TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest gthureson

Opinions on Lucifer

Guest gthureson

I've read a few reviews of Lucifer, and they seem to range in the 'thumbs in the middle' response.  Neat idea, poor execution mainly.   That and, 'Started strong...has gotten weak lately.'

Reading most of the discussions on this board, people here seem to have strong opinions and call them like they see them, so here is the question:

Should I pick up an issue or two of Lucifer and give it a try?

I'm all for looking at religion from interesting angles, but I don't want spend money (comics aren't  cheap these days) on a book that I will put down and say, "That was dumb."  Or even worse, "That was boring."

gthureson

PS: I'll pimp www.gothaminsider.com again, 'cause I want feedback on the columns I wrote.

Guest areacode212

Well, the first dozen issues or so are out in TPB. If you live near a big chain bookstore, you should probably grab one of them and spend an hour or so reading one. From what I remember, the early story arcs were interesting, but I stopped collecting it after I lent my friend a bunch of issues that I hadn't read yet, which he took forever to return.

The problem with books like Lucifer is that they're a bit hard to read in monthly installments. It's easy to pick up an issue of JLA and remember where the previous issue left off. It requires more effort to do this with a non-superhero book, which is why I'm probably going to buy the TPBs of this instead of the individual issues.