v. Hot Shots I was incredibly disappointed this match was used as Malice cannon fodder. I've seen the Briscoes a couple of times and was very impressed, and I was hoping they were put on the PPV to showcase their stuff. On the plus side, Malice looks much improved from his Wall days in WCW. N/R

I'm not a fan of the Dupps, didn't like the promo.

Dupps v. Elvises. I do like the Elvises, however, and was again impressed with some of the stuff they can pull. A little disjointed, but not too bad. Right team went over. **

Shamrock v. Omori. I like Shamrock, but he still looks lost in a wrestling ring due to his layoff. Good psychology, but the match never really got off the ground. They should have gotten another couple minutes before the Jarrett run-in. **1/2

X Title Contenders' Match. WOW! This is my first time seeing Low-Ki and only my second time seeing Daniels (his substandard Nitro match with Modest being the first) and these guys blew me away. I'm also a mark for Tony/Romeo/Skipper, so that helped also. After Lynn left, this match really picked up bigtime. Romeo's Kryptonite Crunch off the top, Fall From Grace, Ki Krusher= Holy Sh*t! It's refreshing to see some REAL cruiser action after months and months of sanitized "WWE style." This would be a four-star plus match, with the exception of how they eliminated Lynn and a couple of iffy spots, so it's ***3/4 in my book.

Postmatch stuff with the Elvises and Jarretts was also well done and got the crowd popping.

I love how the NWA has managed to develop so many angles and characters so quickly. Say what you want about Russo, but that's his specialty, so in my opinion they can only improve.

Next week's card looks to be their biggest yet, with Shamrock/Jarrett (pretty much the biggest match they can put on at this point) GMS/Hall, and Low-Ki/AJ Styles (Hell yeah!) I'm there BABY! Now if we can see a longer Briscoe match, the debut of TE Josh, and a Corino appearance I'd be a very happy. Thumbs Up.

ShooterJay, now a TNA mark.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The observer site said that there was a substantial feedback increase this week.

Meltzer is so befuddled about the increase that hes asking for people to tell him what made them order...because so many more people were sending him feedback.

Oh..and it was positive feedback too.

Guest evenflowDDT

I actually have yet to tune in, but I'll certainly make sure not to miss next week's show. All I can say about what I'm hearing though is, for everyone who's hated on Russo... surprise! Give the devil his due for once, because he's actually building characters and making a product more interesting!

Also, for the substantial feedback increase, do you think Russo is a name that the casual fan would be more familiar with to tune in for, or was it just smart marks hoping to get off on what they hoped would have been some prime Russo-hating?

Guest Jobber of the Week

Hm. X stuff, plus Sexay vs Scotch Hall, which sounds bad but watchable in a sort of way.

Guest Tony149

About Russo working for TNA...I think some anti-TNA talk comes from the fact Russo now works there. People like to pin mostly every bad thing on Russo.

I belive Jerry Jarrett said it best. He didn't say it exactly like this, but you get the idea. Don't bash the product because of people who work there...bash the product because you think it sucks.

Guest Vyce

I just don't know how to react.

Really. It's been so long since a PPV has gotten, you know, actual good reviews up and down the board that I'm at a loss.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I know how you feel.

Did you read through the three different Torch reaction updates?

It's so odd.

Guest Tony149

I'm plan on ordering the replay Friday on DirecTV. I was wondering, how long did this weeks show last?

Guest nWoScorpion

The only match that sucked had 4 people no one heard of (Briscoes vs. Hot Shots or somethin) but wacthin gMalice destroy them (plus the ecellent timing of the pyro explosion making the chokeslam sound devastating) was pretty fun.

AJ/Lynn vs. Slash/Storm Gets **1/2-***

Christopher/Smiley gets *1/2-** (a squash match)

Krush/Sadler ** (its a NASCAR racer, better then most Hogan matches sadly)

(lost track of order of rest of card)

Shamrock/Omori **1/2

Dupps/Elvis' **1/2

6 Man CW Match ***1/2-****

Briscoes/Hot Shots NR (probably a *-*1/2)

Best Card so far, even the Hermie/Krush match was decent, plus Jarrett killing everyone with chairs was god friggin hilarious.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Jarrett is now my favorite chair-swinger. I mean, I know Shamrock likes to take hard shots, but FUCK! I rewound the tape to the beginning of the 6-man rankings match (main-event), but I got about the last minute of Shamrock/Omori, and DAMN...Jarrett's second shot to Shamrock's head made me wince...

Guest Tony149

I saw the reply of the show today, and J.J.'s chairshots were great. How about Race taking the shot to the head? I thought he was hurt after that one.

Oh, yeah, big fuck you to DirecTV for screwing up the main event match. The screen went into a still pic for the last 10 minutes. Then the replay didn't air until the last 5 min of the show.

It's on all day, so I hope they don't fuck up again so I can record the last 10 minutes of the show.

Guest Vyce
I know how you feel.

Did you read through the three different Torch reaction updates?

It's so odd.

Yep.

I'm STILL in shock.

And I'm scared, too. The bitter, cynical smark that I am.

I feel the beginnings of hope swelling inside my chest, and I don't want it to be crushed.

Guest J*ingus

I know, it's just... amazing. I know a few of the indy guys who work for the promotion, and I feel so damn proud of them all. Local boyz made good!