TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mykatissatan

you mean to tell me.....

Guest mykatissatan

Wow.  I never thought this would happen.  Ive been looking and seeing the same ol shit for GC with nothing new.  Thankfully, looking at the EBworld.com list, theres actually games on the way.

Theres Wrestlemania, PacMan 2, Home Run King (which is an arcadey style baseball game....good stuff) among others.  

All I can say is FINALLY!  I got bored with my GC.  Anyone else?

Guest Big McLargeHuge

yup. Another shitty launch for Nintendo. But the games coming out this year look great. RE, Eternal Darkness, Mario, WrestleMania X8, Celda (I think), Metroid prime...

Guest jimmy no nose

I'm still not seeing anything that makes me want to buy a Gamecube.  I thought that N64 was the best system of the last generation, but I haven't seen anything put out by Nintendo that makes me think I need that system.  They've got Resident Evil, but I've already played through three of those games and I don't think I want to play another.  Sonic is fun, but I don't know about buying a system for it.  I don't like that Smash Brothers game and all of the other ones that I think I'd like are out on other systems.  I know that in the end I'm going to have to buy one for the next Conker game, but why buy one now?  I'll have to wait and see with Wrestlemania.

Guest teke184

Nintendo hasn't had a good console launch since the original NES.  

The SNES only had Mario World, Pilotwings, and F Zero when it first arrived, although games came along within a few months.

The N64 had Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, and Waverace, and that was about it for a few months until Turok, Goldeneye, and a bunch of absolute shite came out (Cruisin' USA, Killer Instinct Gold, WarGods, etc)

The GameCube has a decent amount of games, but about 90% of them are ports from the X-Box and PS2.  The only exclusives I'm aware of are Super Monkey Ball, Luigi's Mansion, Smash Brothers, and Rogue Squadron.  Considering that Smash Brothers is the only one I'd go out of my way to buy, I'd say they're in trouble unless they start putting out more exclusive games quickly.

The only good Nintendo systems are the NES, SNES, and the black and white GB from years 1985 to 1996.(Any B and W GB games released in 1997 and 1998 stink because the NES and SNES were dead at the time. I don't care if Pokemon came in 1995. I go by the year games came in America So that means it came in 1998. BTW, everything Pokemon is crap). The VB, GBC, GBA, Gamecube, and N64 are crap.

SNES had "just" Super Mario World, F-Zero and Pilotwings at launch?  Um, I'd take that over any of the launches that the current consoles had.  But wasn't Super Tennis also a launch title?  That's still my favorite tennis game.

The launch for Gamecube was fine.  Pikmin, SSB:M, Super Monkey Ball and Waverace within the first month were more than enough to keep me busy.  It's the first part of this year that has been barren.  Looks like it's picking up, though.  Between now and the end of June I'll be buying Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness and Wrestlemania.  Might have to take a look at Bomberman Generations and the port of Burnout, too.

Finally, how can someone like the NES and SNES, but not the GBA?  Considering how many games from those two systems have been ported to the GBA...

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Explain.

Along with Mania and Eternal Darkness, I'm pretty stoked for the new Starfox and Metroid.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
The only good Nintendo systems are the NES, SNES, and the black and white GB from years 1985 to 1996.(Any B and W GB games released in 1997 and 1998 stink because the NES and SNES were dead at the time. I don't care if Pokemon came in 1995. I go by the year games came in America So that means it came in 1998. BTW, everything Pokemon is crap). The VB, GBC, GBA, Gamecube, and N64 are crap.

Just wondering.  Why do you hate the GBA?  It is essentially a portable SNES, which you liked.

Also, what are your thoughts on the X-Box and PS2?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well...I'm buckling and buying a Gamecube tomorrow.

I have to have it so I can get Resident Evil when it comes out.

In truth...WrestleMania X8 may have been what pushed me over the edge..

Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, a new Mario game, the rest of the Resident Evil games and the Final Fantasy Liscence make bps21 a happy boy for GC.

GC will now join my PS2...

...Xbox can still suck my dick though.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I could care less about Metroid, but I will get a Cube somewhere down the line for X8. My Mom's been wanting a new Tetris game for a long time now, and since Tetris Worlds will be released on all the systems, I might as well get that when it comes let the Cube sit out in the living room since my bedroom is out of space.

It'll be nice to have, but the PS2 and Xbox are still my favorite sons.

Guest Tomato Can

Why is everyone so excited about X8?  It's probably the same as RAW, which sucked donkey balls.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

But it won't.

It features a reversal system and gameplay in the vain of No Mercy.

Just because XBox games suck...doesn't mean that other systems games suck too.

Guest Raven_Effect01
But it won't.

It features a reversal system and gameplay in the vain of No Mercy.

But it's being developed by Yukes, not AKI this time, and it's being said that WMX8 will have arcadish gameplay like that of the Smackdown series with wrestlers not being in submissions long, no AKI-like grapples, and getting back up from moves immediately(yes, even including those damn McMahons who we desperately wanted to see knocked out cold for maybe 5 minutes after nailing them with chairshots, LOL).  The only thing I'm hearing that will resemble No Mercy is the reversal system, but everything else sounds almost the same as the Smackdown series on PS1 and PS2.  Read more previews before you think of buying it.

Anyway, I do think the Gamecube didn't have a good launch of video games, but as far as how successful it will be, let's hope it is, since the X-Box doesn't really have hope and the PS2 is going to have to put out more quality games(including wrestling games too, not anything like Smackdown 3 which hasn't changed its gameplay system) in hopes of staying alive too.

I'll be renting WM before I consider buying it for GC. It sounds as if they may have screwed up the engine that worked so well in No Mercy.

Good thing I still have my N64.

Just wondering.  Why do you hate the GBA?  It is essentially a portable SNES, which you liked.

Also, what are your thoughts on the X-Box and PS2?

I hate GBA because the classic games ported on it have all this extra crap and they changed the logos, opening titles, and mostly everything else. Other than an arcade, I'd only play ported classic arcade games on NES, B and W GB, SNES, and Sega Genesis because they're classic systems. I don't like GBA. As far as PS2 and X-Box go, they rock.

Guest thevertex

People have short memories. Xbox and Gamecube both had fantastic launches compared to the PS2 in 2000. Both of them are still doing better than PS2 was a year ago. It's just that PS2 got all the good stuff in 2001. Gamecube has a lot to look forward to towards the end of the year, while the bad news has just kept on piling up for Xbox.

Given that I love Nintendo franchises, GC is the cheapest, and it's about halfway between the superior Xbox and inferior PS2 technology wise, the pick is a no brainer for me, even though I still may get a PS2 eventually just because of the sheer mass of games. It's better to wait until the rumored e3 price cut though.

Guest Jobber of the Week

People do seem short-minded, and they also seem overly agressive. You don't have to be the #1 game system out there to survive or make money. Nintendo's toned down their goals since the 64, and Microsoft sure as hell doesn't expect to become king of the hill on their first console.

The console war has really been more of a Fanboy War this generation since Sony has been the only one with all the hype.

Guest Flyboy

x8_042602_9.jpg

x8_042602_2.jpg

Yep... looks like another Raw on our hands.  *rolls eyes*  

Seriously.. I've been following WMX8 since it was announced.  This isn't another Raw or Smackdown.. it's an entire different game.  Sure, it might be arcadey-- YUKES is making it.  But, I've seen movies and such and it's just not another SD! for GC.  The animations, the reversals (you can reverse FINISHERS, damnit!), the detail, the roster, the modes, the Trophy Slam (where you can create your own belts with FIFTY ONE custom ones)... and you say this is just a Raw?  I just want to say do a bit of research on your games before you post.  :D

BTW, for your info... TWO members of the ex-AKI team IS working on WMX8.  Booya.

Anyways... back on subject-- yes GC is going to have a great summer.  Resident Evil.. I pre-ordered it on Wednesday for $44 bucks.  Must buy.  WMX8.. the game I want the MOST.  Star Fox Adventures.  Mario Sunshine (never was a Mario fan, but still).  Zelda (Cel-Shade?  So.  Zelda will always rock).  Eternal Darkness.  Perfect Dark Zero (a rumor).  Metriod Prime.

I could go on, but I won't.  All I have to say is.. Nintendo good job.  Even though it wasn't a GREAT launch you will redeem yourselves.  :D

Guest Raven_Effect01
BTW, for your info... TWO members of the ex-AKI team IS working on WMX8.  Booya.

I already knew that.  Just because two members of AKI went over to Yukes doesn't mean they're going to have a lot of input into the game like they did with AKI, since there are more regular Yukes workers than ex-AKI Yukes workers in the company.  And the head of Yukes probably isn't even an AKI worker.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I watched a report on Fox news today about how XBox could lose up to 900 million dollars in the next decade because the system is not selling as well as hoped here...and not at all in overseas markets.

The report listed one of the problems being Microsofts inability to lure any established titles (such as GC with Resident Evil and Final Fantasy) to exclusive contracts.

They instead had to consentrate on home grown games that are a harder sell than more established franchises.

The report also seemed to indicate that Xbox could be done in as soon as Sony and Nintendo decide to price drop their systems.

X-box was built with more expensive componants (the reporter called it the cadillac of game consoles) so if Sony and Nintendo decided to cut prices...Microsoft may not be able to match...and if they do...not be able to survive.

Oh...and X8 will rule because it is NOT smackdown.

The gameplay is slower, the reversals are there...the only thing that sounds smackdownish is the strike button.

Guest Flyboy
Oh...and X8 will rule because it is NOT smackdown.

The gameplay is slower, the reversals are there...the only thing that sounds smackdownish is the strike button.

Yeah... what bps said!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

and since im on a gamecube high...

Pac Man World 2 rules the school junior.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Does it? I was gonna rent it but decided on Spider-man (good, but the camera problems are still distracting).

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I was going to rent Spiderman but it was out for both PS2 and and GC...so I picked up Pac Man World 2 for no reason.

It's not exactly rocket science...but I'm enjoying it.

It has an arcade where you can go in and play the original Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man and a few other Pac Man incarnations too.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I watched a report on Fox news today about how XBox could lose up to 900 million dollars in the next decade because the system is not selling as well as hoped here...and not at all in overseas markets.

Muh? It's doing fine over here. It's being stomped in Japan (but I wouldn't expect anything less,) and Europe has yet to see if the price drop helps anything.

The report listed one of the problems being Microsofts inability to lure any established titles (such as GC with Resident Evil and Final Fantasy) to exclusive contracts.

Oh well, I hate sequels anyway.

They instead had to consentrate on home grown games that are a harder sell than more established franchises.

A game like, say, Gunvalkyrie, is hardly "homegrown." Sega is still quite well known, even though they didn't sell very much. At the same time, Super Monkey Ball and Pikmin are one-of-a-kinds (so far) as well.

And BTW, I could easily twist your statement to say the other consoles slack off and milk the sequels to sell units.

The report also seemed to indicate that Xbox could be done in as soon as Sony and Nintendo decide to price drop their systems.

I don't see why. They have in the other countries, and the other regions sell Xbox for less than $300US, I don't see why they can't do the same here.

if Sony and Nintendo decided to cut prices...Microsoft may not be able to match...and if they do...not be able to survive.

Can I ask what you're on? It's funded by the richest company in the world. They sell many, many products that sell at much higher rates than game hardware does. They may lose more money dropping the price on the console, but raise the price of Windows by a nickel and Office by a dime and you've easily solved that problem.

I do look forward to X8, and I really hope I somehow end up lucky enough to get a Cube this month. But could we cut down on the bashing? Especially the senseless kind? You could at least wait and see what's at E3 before you declare it dead. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and could they make the tables in X8 any taller? The screenshot up there looks like the table is about level with D-Von's shoulders. Yeesh!

Guest Bruin

Am I one of the few people that can't stand seeing anymore sequels? Geez, theres only two sequels I'm looking forward to see how they do are Unreal 2 and Elite Force II. More often than not, any series of games that goes past #2 in sequels is horrible. It just gets so damn boring and repetitive that it's no longer any fun to play. Resident Evil, anyone?

I ENJOY seeing new games come out, I don't jump all over and scream for joy, like I see so many people do these days, when [insert company name here] announces they're remaking a game. (IE: A VAST majority of what the GC was hyped for, and need I say how many new FPS games that come out are the same shit as before?) I Do NOT want to play another version of Pong. I do NOT want to play another version of Doom. No, I am not going to go and buy more of the same crap I all ready own.

Yes, I understand full well the entire concept of cashing in on an all ready established franchise. But for Christ's sake! Do I need anymore versions of the same game thats been done countless times before. More often than not, done better the first time than any sequels or remakes.

Now please, answer this, Why does everyone nearly piss their pants over remakes/sequels?

Oh, and just one comment on a previous post.

X-box was built with more expensive componants (the reporter called it the cadillac of game consoles) so if Sony and Nintendo decided to cut prices...Microsoft may not be able to match...and if they do...not be able to survive

Yes, it was built on much more expensive components. However, you're forgetting all the 'neat' little features it has in it compared to both the PS2 and GC. Such as the hardrive, and much better multiplayer support just to name a few. I'd rather go and play a 16 player game of Halo online (which is a blast), moreso than something like Tony Hawk. Since I mentioned the hardrive, lemme bring up something I hated about with my PSX. MEMORY CARDS! Geez, I always had to change cards to find the correct game. I ended up losing the cards a good bit too. Not to mention that the size problem on them annoyed me to no end.

Okay, I ended up ranting a bit there.. Back on track..

If you didn't all ready know, the XBox is getting a price drop by May 14 I beleive was the date that they announced (please, correct me if I'm wrong here on the date)

Man, wheres MarvinsaLunatic, he really could bring up good thought-required arguments :-D

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Ok...

That weren't my words.

That was a news report.

I'm glad you like your shitty system and its shitty games.

I give it 2.5 years....starting.........now.