TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest undisputedjericho

GOD DAMMIT

Guest undisputedjericho

Unless something develops REAL REAL FAST me and a friend are screwed out of going to Raw (Monday at the Meadowlands) cause we don't have a ride. Being 16 and seven twelfths really sucks, cause all I have is my permit.

Guest undisputedjericho

We were waiting on confirmation that we had a ride before we bought the tickets. (They're still on sale, they even pimped the show during SmackDown tonight)

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

You could hitchhike and whore yourself to the drivers as payment.

Guest franchise632
Wait....where I'm from, you get your license at age 16.

My thoughts exactly.

Guest RetroRob215
Wait....where I'm from, you get your license at age 16.

You obviously aren't from the Tri-State area. It's 17/18 here.

Guest undisputedjericho

Turns out my friend was at the arena football game tonight and he won fucking Raw tickets with some people sitting next to him, so now he's fucking going and I'm not.

I've been fucked out of going to so many shows it makes my head hurt.

Guest evenflowDDT
public transportation??

it works

^

l

l

l

l

l

l

Maybe it doesn't work in the Meadowlands. I dunno, I know that's how I got to RAW when I went, but then that's because the arena is connected to a BART station, and they don't have BARTs in the Meadowlands, or anywhere outside of the Bay for that matter. Ummm... yea... of course this is meaningless reply to a meaningless thread, it's No Holds Barred, for goodness sake, what do you expect?!

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Some states make you get a permit and then force you to wait several months to get the DL. In my day you could get your DL anytime after your permit.

Is that the case in NY, or wherever it is you live?

Guest FeArHaVoC

In NY you take your writen permit test. Then you have to take a 5 hour course and then you can take your road test. But, there isn't no amount of time you have to wait.

btw, why not BUY a ticket and take the bus if you want to go so bad? Don't try to say the show is sold out either.

Guest evenflowDDT

In Cali, you have to wait until you're 18 now to get a "full license" (which I am, just haven't gone to get mine yet because I have no car, no insurance, and I'm lazy). It's either that, or take a written test for the permit, get something like 50 hours of driving with an instructor/parent (10 of which have to be at night), then wait, then take the behind-the-wheel test, and THEN you still have to wait 6 months before you can drive around anyone under 25 (which means you still have to have your parents accompany you anyway, thus removing the point of learning to drive so you don't have to wait for your parents to get home/leave you the keys) or drive after 10pm without a "valid excuse".

Guest Mattdotcom

In Alabama, it's 15-written test and 16-road test. Driver's Ed is an optional, high school course.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

In good old Maryland, they took Driver's Ed out of High School a long time ago, and since its required, you have to pay for it. And where I live, theres like 2 places, and both charge over 300 bucks for the pathetic 2 week course.

A waste of 300 bucks..