TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmy no nose

Lennox Lewis's Last Fight

Guest jimmy no nose

Lennox Lewis has now said that his last fight will definitely be against Mike Tyson. He said that either he will take a rematch with Tyson, only if he gets $30 million, or he will retire. I really think he should have fought Klitschko, but he said it would be a waste of time. I don't think anyone would even care if he fought Tyson again and it wouldn't prove anything other than that he's in it for the money.

Guest Ripper

Vladimr would take Lennox's head off and he knows it. That guy is probably the most technically sound guy in the world with knockout power in both hands and is big enough that Lenox couldn't use his size and reach advantage. I have been saying Klitschko is the man for a while now.

He is going at Tyson quite frankly because Tyson is basically untested. he did nothing to derseve a title shot, and still hasn't. He is just ducking better opponents and this is why I don't respect the guy as a fighter.

Guest Jerome Drake

Vladimr isnt ready for Lewis yet.

Vladimr looks like he is weak around the eyes, which will factor if he goes againest a jabber like Lewis.

Lewis fighting a past his prime Tyson isnt going to prove nothing. Everyone knows in his prime Tyson would KO Lewis within 5 rounds.

Lewis should just retire.

Guest jimmy no nose

Vladimr looks like he is weak around the eyes, which will factor if he goes againest a jabber like Lewis.

Lewis fighting a past his prime Tyson isnt going to prove nothing. Everyone knows in his prime Tyson would KO Lewis within 5 rounds.

I agree somewhat about the things about Klitschko and that Lewis fighting Tyson won't prove anything, however I don't know about the Tyson of the late 80s compared to todays Lewis. Although I have long thought that Tyson was one of the all time greats and he was a real all around boxer in his prime, he never really fought anyone who was that great at the time of their fight. He never really got to prove himself, then went to jail and came back a fighter who went strictly for KOs.

Guest kingkamala

Lewis needs to retire, he's beaten all of the top guys in the heavyweight division and needs to move on. What would a fight with Klitschko prove? If he loses he gets beat by a no name(To the average fan) and if he wins he beats a no name. He's had is day in the sun and I don't want to see Lewis go down like Ali did when he retired.

Guest The Son of Sting
Vladimr would take Lennox's head off and he knows it.

Thats the same crap people said about the Tyson fight and look what happened.

Guest Jerome Drake

I agree somewhat about the things about Klitschko and that Lewis fighting Tyson won't prove anything, however I don't know about the Tyson of the late 80s compared to todays Lewis. Although I have long thought that Tyson was one of the all time greats and he was a real all around boxer in his prime, he never really fought anyone who was that great at the time of their fight. He never really got to prove himself, then went to jail and came back a fighter who went strictly for KOs.

Tyson KOed Lewis, when they were sparring together.

Also Tyson really didnt have much compition in the late 80's. He was gonna fight Holyfield, but he got sent to jail.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I don't know anything about Klitchsko, but I think Lennox should fight him. If the guy really does have the ability to beat Lewis, I think Lewis should accept the challenge. Throughout his career, he has complained of opponents ducking him so I think he should give Klitchsko a chance.

Guest jimmy no nose
Tyson KOed Lewis, when they were sparring together.

Also Tyson really didnt have much compition in the late 80's. He was gonna fight Holyfield, but he got sent to jail.

I said that I don't know if the Tyson of old could beat the Lewis of today, I never said anything about a 15 year old Tyson not being able to defeat a 17 year old Lewis.

That second part is exactly what I said. Who's to say that Tyson ever was that great based on that statement you yourself just made? Tyson never before fought anyone as good as Lewis or Holyfield and he's now 0-3 against them. How do we know that wouldn't be the same had they fought in 1987? We don't.

Guest Jerome Drake

I believe if Tyson wasnt falsey accused(To this day, i believe Tyson is a innocent man) he could have a better chance againest Holyfield and Lewis.

Tyson could beat Lewis, because Lewis isnt as good as he was. Granted hes not as bad as Tyson past his prime. But he got KOed by Hasim Rahman, and Oliver McCall. I doubt he can beat a PRIME Tyson.

Like i said, Lewis is a talented boxer, i believe he can beat Klitschko. No matter what u say, Klitschko CANT domminate Lewis. He wont "take his head off" like some of you people say. Lewis CAN KO Klitschko.

Hes gonna get elected into the hall of fame anyway.

Guest Ripper
Vladimr would take Lennox's head off and he knows it.

Thats the same crap people said about the Tyson fight and look what happened.

Who the hell said that. I said it would be a miricle if he beat Lewis.

I don't know if you guys have seen Vladimer fight lately..but to the guy that said he looks weak around the eyes, are you sure you aren't talking about his brother. I haven't seen any chinks in the guys armor. Offensively, his jab and punching power is better than lewis. Lewis isn't the greatest defender, but he usually has the plus of being bigger than everyone else to make up for it and basically just has to guard his body. That wouldn't be the case against Vladimer. Lewis knows it wouldn't be easy too. I remember his trainer comemntating a match he had on HBO and was basically having a orgasm in watching the guy fight. Before the fight he was talking about how he only had one hand and he needed to work on that. Vladimer went out and knocked the guy down 2 times with that wicked straight right he has, and knocked him out with the left hook. Then there was just praise coming from Emmanuel.

Guest Jerome Drake

I'm sure I'm not talking about his brother. Because I was watching The Ray Mercer fight. And Vladamir appear to have stuffiness around the eyes.

Vlad wont "Take his head off" like you say.

Vladamir does have alot of power, but I dont think hes ready for Lewis YET, but i do think he can be ready with a few more fights.

Guest Jerome Drake

Oh and I think Kirk Johnson is the next big heavyweight.

John Ruiz, you better watch out!

Guest alkeiper

Might as well throw my two cents in.....

-Klitschko is the #1 ranked contender by Ring Magazine. Obviously, he's one of the top guys around, and even if he can't beat Lewis, he really should get a shot.

-Lewis knocked out Tyson. If Tyson gets a rematch, something is really screwed up. Actually, how about Klitchko versus Tyson? Winner gets Lewis. Sounds fair.

-Lewis retired as champion would be terrible for boxing. The alphabet organizations would all step in and declare 3 different champions, and we'd be back where we were in '95, except we wouldn't have a Tyson, Lewis or Holyfield to clean up the division.

Guest Jerome Drake

How about when Kirk Johnson beats John Ruiz he fights Lennex Lewis.

CANADIAN PRIDE~!

Guest alkeiper

Because beating John Ruiz is the schoolyard equivilent of beating up the special ed kid for his milk money. I do think the contenders should fight each other more though. It would make everything much easier.

Guest Jerome Drake

Hey! John Ruiz beat Holyfield! And 1/3 of the heavyweight Champions!

Guest alkeiper

Yeah, and he got pasted by David Tua in 19 seconds. I've urinated longer than that. While sober no less.