TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(Observer) More NWO politics and backlash

Guest bcu1979

Triple H getting Cena's push changed and Kevin Nash being booked to pin Booker clean on RAW have already been discussed, but there was even more NWO political crap in the latest Observer.

Michaels and Nash were pushing for Triple H to join the NWO (after the Triple H/Nash match at SummerSlam) and the NWO would then be the top babyfaces on both shows. It's not explained what the storyline reason would be for the NWO to be on both shows. Meltzer says the chances of this happening are less than 50% at this point.

The resentment of the whole NWO faction (Triple H included - and that's what they are being called backstage) is just getting stronger. Many of the top wrestlers were furious over the whole Cena thing, as they saw it as Triple H trying to control the top positions since many people see Cena as a potential big star. There is also the belief that Taker/Angle/Jericho/RVD are "pulling the wagon" , while Nash and Michaels don't go on the road but gets lots of tv time and get portrayed as cool characters. There's also anger over X-Pac not being asked to put over Booker T this week, with Eddie Guerrero doing the job instead.

Hogan has not alligned himself with either group and the resentment of Hogan has decreased because he has done what is asked of him.

Meltzer also said that Jericho had agreed to terms on a new contract, but has not signed it as of press time. Apparently, Jericho considered the offer fair considering the circumstances.

The idea to have Arn Anderson as Benoit's manager has also been dropped since they decided against Anderson being a tv character.

I know it's been said a million times before but this is like reading about WCW 2-3 years ago. Vince has to wake up eventually. Right?

Guest Some Guy

Those guys never stop, do they? Vince needs to at least not let Nash in an arena while he's hurt, becasue he can't fairly fire him while he's injured. Nash would sue.

Guest What?!

Cena was supposed to slap Vince on Smackdown, but HHH nixed the idea saying that no one should have contact with Vince before SummerSlam 'cept Hogan. So Cena slapped Jericho instead.

Guest BoboBrazil

That is ridiculous. I see this as him trying to bury Jericho even more than he already has than Cena though. People have beat the shit out of Vince numerous times. Why would it matter if Cena hit him? Noone would even remember it by Summerslam. HHH has some huge fucking vendetta against Jericho for some reason. He is trying to bury him at all stops.

Guest BoboBrazil

The better question would be why does HHH have any say in storylines not involving him anyway. He has no right knowing about everyone else's storylines, let alone being able to change them.

Guest LesnarLunatic

The obvious thing to do is depush HHH and the NWO, just job them mercilessly for a month or two.

Guest caboose
The obvious thing to do is depush HHH and the NWO, just job them mercilessly for a month or two.

That is the funniest thing I've heard. EVER.

If that happens, I will buy every bit off Triple H merchandise I can find, take a picture of me with it, and post it in my sig saying I am the Game's biggest fan.

Guest LesnarLunatic

a month of Triple H jobbing cleanly to Angle, Jericho, Storm, Batista, Tajiri and Palumbo would do wonders for his ego. :)

Guest Zero_Cool

I'm kind of amazed how these guys still have contracts when everyone in the lockeroom hates them. Anyway, what say should HHH have in storylines? Why should he know everything that is happening on a show?

Guest bcu1979
That is ridiculous. I see this as him trying to bury Jericho even more than he already has than Cena though. People have beat the shit out of Vince numerous times. Why would it matter if Cena hit him? Noone would even remember it by Summerslam. HHH has some huge fucking vendetta against Jericho for some reason. He is trying to bury him at all stops.

I thought it came across as more anti-Jericho than anti-Cena as well, since Jericho was made to play the bitch role yet again. But apparently Heyman and Patterson came up with the idea and they felt it would really get people talking about Cena as a new star, which is something that has not happened in a long time. Patterson was extremely upset that the angle was changed and was complaining to everyone afterwards about the politics involved.

Guest saturnmark4life

if x pac refuses to do one more thing asked of him, get rid of the lazy little fucker and see what happens. They need to show these pricks they aren't running the show. And no one will miss him. Kudos to hulk though, jobbing at every ppv and staying out of the main. Though that shows his intelligence as a politician more than anything.

Guest chirs3

This is getting ridiculous.

You know what I say? Fire them. Maybe put HHH on warning or probation, but fire the NWO entirely. Have Vince come out at the top of Raw and deliver another speech like he did when Austin left (almost but not quite breaking Kayfabe) about starting in a new direction, then add the secret ingredient...

ACTUALLY START IN A NEW DIRECTION.

Because, if all this is true, it is really getting out of hand.

Guest BoboBrazil

Vince won't do anything. HHH is fucking his daughter and can get away with anything he wants. Just imagine what it will be like when they get married and have kids. The only thing I see stopping HHH is if Steph and him break up or he gets a career ending injury.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

We on this board said this would happen before they were even signed. Sometimes I hate being right all the time.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Who really thinks Vince wants his daughter marrying a wrestler? I don't have a big problem with anyone saying that Cena shouldn't slap Vince McMahon because he was only on tv twice before that. Why would a new guy come on tv and start beating up his boss? Maybe it would work in the right context, but slapping Vince would be a bit much in my bookd and they need to stop doing the babyface versus evil owner angle to death. I guess the whole thing getting nixed is a bigger deal because Triple H did it.

Guest Insane Bump Machine
I guess the whole thing getting nixed is a bigger deal because Triple H did it.

Well, of course. Because it is none of his business or at at least it shouldn't be. If Heyman had nixed it, it would have been OK because it is his job.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I do think it's not exactly time yet to have Cena vs McMahon, as it won't go anywhere just yet.

I /do/ agree on the RVD/Angle/Jericho/UT thing.

I /do/ think the NWO should be on both shows, because they look like a castrated shell of themselves when they're limited to Raw. The thing is, they ARE a castrated version of themselves, and need more actual wrestlers. The problem as Vince is now finding out is that none of the guys in the Clique are going to last as long as Hogan has because they were raised up in much more brutal matches than Hogan was.

Speaking of Hogan, it's a good thing to see he's keeping himself in line. You wouldn't believe how many years I figured he'd retire in the middle of a nasty political explosion.

Guest GenerationNever

For once I hope Vince gets a big ego and considers Hunter "beneath" his daughter. But, alas, Vince is acting all good and wanting to be a Grandfather...ugh. YOU'RE VINCE MCMAHON, DAMNIT! You run the company! You're not a helpless old man, take your company back! Even though I'm a HHHater, I would just fire the rest of the NWO/Kliq(including Wight)and suspend HHH indefinetly.

Guest Anglesault

WHY THE HELL DOES HUNTER CARE? What did this storyline have to do with him AT ALL?

Guest Jobber of the Week

I know this is the closest we have to actually being there, but I don't think this is covering the entire whole story.

Maybe 70% of the story, maybe even 90, but there's something missing. As Anglesault said, why in the hell would Hunter care?

It's kind of pissy they have Cena working SmackDown when Raw has the quality undercard, and as much as I never thought it would happen, Undertaker is giving more to the up-n-comers than HHH is.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I look at the bright side...and that is that someone is noticing RVD doing good.

I mean...everyone knows Angle is doing good...and I'm sure they have respect for Jericho handling his depush and Taker's title reign being good...

but RVD is just on their because he has been phenomenal.

Only good things...only good things.

Guest Zero_Cool

It's good to see Hogan out of the main event and in the mid-card face role. It's a good spot for him.

I don't know if it's Triple H being paranoid of Cena taking his spot after two weeks on the job, or HHH just wanting to have Jericho get knocked out on an opened hand slap. It would be funny if on RAW, Vince came out and actually publicly fired the entire NWO, X Pac, Show, and HBK, then put HHH on suspension.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
There's also anger over X-Pac not being asked to put over Booker T this week, with Eddie Guerrero doing the job instead.

FIRE FUCKING X-PAC!

This has been the Taker Mark

Guest Raven_Effect01

I just knew when X-Pac, Nash, HHH, and Michaels got back together in WWE that this would happen. So far, Hogan's not been using politics ever since he came back to WWE, and has put Angle over cleanly on PPV, I'm very surprised at that, and that's an improvement on Hogan's part. Still, I agree with many others that the next time X-Pac refuses to work, he should be fired, and Nash, HBK, X-Pac, and HHH should NOT be allowed to change their segments or nix segments they aren't even in to bury other wrestlers(ala Jericho/Cena/Vince segment where Cena slapped Jericho) because they obviously don't run things in WWE.

Guest Shaved Bear

X-Pac looks like a rat, and he sneaks out of jobbing like a bitch

HHH looks like an elephant (nose) and squashes people