TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 4Life

Officer right to punch teen

Guest ant_7000

Yeah, I heard that boy had a mental illness or something like that and doesnt drive, so there for no driving record. There was no need for that and I hope that PIG gets fired.

Guest chirs3

Just from the Salon article, since it's the first I've heard of it...

If the kid grabbed the cop's nuts, the cop had every right to punch him. Could it have been done a little nicer? Yes, but if some guy is grabbing your nuts you don't think about being nice.

Cops should be allowed to do whatever it takes to restrain someone, no more, no less. If the kid was resisting in a way that was or could have been harmful to the officer, he had every right to smack him.

I think so, anyway.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

It's been a few days since I've seen the footage, but didn't the cop that hit the kid have blood dripping down his face?

In addition, I heard on Fox News that the person who shot the footage got busted for some outstanding warrants.

Guest Some Guy

If a cop is attacked, he has a duty to use force beyond what is being used against him. If someone uses their fists the cop is supposed to use pepper spray or the billy club, if someone uses a knife then the cop uses his gun. Their job is to stop people, not make friend with people trying to attack them. As I've said in another thread I'm not a big fan of cops, but this one doesn't seem to be in the wrong here.

Guest Hayabusa Moleman

Although it has nothing to do with the topic, I was just curious as to what ethnic group you are apart of 4Life? I ask because usually mediteranian people from Europe consider themselves White and the ones from Africa as Arab or Black.

Guest EricMM

A lot of people were concerned with the whole punching the kid when he was handcuffed. I think if he had punched the kid before cuffing him it would have been a different thing entirely especially if they were fighting.

I'd never heard about the whole nuts thing though, that position could possibly lead to some crunchage, and if I was a guy with my nuts being attacked I would probably whip out my billy club. So the cop could have shown some restraint.

But if he wasn't be hurt, then the kid was already subdued and noone should be hurt while they are subdued IMO. Before, yes, after, no.

Guest Some Guy

Even if you're cuffed you can still head BUTT, kick, and swing your shoulders at someone, I've seen it in person. I haven't seen the tape, but the srticle makes it seem as though the guy was attacking the cop and the cop was protecting himself. Being subdued does not just mean handcuffed, it means the person is no longer posing a threat.

Guest RetroRob215

Did anyone else see the interview with another black man that was attacked by the same cop? I forget what show it was on, probably On The Record w/Greta. Basically a cop pulled this guy over and said that he matched a profile. The guy ended up having no record and was told he could go. The all of a sudden 6 squads surround him and he gets out of his car again. The cop in question for the more recent beating also beat this guy to the point of him being in a coma for 2 days. In the end the battered man wasn't charged or arrested. Draw your own conclusions...

Guest Vyce

If the kid really did hit the cop (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), than there's just one thing the cop did wrong - he hit the kid in front of the cameras.

I mean, really. I don't even want to hear any shit about police brutality. If you lay a hand upon a cop, you're gonna get your ass beat one way or another. You should KNOW this.

Doesn't mean that cops can't go over the line, cause they can & do. But I don't have much sympathy for some punk who gets popped by a cop he lit up one minute prior.

Guest ant_7000

Im just going by what I saw on the tape I didn't see the kid grab the cops nuts. The cop hit him while other cops was just holding him, so yeah I say its police brutality.

Guest jimmy no nose

If someone in any way touches a cop during an attempted arrest then I think the cop should hit him as hard as he can and then all the other cops should help restrain the person to make sure he doesn't try anything further. They have to deal with criminals on a constant basis and if they don't stand up to them they won't be effective.

Guest Ripper

Jesus, how can anyone even try to defend what happend. I don't care if the guy pissed on the cop before he got cuffed. He picked a teen up handcuffed and SLAMED him into the hood of the car with all the force he could muster. There was no resisting there, and noone can say that it was. He was beating up a handcuffed person. I don't care what happened before hand.

Anyone that tries to defend these actions are a moron, hands down. The fact that people try and say that police brutality is justified have to be some of the most ignorant people I have ever talked to. Minorities talk about police brutality and white people say "Well, they must have done it for a reason." You get it on tape and they say "Well he must have hit him before so its ok". You get shot 40 times and "Well they thought he might have had a gun...even though they asked to see ID...and he went for his wallet..." At what point do you have to accept that when you give people too much power it corrupts. And I don't just mean white policemen, black ones too. There are fucked up people, and alot of them are wearing uniforms.

Guest chirs3
Jesus, how can anyone even try to defend what happend. I don't care if the guy pissed on the cop before he got cuffed. He picked a teen up handcuffed and SLAMED him into the hood of the car with all the force he could muster. There was no resisting there, and noone can say that it was. He was beating up a handcuffed person. I don't care what happened before hand.

Anyone that tries to defend these actions are a moron, hands down. The fact that people try and say that police brutality is justified have to be some of the most ignorant people I have ever talked to. Minorities talk about police brutality and white people say "Well, they must have done it for a reason." You get it on tape and they say "Well he must have hit him before so its ok". You get shot 40 times and "Well they thought he might have had a gun...even though they asked to see ID...and he went for his wallet..." At what point do you have to accept that when you give people too much power it corrupts. And I don't just mean white policemen, black ones too. There are fucked up people, and alot of them are wearing uniforms.

When I see proof that he wasn't resisting arrest, I'll gladly concede. All I've seen is a Salon.com news article.

And that example about getting shot 40 times, while unfortunate, has NOTHING to do with the story at hand. This is about a guy in handcuffs who was supposedly fighting back. Not resisting, FIGHTING. If he was fighting, the cops had every right to beat him into submission. Notice I did not say put him in a coma or do lasting damage. INTO SUBMISSION. If it takes throwing a guy onto the hood of a car and punching him, so be it.

So if the teen kicked the cop in the stomach, head butted him and broke his nose, then tried to run, it's wrong to defend the cops actions? Puh- and might I add -lease!

Guest Insanityman

Now my whole opinion on this is a little odd because I do think police brutality is very true but yet a lot of my family are porkers. I mean I've been busted for skating and I'm a paranoid fuck the second they even make a move to talk to me I get ready. I don't trust police for the most part. Though most of them are out in the world doing their job actually protecting us. I don't care what everyone says in this case it's police brutality but cops need the slightest bit of respect. Ripper, I think miniority of the porkers are fucked up rather than the majority... least that's how it sounded to me.

Guest Ripper

Yeah it is the minority, but when the minority has really big guns, public opinon behind them, the right to do basically anything they want while you can't even say anything...it gets damgerous. I think abuse of power in the police forces happen alot more than people think. I just think it is getting pretty sad that when it is even caught on tape people are still like "Well, maybe the kid did something that the cop would slam his head into the hood of the car while he was handcuffed and lying on the ground."

Guest chirs3

Agreed, Insane-o. There are a lot of cops who beat people for the fun of it, and they suck and deserve to get kicked in the jumblies repeatedly.

But that doesn't mean every single incident is police brutality. I don't care if it's a teen or an elderly woman, if they fight (read: FIGHT, not resist) the officer, they should get what's coming to them, and that's whatever it takes to put them down. If, at the time, an officer feels a punch and a shove is necessary, then so be it.

Guest Ripper

When I see proof that he wasn't resisting arrest, I'll gladly concede. All I've seen is a Salon.com news article.

And that example about getting shot 40 times, while unfortunate, has NOTHING to do with the story at hand. This is about a guy in handcuffs who was supposedly fighting back. Not resisting, FIGHTING. If he was fighting, the cops had every right to beat him into submission. Notice I did not say put him in a coma or do lasting damage. INTO SUBMISSION. If it takes throwing a guy onto the hood of a car and punching him, so be it.

So if the teen kicked the cop in the stomach, head butted him and broke his nose, then tried to run, it's wrong to defend the cops actions? Puh- and might I add -lease!

You are understandable seeing as you didn't see the video. Here are the tidbits.

The kid is lying on the ground, handcuffed...not moving at all. The cop(who is twice his size) picks him up by his arms from the ground and slams his chest, and head into the car. I MEAN SLAMS HIM. It was the worst part of the video. It is a unarguble point on rather or not the kid was resisting here, because he wasn't. The Kid is now bleeding from the mouth from having his face slamed into a car while he is handcuffed. Next, more officers are holding the guy, and the officer in question is screaming at him. THE OFFICER BEHIND HIM IS SEEN TRYING TO PULL THE COP IN QUESTION BACK. The cop punches the kid and tries to do it again until the cop behind him grabs his arm to prevent it.

Now may be I am silly, but if the kid(who has bent over the car, with his hand nowhere in posistion to grab to cops balls from where I saw) WAS grabbing the cops balls, why would the other officer try to restrain the Cop?

The kid was not resisting arrest...period.

Guest chirs3

There a place to see this video online? Because if the kid was on the ground (I would assume this is after he, if at all, attacked the officer), then yea, that's kind of completely and totally wrong and sick.

Guest chirs3

Ok, having just seen that video, I think I can safely say that cop is a piece of shit.

Guest Insanityman

Christ, that guy is a piece of sht, but doesn't mean all officers are... even though they are other porkers out their like them. That's abuse of power and I hope the cop gets in trouble or even better jumped like that one day. Granted it's easy to lose control of your emotions, but this kid did nothing to resist!

*Suddenly feels like I need to find a new legal skate spot*.

Guest Spicy McHaggis

You are understandable seeing as you didn't see the video. Here are the tidbits.

The kid is lying on the ground, handcuffed...not moving at all. The cop(who is twice his size) picks him up by his arms from the ground and slams his chest, and head into the car. I MEAN SLAMS HIM. It was the worst part of the video. It is a unarguble point on rather or not the kid was resisting here, because he wasn't. The Kid is now bleeding from the mouth from having his face slamed into a car while he is handcuffed. Next, more officers are holding the guy, and the officer in question is screaming at him. THE OFFICER BEHIND HIM IS SEEN TRYING TO PULL THE COP IN QUESTION BACK. The cop punches the kid and tries to do it again until the cop behind him grabs his arm to prevent it.

Now may be I am silly, but if the kid(who has bent over the car, with his hand nowhere in posistion to grab to cops balls from where I saw) WAS grabbing the cops balls, why would the other officer try to restrain the Cop?

The kid was not resisting arrest...period.

What happened BEFORE the camera started rolling?

Guest Ripper

Who cares what happend before the cameras started rolling. When it started there was a kid lying on his stomach on the ground with his hands cuffed behind his back and not resisting. The cop picks up a limp body and slams into a car and punchs him. If there was a fight before the camera was on...Hello, the kid was handcuffed...aparantly the cops won.

Please don't try to justify that man beating up a handcuffed kid.

Guest Spicy McHaggis

Please don't try to vilify everything bad that happens to a black person.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

I think a certain Ice Cube/Dr Dre/Easy E/MC Ren song fits here nicely...

Guest Ripper

Please don't try to vilify everything bad that happens to a black person.

A OFFICER BEAT UP A 16 YEAR OLD KID THAT WAS LYING LIMP AND HANDCUFFED ON THE GROUND NOT RESISTING ARREST AT ALL.

I don't care if he was fucking green, that was uncalled for. How can you possibly watch that video and say "well, thats not that bad" This has nothing to do with black or white. It has everything to do with a dickhead cop that the rest of the Cops there were trying to stop from being a dickhead.

There's one problem with your theory of me trying to vilify what "a black person" did. I don't and YOU DON'T know what happend before the camera came on. I gurentee you it didn't include the 16 year old kid Handcuffing and slamming the cops head into a car hood.

Guest NoCalMike

The biggest problem with the incident is that the kid was slammed into the car and punched in the face, when he was subdued, and his back was turned to the cops. If the kid attacked the cops, then yes they need to maybe slam him around in order to get the handcuffs on. Yet once he was subdued which he obviously was, then you don't need to start throwing punches. i think the cops emotions just got the best of him, yet is another example of Trained PROFRESSIONALS getting out of hand.

Guest DrTom

"Please don't try to justify that man beating up a handcuffed kid."

You did notice the cop in question was bleeding, right?

I always find it amusing when people who have no idea what the police go thru in their jobs everyday see fit to criticize them based on something they saw on a twenty-second sensationalist newsbyte.